PDA

View Full Version : My Fabulous Time Machine

aadams73
09-19-2009, 01:59 AM
Brilliant and talented woman that I am(and modest, too), I have invented a time machine made out of...well, never mind what it's made of--all you need to know is that it works.

My fabulous machine can take you anywhere and anywhen in the past or future. You can each have a turn, but you only get to pick one day from the past and one from the present to visit.

Which days would you pick, and why?

Did I mention that you're allowed to tinker with events?

I would choose March 15, 44 BC, because I like the idea of giving old Julius Caesar the heads up. Imagine what he could have given us besides yummy salad dressing if he'd been allowed to live? :D

For the future, I'd pick the day the world ends, whichever it is, just because I want to see how this all plays out. I want to know who was right and who was wrong, then mock the losers mercilessly in the privacy of my own head when I get back to the present.

So...your turn: where and when?

jennontheisland
09-19-2009, 02:02 AM
September 1 of this year. Stay for a week and start over again.

scarletpeaches
09-19-2009, 02:05 AM
First of all, there's a flaw in your argument because Julius Caesar knew the shizzle. I believe he committed 'suicide by cop senator'. So there.

When I am finished feeling superior, I shall return to give an answer which will blow your bollocks off.

aadams73
09-19-2009, 02:07 AM
First of all, there's a flaw in your argument because Julius Caesar knew the shizzle. I believe he committed 'suicide by cop senator'. So there.

Your logic has no place in my thread. :D

Wayne K
09-19-2009, 02:12 AM
There is a fifth dimension beyond that which is known to man. It is a dimension as vast as space and as timeless as infinity. It is the middle ground between light and shadow, between science and superstition, and it lies between the pit of man’s fears and the summit of his knowledge. This is the dimension of imagination. It is an area which we call the aadams Zone.

Cassiopeia
09-19-2009, 02:13 AM
January 10, 2000---The day my children and I were settled into our new home in Cape Town, South Africa.

January 10, 2010---The day I hope to step off the plane with my children again to visit our old home in South Africa and to celebrate all we've learned since.

scarletpeaches
09-19-2009, 02:17 AM
Your logic has no place in my thread. :DDon't make me do things to you in chapter 35. 'Cause you know I will.
There is a fifth dimension beyond that which is known to man. It is a dimension as vast as space and as timeless as infinity. It is the middle ground between light and shadow, between science and superstition, and it lies between the pit of manís fears and the summit of his knowledge. This is the dimension of imagination. It is an area which we call the aadams Zone.You too.

kayleamay
09-19-2009, 02:19 AM
Past: First day of high school. I was nervous/shy kid. I'm pretty sure that if I'd had the confidence then that I have now, I would rule the world.

Future: The day after I die. I want to see who is mourning, who is celebrating and who is just trying to steal my jewelry.

scarletpeaches
09-19-2009, 02:19 AM
I'd like to go back to 15th March 44BC thirty seconds before aadams73, to tell J-Caese that an Aussie bint is coming to get him with a dagger.

Gregg
09-19-2009, 02:35 AM
September 3, 2009. Whistler Golf Club, British Columbia.
The only change would be to putt a little better so I would break 90. Otherwise I played very well (for me). Shot 91.

Romantic Heretic
09-19-2009, 04:13 AM
Golgotha two thousand and eight years ago. Just to see if Rabbi Joshua ben Joseph really existed.

Also Sedan in 1940 (http://www.onwar.com/maps/wwii/blitz/1fsedan40.htm).

MsGneiss
09-19-2009, 04:15 AM
Well, now you've done it aadams. I've been Who-free for, what, 20 days now. Damn you. I'll be back to answer your question after I indulge in yet another David Tennant binge.

Wayne K
09-19-2009, 04:27 AM
I'd like to go back to the night I met my first wife, just to smell her again.

Chasing the Horizon
09-19-2009, 04:32 AM
December 31st, 2002. If I could, I wouldn't come back. I would stay in that time and re-do every single thing in my life. If I had to come back after one day, I would take a very long and involved note to my former self and leave it there. It would include such sage advice as "Make the most of the best relationship you will ever have! Save your money and go to college for psychology as soon as you turn 18! Start writing novels now, because it's one of only two things you'll ever be any good at! And for god's sake, quit that dead-end job before it almost kills you on February 6th, 2003!" Seriously, you have no idea what I would give to go back in time and SCREAM all those things at my former self, butterfly effect be damned.

As for the future, I have no idea. I'm honestly afraid to look.

MsGneiss
09-19-2009, 04:41 AM
Surprised that nobody wants to go back to voice a warning about tragic events in our recent history in hopes of preventing them or minimizing the damage. As for me, I'd go back and warn everyone to NOT vote for Saxon. (damn it).

Calla Lily
09-19-2009, 04:48 AM
Can't remember the date (getting old) but the fall Friday in 1983 when our amateur college troupe got a standing ovation for the musical Working. It was amazing and thrilling and magical and everything we'd ever hoped for but didn't dare dream of.

The future? Nope. I want to be surprised. :)

scarletpeaches
09-19-2009, 04:55 AM
Golgotha two thousand and eight years ago. Just to see if Rabbi Joshua ben Joseph really existed.

Also Sedan in 1940 (http://www.onwar.com/maps/wwii/blitz/1fsedan40.htm).He probably would have been in Egypt round about then.

JoeEkaitis
09-19-2009, 05:42 AM
There is a fifth dimension beyond that which is known to man. It is a dimension as vast as space and as timeless as infinity. It is the middle ground between light and shadow, between science and superstition, and it lies between the pit of manís fears and the summit of his knowledge. This is the dimension of imagination. It is an area which we call the aadams Zone.Dang, you look good wearing a Kuppenheimer suit and holding a lighted Marlboro.

Priene
09-19-2009, 07:30 AM
I'd like to see that asteroid hit the planet and take out the dinosaurs. From orbit, preferably. Nothing beats planetary destruction for high drama.

And then I'd zip to the future to watch the day London dies. Don't know how it'll happen, but it's going to be emotional.