Mommy Cocktail Hour

klow

Registered
Reaction score
Many moms are turning playgroups into cocktail hours or drinking at home
while caring for their baby.

I would love to hear from you if you have even been involved in a "mommy cocktail & baby playdate" or if you found that you were drinking at home while caring for your baby.

You can email me directly at keathLow @ aol dot com or you can send me a private message through this forum.

Thanks so, so much!!

CACTUSWENDY

An old, sappy, and happy one.
Kind Benefactor
Requiescat In Pace
Registered
Reaction score
lmao...I find it amazing any mommy would have the time let alone the energy to drink and take care of a tiny one.

<<<<Shaking head......

Perks

delicate #!&@*#! flower
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jamie-mason.com
That's going to be a tough article to write. A tightwire strung between judgmental and condoning. Lol! Good luck.

(Yes, from a mom who has had a drink or two at the odd playdate.)

klow

Registered
Reaction score
Yeah, I know...
I am hoping I can address this in a sensitive way. Having input from both - moms who have had the occasional drink on a playdate and those who have found themselves using the drinks to escape or deal with difficulties - should help the article feel more rounded.

Spring

Little Miss Sunshine
Registered
Reaction score
I know of a local neighborhood where the ladies have a weekly "Wine & Whine."

I've definitely enjoyed a glass of wine in the late afternoon while visiting with friends where my children were with me. But my children aren't babies and I was never consuming alcohol to get drunk.

klow

Registered
Reaction score
Hey Spring,
Can you get me in touch with any of the women in this "Wine and Whine" group? They would be great to interview.

pink lily

I regret everything
Registered
Reaction score
I had one good girlfriend, a mom whose kids were just slightly younger than mine, who would always serve drinks when I visited for a playdate. Margaritas, beer, wine, and snacks. Our kids were not babies, they were old enough to play in the back yard while we moms relaxed. I drink at home, too, as long as I don't have to drive. You can PM me if you would like to know more, but I don't think there is much to say. Some people drink, others do not drink. It isn't as if we got sloshed.

My friend moved away a few years ago, and I sure do miss our playdates! All of my other friends are childfree.