Have you watched any of the new shows, which ones, and if so do you like any?

rhymegirl

It's a New Year!
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Title says it all.

Anything new on TV you're watching?

Wayne K

Banned
Reaction score
I like the blank screen better than any orf the programming. (I'm fickle) But I do like my sports. I didn't have TV for a few years, so maybe I just don't get what people like anymore.

rhymegirl

It's a New Year!
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I watched Mercy last night. It was so-so.

Tonight I watched a little of Fast Forward.

I haven't seen any new shows so far that appealed to me that much.

alleycat

Still around
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I accidentally caught Community (NBC) last week; I sort of half-way watched it while I was doing something else. It might be worth watching again. It comes on tonight.

rhymegirl

It's a New Year!
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Yeah, I'm guessin' by the unpopularity of this thread that not many people are in love with the new shows.

aadams73

A Work in Progress
Registered
Reaction score
I didn't watch the old shows, so the new ones don't hold much appeal.

Actually, I don't remember the last time the TV was on--and I even have cable hooked into my pc.

Silver King

Megalops Erectus
Registered
Reaction score
I'm looking forward to the new season of Dexter on Showtime. Oh, and Curb Your Enthusiasm on HBO.

Besides those, nothing much shines my scales on television anymore. Even most sports, especially football, where fully two-thirds of the broadcast is made up of commercials. Enough, already, with the freaking ads.

rhymegirl

It's a New Year!
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Well, in case there are few replies to this thread, I'll just talk about alleycat's new avatar.

That so reminds me of what I used to do with our cat when I was a kid living at home. I used to make him get up on his hind legs with his paws out and beg for his cat food. "I'd say, 'Up, up, up!'" And he did it.

Chasing the Horizon

Blowing in the Wind
Registered
Reaction score
I saw Mercy and thought it was pretty good. I'm sick of shows set in hospitals, though. You will never be as good as the early years of ER. Accept it, and come up with something new.

The few other new shows I like are on cable and premiered over the summer.

Oh, and NCIS LA was a disappointment. Not nearly as good as NCIS.

Silver King

Megalops Erectus
Registered
Reaction score
My wife has been watching Biggest Loser, which she really likes. I taped an episode for her last week, and she skipped past about forty minutes of the two hour show, which was taken up by commercials.

If I've said it once, I've said it at least a thousand times: Enough, already, with the freaking ads!

Silver King

Megalops Erectus
Registered
Reaction score
Oh, and I forgot to mention that I caught a few minutes of the latest and increasing lamest Survivor last week.

When Jeff said, "Come on in, guys," that was my cue to change the channel.

rhymegirl

It's a New Year!
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
My wife has been watching Biggest Loser, which she really likes. I taped an episode for her last week, and she skipped past about forty minutes of the two hour show, which was taken up by commercials.

My daughter likes The Biggest Loser.

aadams73

A Work in Progress
Registered
Reaction score
If I've said it once, I've said it at least a thousand times: Enough, already, with the freaking ads!

That's my biggest problem with television right there. I just can't tolerate commercials at all.

kayleamay

I'm on the phone.
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
TiVo'd series in my home: Dexter, Weeds, Ugly Betty and The US of Tara if they bring it back.

Kitty Pryde

i luv you giant bear statue
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I'm loving GLEE (see thread where everyone gushes about how much they love Glee!) and other than that I'm looking forward to Three Rivers to start (because it has Kate Moennig who I love, and an Asian-American guy as one of the three MCs, which is rarer than sasquatch!). All the other stuff just looked awful, Cougar Town and Eastwick looking particularly egregious.

BardSkye

Barbershoppin' Harmony Whore
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
The Big Bang Theory is pretty good.

I'm hoping somebody will put Dr. Who on as well.

katiemac

Five by Five
Registered
Reaction score
I watched a lot of new things so you don't have to.

Glee is cute for now, at least, but it seems pretty solid. So far I'm only sticking with Flash Forward, and I'll keep Community until 30 Rock comes back to see if it improves. But I have a feeling it won't hold me when it switches to its original timeslot.

Kitty Pryde is right ... Cougar Town was bad. I turned Eastwick off after ten minutes. I caught the end of Mercy and thought that was pretty terrible. To be fair, none of these are my kind of show anyway. I don't do cop or medical (House is the exception). Modern Family might be worth watching, but honestly I'll probably end up forgetting it's on (I think it's opposite Glee).

Everything else I watch and look forward to in the spring are returning series. V might end up being decent, as well, but that doesn't start until November.

Last edited:

Leah J. Utas

Protecting Teddy with all my might.
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
No time yesterday or I would have replied earlier.

I get a kick out of Glee. I'll stick with it awhile if for no other reason than Jane Lynch.

FlashForward has me.

Got Cougar Town and The Good Wife taped so will get to them tonight probably.

Couldn't stomach Community. Too annoying.

I'll give Eastwick another chance, but it was too overplayed and that annoyed. Except Paul Gross. He overplayed well.

Watched The Vampire Diaries twice. I wish high school kids looked like high school kids, but that may be too much to ask.