PDA

View Full Version : Cocaine or heroine?

bylinebree
09-22-2009, 02:01 AM
Which drug would be more dangerous, if given (against the person's will) to someone with asthma?

I know coke is a vasoconstrictor, which can affect airways.

What about heroine though? What if they're mixed -- even more deadly, and how?

scarletpeaches
09-22-2009, 02:03 AM
I have a heroine in all my books. :D

Seriously though, doesn't it depend on how it's administered?

StephanieFox
09-22-2009, 02:10 AM
Combine them and you've got a speedball. Very nasty.
http://opioids.com/speedballs/

Shady Lane
09-22-2009, 02:11 AM
How it's administered definitely affects it. My first instinct is to say heroin, since it's a nervous system depressant, which can lead to respiratory distress. The affects of it also last a lot longer than those of cocaine. If you're smoking heroin, it's going to be even worse, since smoke and asthma don't mix well.

Paul
09-22-2009, 02:31 AM
Well I'm an asthmatic and I say - send me both. I'll get back to you asap. Honest.
I will also accept any form of heroine, especially fantasy (cos they always dress so... well)

backslashbaby
09-22-2009, 02:35 AM
Hmmmm.... codeine is actually used to help bronchial issues, so I'm thinking that opiates might help asthma. OTOH, I know that stimulants are often herbal remedies for asthma, so cocaine might fit there.

Of course, in a high enough dose, heroin is going to depress breathing, so that can't be a good thing ;)

Paul
09-22-2009, 02:46 AM
Hmmmm.... codeine is actually used to help bronchial issues, so I'm thinking that opiates might help asthma. OTOH, I know that stimulants are often herbal remedies for asthma, so cocaine might fit there.

Of course, in a high enough dose, heroin is going to depress breathing, so that can't be a good thing ;)

If it's real answers you seek backslashbaby is correct.
Tell me, you (Bee) hope to use this in a murder novel, yes? Most asthmatics die from heart attacks, due to panic. Strange but through. If yuo wanna kill one, hide their inhaler...:tongue

Rowan
09-22-2009, 03:07 AM
Which drug would be more dangerous, if given (against the person's will) to someone with asthma?

I know coke is a vasoconstrictor, which can affect airways.

What about heroine though? What if they're mixed -- even more deadly, and how?

Both drugs would be dangerous - especially in large quantities. Coke/Heroin together = speedball. Crack/Heroin together = eightball. A lot of people OD from heroin as the purity is going up... effects of cocaine wear off faster than heroin.

"Interesting" site on drugs:
www.drugs-forum.com (http://www.drugs-forum.com)

Hope that helps!

bylinebree
09-22-2009, 05:17 AM
Tell me, you (Bree) hope to use this in a murder novel, yes?

It's romantic-suspense. Sorry, but he can't die!

They force a bolus of coke down his throat (as a special object lesson to another character). That might be enough, maybe I don't need to mix another drug in there, heh.

bylinebree
09-22-2009, 05:19 AM
I will also accept any form of heroine, especially fantasy (cos they always dress so... well)

OH. Yeah...I meant HEROIN.
:ROFL:

Chumplet
09-22-2009, 05:24 AM
... I was gonna say...

bylinebree
09-22-2009, 05:27 AM
Yeah, the brain was not firing on all pistons, there!

Wayne K
09-22-2009, 05:46 AM
For an asthmatic Cocaine. Hands down.

backslashbaby
09-22-2009, 05:50 AM
Maybe the cocaine can make him paranoid about an asthma attack? Or make an attack worse because of paranoia.

pink lily
09-28-2009, 06:51 PM
Both drugs would be dangerous - especially in large quantities. Coke/Heroin together = speedball. Crack/Heroin together = eightball.
That must be a local slang expression in some places. Around here (Philadelphia region), an eightball is a unit of measure, specifically, a 3.5 gram bag of cocaine.

Then again I admit I have no idea what people would call the lethal combination of crack and heroin. I just know that cocaine is sold in "40s" (a $40 bag, about 1 or 1.5 grams) and "eightballs" (an eighth of an ounce, 3.5 grams). I have never heard "eightball" used in any other way.

Rowan
09-28-2009, 09:54 PM
That must be a local slang expression in some places. Around here (Philadelphia region), an eightball is a unit of measure, specifically, a 3.5 gram bag of cocaine.

Then again I admit I have no idea what people would call the lethal combination of crack and heroin. I just know that cocaine is sold in "40s" (a $40 bag, about 1 or 1.5 grams) and "eightballs" (an eighth of an ounce, 3.5 grams). I have never heard "eightball" used in any other way.

Yeah, drug slang varies by region/DTO but in my professional experience an eightball was used to refer to both a crack/heroin mixture along with 1/8 oz of whatever (eight ball). As with most things in the drug world there are no hard and fast rules... a drug agent/TFO has to learn the code used by the DTO in question. For example, "speedball" or "speedballing" can mean other than heroin/cocaine together...

[Just so nobody thinks otherwise --- this is all work-related knowledge/experience :D )

Just a couple of additional resources (and there are many):
http://www.whitehousedrugpolicy.gov/streetTerms/ByAlpha.asp?strTerm=E

http://www.nicd.us/drug-pictures.html

Kate, hope this helps and isn't causing undo confusion on your end.