Not Quite a Million Words - Book Two is Finished Though

JJ Cooper

Registered
Reaction score
Only 81,609 quality (hoping) words for this year, which is book two. Submitted to my publisher today. Let the editing begin.

Hopefully, I'll boost that word count a fair bit toward the million (dreaming) mark as I begin book three next week.

Cheers,

JJ

aadams73

A Work in Progress
Registered
Reaction score
Excellent, JJ. Looking forward to it. :D

Ken

Banned
Kind Benefactor
Reaction score
... uncool pot shot: ridiculing another member's own recently posted accomplishment by titling this thread as you have.
So I think I'll pass on the congrats. Unbelievable that someone as accomplished as yourself remains jealous of other people's feats.

Adam

Not dead.
Registered
Reaction score
... uncool pot shot: ridiculing another member's own recently posted accomplishment by titling this thread as you have.
So I think I'll pass on the congrats. Unbelievable that someone as accomplished as yourself remains jealous of other people's feats.

Indeed.

thethinker42

Abnormal Romance Author
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.gallagherwitt.com
Only 81,609 quality (hoping) words for this year, which is book two. Submitted to my publisher today. Let the editing begin.

Hopefully, I'll boost that word count a fair bit toward the million (dreaming) mark as I begin book three next week.

Cheers,

JJ

Congrats, JJ. Good luck with #3.

brainstorm77

practical experience, FTW
Registered
Reaction score

Yup.

JJ Cooper

Registered
Reaction score

Reading too much into it. I could write for eighteen hours a day and still get nowhere near a million words in a year. It's a wonderful feat if you can.

Hardly jealous though, tiger.

Thanks for taking the time to misinterpet the thread and post your misguided assumption.

Cheers,

JJ

ChaosTitan

Around
Registered
Reaction score
Website
kellymeding.com
This is the Goals & Accomplishments forum, folks. If you don't have congrats to hand out, take it to PM.

And congrats on finishing Book Two, JJ! Here's hoping it's as good as the first! :D

JJ Cooper

Registered
Reaction score
Fortunately, this is book two of the deal. My editor is reading it this weekend. Here's hoping she like's it. Not too sure what will happen if she doesn't - took me long enough to finish this one.

The good news is that the publisher wants me to continue with the series. We haven't sat down to talk contracts yet though.

Thank you for all the well-wishes.

Cheers,

JJ

dpaterso

Also in our Discord and IRC chat channels
Staff member
Super Moderator
Registered
Reaction score
Website
derekpaterson.net
Congrats JJ, hope the rewrites aren't too much hassle.

-Derek

CACTUSWENDY

An old, sappy, and happy one.
Kind Benefactor
Requiescat In Pace
Registered
Reaction score
Super news...wish you success with this. W00t!