The only dumb question

The Lonely One

Why is a raven like a writing desk?
Registered
Reaction score
Eh, I don't know. I've asked some dumb ones here at AW. Maybe I should keep my mouth shut once and a while and lurk a bit more :)

What are some of the dumb, over-asked questions you've asked? Dig deep on your profile and find some of the ones right after "Hi, I'm so and so..."

I've asked about self-publishing, I've asked about 2nd person, I've asked about killing the narrator, I've asked things like "why is it wrong for me to do this thing that doesn't work?" and "what is right-justified?"

OMG.

I'm sure I'm still asking stupid questions. (This is one, isn't it...Damn it.)

SirOtter

Il Cavaliere Marino
Registered
Reaction score
The only dumb question is the one you don't ask.

Mumut

Well begun is half done...
Registered
Reaction score
And don't do it only 'once in a while'. I've read questions here I never even heard of the problem before. I have to thank so many question askers. Keep asking.

kayleamay

I'm on the phone.
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I agree with above persons. Your questions seem legit to me. I have questions constantly. (i.e. I didn't know what ETA meant. Where I work it means Estimated Time of Arrival. Here it means Edited To Add...go figure.)

If someone gives you snarky answers, blow them off. Last time I checked, no one on this forum was omniscient....except me of course. hehe.

Now get back out there, post those questions and if someone's head explodes over it you can just sit back and relish in the thought that this is a virtual world so the clean-up is easy!

The Lonely One

Why is a raven like a writing desk?
Registered
Reaction score
Heh thanks guys. I partly blame my trouble fenagling with the search function but you're all so gosh-darn encouraging!

Shucks.

BenPanced

THE BLUEBERRY QUEEN OF HADES (he/him)
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I believe it was Sir Thomas More, or it might have been Erma Bombeck, I keep confusing the two, who said, "There's no such thing as a foolish question, and a man only becomes a fool once he stops asking questions."

Wayne K

Banned
Reaction score
One stupid question if it's aimed at me "Are you going to eat that?"

Matera the Mad

Bartender, gimme a Linux Mint
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.firefromthesky.org
Most of the so-called dumb questions are called dumb because they are asked often, and could have been answered silently by reading a few threads. Every time one is asked, it probably gets answered for at least six other noobs by putting the question at the top of the forum list -- so it serves more than its original purpose. Not so dumb after all.