My First Book Deal

Breddings

Registered
Reaction score
Website
beer.about.com
Hi everyone,

I got my first book deal. It's a travel/beer book about Missouri Breweries. It's part of a series from Stackpole Books that heretofore has mostly focused on Eastern states - Pennsylvania, New Jersey, New York, etc.

I emailed Stackpole last March (thanks Absolute Write forumers for the help with the letter) and suggested a Missouri addition to the series. After months I finally heard from an editor and now I have the agreement sitting on my desk.

And now the happy dance ...:snoopy:

regdog

The Scavengers
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
smiley-bounce017.gif

smiley-happy096.gif

poze.gif

many-frothy-beers.jpg

nitaworm

AW Addict
Registered
Reaction score
Yeah!! Congratulations!

CaroGirl

Living the dream
Registered
Reaction score
Congratulations! I LOVE beer. Mostly Canadian and European, not that American stuff (but don't hold it against me!).

You must be thrilled!!

Breddings

Registered
Reaction score
Website
beer.about.com
Thanks everyone!

CaroGirl - By "that American stuff" I assume that you mean Bud/Miller/Coors. American beer has gone WAY beyond that. If you live in the US find a local brewery or brewpub and go try their stuff. I know you're going to be impressed. Drink local!

MissKris and Wayne K - I've been at this beer writing thing for just over three years. I still dig on the free samples and 'research' that come my way but the giddy thrill dissolved long ago. That being said, I can't think of a better industry to cover. Beer people are the coolest people on the planet and the perks, well, they're still perks!