• Read this stickie before posting.

• In order to reduce the number of new members requesting a Beta reader before they're really ready for one, we've instituted a 50 post requirement before you can start a thread seeking a Beta reader.
    • You can still volunteer to Beta for someone else; just please don't request someone to Beta for you until you're more familiar with the community and our members.

Help please...

Status
Not open for further replies.

amlptj

Speling & grammer murderer, Sorrie!
Registered
Reaction score
Hi im clearly pretty new here, and since i have been on here i've noticed how many people are published and after writing the same series for 8 years i figured i shoud start trying to get published. The problem is i dont know the first step about what to do, or where to go.

Ive tryed asking for help in the YA section but i didnt get much feedback, can someone please help me! I'm seriously confused about the process and really want to get published.

If it helps any I'm 19 and write a YA horror series, I've written 5 full books already although the grammar and spelling in them probably needs some tuning up.

I would be very grateful for any advice anyone can give to me, Thanks alot!

NIYRAK

Plot Ninja's on the loose!
Registered
Reaction score
First of all get your manuscripts polished. (fix errors).
Then do some research online into Literary Agents. If you just google Literary Agents you'll get a ton of hits. Next Research that agent. Make sure he/she is the right one for your books, (not to mention they are reputible.)
I'm new here too but from what I've seen on here these people have a good feel for wheather or not an agent is legit, so ask someone in a thread.
Age has no bering on anything. If your work is marketable than an agent won't care if you're 12.
Please Note. I AM NOT A PUBLISHED AUTHOR. I HAVE WRITTEN A NUMBER OF NOVELS BUT NEVER PUBLISHED. That being said there may be someone more seasoned who can better answer your questions.
Hope I helped.

Jess Haines

Boldly going nowhere in particular.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jesshaines.com
KB has some good advice.

I suggest, after cleaning up what spelling and grammar errors you can find on your own, posting your work in the Share Your Work section of this forum (password: vista).

You should also check out some agent blogs and other resources for tips on the process. See my blog post on industry tips/websites here.

PM me if you have additional questions, I'd be glad to help.

Kregger

Shortening People's Lives, daily
Registered
Reaction score
Website
karlrich.wordpress.com
You need to start developing a query. A query letter is the first contact for you with an agent. There is a very specific way to write these letters. Querry Hell will help. If you find a specific agent that is a fit for you and you blow them out of the water with a stinky query all of your work will be for naught.

Status
Not open for further replies.