fellow recipients of cash through PayPal: what is the deal with it?

Honalo

Registered
Reaction score
So at last I've gotten my little tank of gas payment for a short story recently published - the cash was posted through PayPal and should have been put into my checking account.
I checked yesterday: 2 cents had been deposited
Today: 3 cents were deposited.
Whaaaaa??

Anyone have experience with this? I seem to have done everything right on my end with opening an account, etc (I'm new to PayPal) - so is this a problem with PayPal? Or with the publication?

Any insight would be greatly appreciated.
I'm calling paypal on my lunch, BTW - but thought I'd pick brains in case you all know of something I'm missing.

lucidzfl

Back from the dead
Registered
Reaction score
Is this a seinfeld joke?

"And really, What IS the deal with sending money through paypal!??!"

ETA: Did you just recently request verification with paypal?

What they do is, they make two miniscule deposits into your account, and the way you verify it is they'll ask you for the two amounts. Whenever you log back in to verify, they should prompt for those amounts. Its how they know your account is really yours.

Honalo

Registered
Reaction score
no, they didn't prompt for the amounts. I'll try now and see if I missed something

Honalo

Registered
Reaction score
All it shows on my acct page are transaction details and transaction status as cleared.
no prompts asking me what had already been paid out and no buttons to indicate I have to click on something to enter further info to complete the transaction.
I'm totally confused.

Honalo

Registered
Reaction score
Oooooooohh, I got it
I have to go into "confirm bank account"
Could they be any less forthcoming with information as to how to get paid???
So what's the deal with that??
Thanks for your help lucid