PDA

View Full Version : Hey! Now I have a blog!

MC Howe
09-17-2009, 09:39 PM
I'm new to posting here, but I've been reading AW for quite a while now and it's been very useful as I try to enter the world of the written.

So I decided to start a blog. It's not just about writing, but all kinds of things that interest me, including writing and trying to get published. But my interests swing from the mundane to the most bizarre things I can find on the interwebs, so there's some fun stuff too.

Right now I'm sending out queries for my first novel, a middle grade adventure about a kid living on a pirate ship. I'm sure I'll have lots to write about that process.

Tracey Bentley
09-17-2009, 10:22 PM
Good luck with the blog - and welcome to AW :)

rhymegirl
09-17-2009, 10:28 PM
I'll go check out your blog.

Trish
09-18-2009, 03:36 PM
That's an interesting blog. Love the bagged head. :)

Good luck with it.

Trish

MC Howe
09-18-2009, 06:49 PM
Thanks for stopping by everyone. I'm still finding my way with this thing.

And I won't put in on the blog for superstitious reasons, but I got a request for a full ms yesterday, only three hours after sending the e-query.:)

Fingers crossed.

lostwanderer5
09-18-2009, 07:24 PM
I like your tone, so I'm following :)

MC Howe
09-18-2009, 07:33 PM
Awesome!

Trish
09-18-2009, 08:04 PM
Great! Congratulations, Brickhouse. Good luck!

TooJoyful00
09-23-2009, 06:13 AM
I'm new to posting here, but I've been reading AW for quite a while now and it's been very useful as I try to enter the world of the written.

So I decided to start a blog. It's not just about writing, but all kinds of things that interest me, including writing and trying to get published. But my interests swing from the mundane to the most bizarre things I can find on the interwebs, so there's some fun stuff too.

Right now I'm sending out queries for my first novel, a middle grade adventure about a kid living on a pirate ship. I'm sure I'll have lots to write about that process.

I wish you well with your blog.
"Just do it"

Trish
09-23-2009, 09:50 AM
Blogs are just great. I love posting on my blog and visiting other blogs. Here is a great blog for helping aspiring writers: http://jordanmccollum.com/

MC Howe
09-23-2009, 07:36 PM
Blogs are great. But I'm finding they are a great time waster. I spend so much time reading blogs that I'm not writing as much as I should be. Still, what a great way to see into the psyche of so many. It's too much fun.

Trish
09-23-2009, 08:32 PM
I agree, Brickhouse. It is too much fun, but you can pick up great writing tips along the way. :)

DavidZahir
10-26-2009, 08:52 PM
Like your blog. Easy to read, with a specific (and entertaining) voice. Not only am I following it, I put a link up on my blog. Well done.