PDA

View Full Version : Seeking Beta Reader for YA, Paranormal, Experimental Voice

JennW
09-18-2009, 05:18 PM
Hello all,

Iím looking for a beta reader for my 40k-word novel. It's young adult, paranormal romance, lit fic and it's written in a semi-experimental style. It's in first person/present tense.

The title is Lost Soul of Mine and it's about a 17 year old girl who lives alone with her alcoholic mother. She falls in love with a ghost who died on her property 40 years earlier. As the book progresses, they realize that near-death or dangerous experiences allow them to have physical contact, but when real danger arrives, neither of them is sure they're ready for it.

I'm looking for someone to give me a beta read for general overview/plot/character/voice, not an in-depth line crit, etc. Contact me if you want to take a look at the first chapter and see if we're a good fit.

TIA!:)

JLM
09-18-2009, 05:21 PM
Hey Jenn, I'd be willing to take a look at the first chapter for you. General overviews are what I prefer actually.

Just by way to explain my experience, I did acquisition reading for a small publisher over the summer. One of the MSs I recommended will be out in October.

JennW
09-18-2009, 05:26 PM
Thanks for the offer.:) Rep me your e-mail addy and I'll send it over. Thanks!

JLM
09-18-2009, 05:27 PM
PM'd you Jenn.

JennW
09-18-2009, 10:22 PM
Thanks.