Star Wars Quote/Fan/Geek Thread

regdog

The Scavengers
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Since someone complained that we were quoting Star Wars in another thread and not letting it die. **Ahem** phhht on you, cray

Here's a a thread for everything Star Wars.

Join me and we will rule the universe as father and son

Silent Rob

Riff-Raff
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Beam me up, Scotty.

Oh, wait...

KellyAssauer

The Anti-Magdalene
Registered
Reaction score
Somewhere in the first film Luke and Lura er Leah are being chased through some space-ship thingy while the white army-looking guys are shooting at them... and Luke opens some hatch thing and Leah follows in behind. But the white-army guys try to open the door and Luke fires something at the control panel and says:

"There! That should hold 'em off for awhile." or something very much like that -and that's was the "Ah-ha" moment for me- when I realized I'm watching a bad spaghetti western in spacesuits...

regdog

The Scavengers
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
HanSolo.jpg

lucidzfl

Back from the dead
Registered
Reaction score
Never tell me the odds.

lucidzfl

Back from the dead
Registered
Reaction score
I find your lack of faith... Disturbing.

lucidzfl

Back from the dead
Registered
Reaction score
You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy.

You know, reading some of these quotes it is both amazing and sad how much fucking better the dialog in the first three was compared to the prequels.

YOURE PRETTYYY, HURRR, AND SOFT. DERP!!! UR NOT LIKE SAND LOL. SAND IS RUFFF!!! U R NOT RUFF! HURPDURP!

cray

Superior Life form
Registered
Reaction score
Since someone complained that we were quoting Star Wars in another thread and not letting it die. **Ahem** phhht on you, cray

Here's a a thread for everything Star Wars.

Join me and we will rule the universe as father and son

it was hardly a complaint,....
pffft.

and i hate that you've forced me to post this again:
C3PO_no_grain.jpg

Plot Device

A woman said to write like a man.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
sandwichboardroom.blogspot.com
You know, reading some of these quotes it is both amazing and sad how much fucking better the dialog in the first three was compared to the prequels.

YOURE PRETTYYY, HURRR, AND SOFT. DERP!!! UR NOT LIKE SAND LOL. SAND IS RUFFF!!! U R NOT RUFF! HURPDURP!

I have read all the original scripts for the first 1977 film. The original scripts date back to 1973 and 1974. TERRIBLE dialog in those also, The truth is that George Lucas had someone come in and doctor up the dialog -- someone who is AWESOME at writing dialog. But that dialog doctor did NOT get credited as one of the scriptwriters. He remains an unsung hero ghost writer to this day.

spamwarrior

rewriting.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
acurrentundersea.wordpress.com
I have read all the original scripts for the first 1977 film. The original scripts date back to 1973 and 1974. TERRIBLE dialog in those also, The truth is that George Lucas had someone come in and doctor up the dialog -- someone who is AWESOME at writing dialog. But that dialog doctor did NOT get credited as one of the scriptwriters. He remains an unsung hero ghost writer to this day.

I wonder who it was. You know, we look back at how it was before, 20-30 years, and it's SOOO different.

Like when I watched Superman. Gosh, it looks horrible to me now...

Honalo

Registered
Reaction score
I don't think he likes you.
No. I don't like you either.

Funny this thread should come up today - I exercise on a stationary bike at night and to pass the time watch videos and just put in the first Star Wars yesterday. In addition to cringing at Carrie Fisher's acting - and gaping at how young they all look - I have to say I'm still not feeling Hayden Christensen behind that big black mask.