Status
Not open for further replies.

allenparker

Naked Futon Guy
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.allenparker.net
Since we have the rejection list, I thought it would be nice to have a success thread. WIth this in mind, I have added this to the fray.

Please post your successes here. If you get a request fora few sample chapters from a query. If an agent or publisher askes for a full manuscript after sending a query, please let us know.

Of course, if you receive contract, send out the champagne and cigars, dance naked on the table, and end us a note here.

Unfortunately, I do not have a success to start the thread.

Who will be the first?

Just a naked dancing thought from the Palatial futon... Allen

CaptainCanard

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.CaptainCanard.com
1?

I had a weird, silly story accepted by Opium Magazine mid-April. Launch party with reading is set for August 20 in New York City. Stories will be introduced by authors, read by actors, with a Q & A session to follow. Unfortunately, I won't be able to attend. I kind of feel embarrassed for the actor that will have to read my story out loud in public because of some of the weird, graphic, hard R-rated sections. You would probably want to leave the kids at home or, at least, cover their ears with plungers.

This probably doesn't count, but I had a story accepted May 2004 by Sweet Fancy Moses. The journal was finally published this year and should be available sometime this month.

allenparker

Naked Futon Guy
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.allenparker.net
dancing with you two.

Congrats to both of you. I can't wait to list my first one here.

Come on folks, let's have some good news.

Allen

Poppy

Me, myself and I don't know
Registered
Reaction score
I got a letter yesterday from Heart-Felt Greetings that said they're holding 5 of my ideas. I sent them 10 ideas so they're interested in half of what I submitted. Even if they don't buy any of them, at least their interest means the ideas don't suck completely and that I might be able to sell them elsewhere, that's good news, right? :)

Susie

Thanks, special friend for my avi!
Registered
Reaction score
Congrats, all and Poppy, sure hope yours is accepted! I had a humorous anecdote in Woman's World, July 12th issue. It only had my initials SW in their Last Laugh! section.

allenparker

Naked Futon Guy
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.allenparker.net
Dance Partners

Starting with the Poppy Dance....

Drinking in a Little Sherri Sunshine!

Doing the Barb Bump!

Congrats to y'all.

Allen

batyler65

Plot Monkey
Registered
Reaction score

WOO-HOO!

I got a positive response from a publisher on a book query I sent out 6/30. They want to see the MS.

...Now, if only I knew which box to look in...

AAAAARRRRRGGGGGHHHHH! Moving is such an interesting endeavor for the freelance writer.

allenparker

Naked Futon Guy
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.allenparker.net
Ms. Tyler

Just think of the other opportunity, You could have been evicted and have to search the streets for where the ms blew off to.

Congrats.....

Who will be next? Could it be me? Tri? Barb?

triceretops

Banned
Flounced
Reaction score
Website
guerrillawarfareforwriters.blogspot.com
Uh, less see: Hellbound books got my 3-chapter email. Michael Psalits literary agencey got my 3-chapter email. Five Star Science Fiction, and Mundania Books both want full email manuscripts (But, Gak, the full manuscript is not ready yet so I'm at flank speed on the third revision!)

Triceratops

Poppy

Me, myself and I don't know
Registered
Reaction score
This week I have received 2 positive responses to queries. One from Renaissance Greeting Cards and another from Watermark Publishing.

Must have been my charming query letter that convinced them. A little please, please, please, pretty please with sugar on top can go a long way. ;)

Anastacia

Milk Maker
Registered
Reaction score
Natalia said:
I got a yes from Spiked Magazine in the UK for an essay/article.

woohoo

Spiked is way cool! :)

I had an acceptance from Birmingham Parent and an assignment from ComputorEdge Magazine.

YAHOO!

Natalia

I Moved Your Cheese
Registered
Reaction score
Website
pegasus.cc.ucf.edu
hehe

hehe... so I got this email from an editor saying they can't use my piece because since I sent it they have changed the focus of the publication. However, they really think the piece is great so they want to publish it on their site in ther "Showcase" area of up-and-coming writers.

So a rejection and a yes all in one :)

Pat~

Luftmensch Emeritus, A.D.D.
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Got a less-than-24-hour (email) response of YES yesterday from The Christian Communicator to my second article; first one was accepted and published by Breakthrough Intercessor about a month ago (also email acceptance).

Got a sort-of yes (?) from The Secret Place who returned 2 but kept 4 of the poems I submitted.

allenparker

Naked Futon Guy
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.allenparker.net
This is wonderful

PB10220, that is great! good for you.

Natalia, warming up to do the snoopy dance.

BA, Yeah!

I like this thread. Wish I had something to post. I just can't wait to make efveryone do the Naked Snoopy Dance!

Allen

Status
Not open for further replies.