• Read this stickie before posting.

• In order to reduce the number of new members requesting a Beta reader before they're really ready for one, we've instituted a 50 post requirement before you can start a thread seeking a Beta reader.
    • You can still volunteer to Beta for someone else; just please don't request someone to Beta for you until you're more familiar with the community and our members.

YA Beta?

Status
Not open for further replies.

shelib2125

Registered
Reaction score
I am looking for a Beta for my YA novel. It has some "harsh" content because it is about a girl dealing with abuse. It also has some fantastical elements to it, but it is mostly a novel dealing with teenage life. The novel is about 50,000 words as it sits right now.
The book follows a girl who has a schizophrenic, abusive father. She has to deal with teenage life while sorting out the conflicting emotions she has for her father. In her dreams, she often relives the abuses sorting them out through her subconscious.
I usually have trouble with the pacing of a novel and need to add scenes to make it more readable. I don't mind a lot of criticism, and I think I need some fresh eyes to make sure it is accomplishing what I would like it to.
I'm an English teacher, so I understand criticism, and shouldn't have too many grammatical mistakes (but I am only human, after all). I have other specific questions I can send with the manuscript.
Someone with experience working with agents would be really helpful to me since this is my first novel.
If you are interested, let me know. Thanks.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.