• Guest please check The Index before starting a thread.

[Agency] The Wordsmith's Forge (Bill Jeffrey)

shaldna

The cake is a lie. But still cake.
Registered
Reaction score
does anyone know anything about him? or is anyone signed with him?

there's alot on the interet, but no real info to speak of.

SJWangsness

An unknown known
Registered
Reaction score
Well, whoever he is, he doesn't seem to know the difference between "annuals," which are plants that bloom once, and "annals," which are chronicles or collections of stories, facts. Certainly doesn't give one confidence.

Phaeal

Whatever I did, I didn't do it.
Registered
Reaction score
Actually, annuals tend to bloom continuously through a long summer season, whereas many perennials bloom only once. The difference is that the annuals die over the winter in a given climate, hence lasting in the garden only one "year." Note: Annuals may be perennials in the warmer climates of their origin.

Just being annoying pedantic. But an "annuals"/"annals" gaff would put me off, too. To what extent would depend on how many books the agent has sold, and how well. If he's a firecracker, he can call my marigolds anything he wants.

;)

The Wordsmithsforge website confused me. Is it offering to put work up in audio form? I tried to look further into the site, but got error messages for all but the home page.

Another thought: "Annual" can also refer to a once-a-year publication. I'm not sure, though, that this is what the website refers to.

Last edited:

SJWangsness

An unknown known
Registered
Reaction score
Yes, what I probably should have said is simply that annuals die in the winter and perennials don't.

shaldna

Registered
Reaction score
i ran another search for him and he represents suzanne o'leary who's got five or six books in print. her books were published by New Island, so I assume it's not just audio.

that's why I asked if anyone had any dealings with him, because the info i could find was very vague.

Marathon Man

Registered
Reaction score
Bill Jeffery

This man is at best a 'time waster' and at worst a charlatan. I had the misfortune of sending him my MS back in January. I have made a complaint to Publishing Irelnd regarding his work, or rather his lack of it. Luckily, I have now got a proper agent but Jeffery is likely to discourage any writer who happens to cross his path. My advice is steer well clear.

shaldna

Registered
Reaction score
This man is at best a 'time waster' and at worst a charlatan. I had the misfortune of sending him my MS back in January. I have made a complaint to Publishing Irelnd regarding his work, or rather his lack of it. Luckily, I have now got a proper agent but Jeffery is likely to discourage any writer who happens to cross his path. My advice is steer well clear.

I contacted him last september about a contemp romance I had written. I really wanted to work with someone local, and as he's based in Belfast I queried him. We spoke on the phone and he seemed really nice, excited and professional. He asked me to send him a partial, so I did.

I got an email back within a couple of days saying he had started reading it, was really liking it and would get back in touch in a week or so.

That was the last I heard from him. I emailed him about a month later to query the status, heard nothing. Gave it another month.

Anyway, long story short, 11 months and half a dozen emails and he hasn't even had the courtesy to respond and say no.