Rejection without a rejection.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wayne K

Banned
Reaction score
I don't know what to make of it. I queried, was asked for the first 100 pages. Based on that I received a request for a full, so I e-mailed to ask a question and got no response. Did that twice more over three weeks, no answer.

I figured, "Hey, it's September, the Jewish holidays may have her away from the job", or whatever her reason is. But then in B&BC, I see the agent is responding to several people there in minutes or hours.

WTF?

AngelaA

Are we there yet?
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.angelaaddams.com
How frustrating...I hate it when that happens...twitter makes it all the worse too. When you see them posting there when they should be responding to you...it sucks. But you have other fulls out don't you? I'd focus on something else for now; leave this one for a month and see what happens.

Wayne K

Banned
Reaction score
Thanks Angela. I'm going to use the lull to revise and keep subbing. If she doesn't get back to me,I'll sell this ms to someone else.

Wayne K

Banned
Reaction score
I might, but I'm wondering if she'll get it.

Wayne K

Banned
Reaction score
I will Judg. If I don't hear back I'll call. It's a big agency and she seems to be very professional, so I think the spam filter thing (though I don't know what it is) is in play here.

Wayne K

Banned
Reaction score
Thanks guys. My wife came up with a possible solution, which is to follow up through her e-mail address.

I didn't mention that I sent a requested ms to an agency last winter and waited eight weeks (as per the website) only to find that he never got it. I'm frustrated that technology is getting in the way of the gazillions of dollars I expect to make from this book. :D

scope

Commonsensical Maverick
Registered
Reaction score
I think you should give her a call and tell her what's been going on. If she's not in and an intern or someone else takes your call, tell them why you are calling and that you really need the agent to call you or send you an email a/s/a/p.

KTC

Stand in the Place Where You Live
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
ktcraig.com
Wayne...if asked for a full, send a full.

popmuze

Last of a Dying Breed
Registered
Reaction score
Yeah, I don't see why you have to interrupt the flow of good news with a question. Makes you seem, I don't know, like a potential problem client.

scope

Commonsensical Maverick
Registered
Reaction score
I think you should give her a call and tell her what's been going on. If she's not in and an intern or someone else takes your call, tell them why you are calling and that you really need the agent to call you or send you an email a/s/a/p.

Yes, in addition to the above (actually,before) I would send off the manuscript requested. Not much of a downside to do so. And then, if at this point the question(s) you have are improtant, call.

Wayne K

Banned
Reaction score
I sent it a few minutes ago. Tomorrow I'll call and make sure they got it.

Thank you all, I appreciate the support and advice.

popmuze

Last of a Dying Breed
Registered
Reaction score
If the today you're talking about is Sunday, then I'm not sure they'll get it by Monday, post offices and fed ex being closed and all. Unless you're planning to hand deliver, I'd wait until Tuesday or Wednesday for the follow up call.

Reason for editing: Unless, of course, you're sending it by email (duh).

Still, tomorrow is a holiday, if your agent is of the Jewish faith.

Status
Not open for further replies.