PDA

View Full Version : Mommy Cocktail Hour

klow
09-17-2009, 06:42 PM
Many moms are turning playgroups into cocktail hours or drinking at home
while caring for their baby.

I would love to hear from you if you have even been involved in a "mommy cocktail & baby playdate" or if you found that you were drinking at home while caring for your baby.

You can email me directly at keathLow @ aol dot com or you can send me a private message through this forum.

Thanks so, so much!!

CACTUSWENDY
09-17-2009, 07:20 PM
lmao...I find it amazing any mommy would have the time let alone the energy to drink and take care of a tiny one.

<<<<Shaking head......

Perks
09-17-2009, 07:28 PM
That's going to be a tough article to write. A tightwire strung between judgmental and condoning. Lol! Good luck.

(Yes, from a mom who has had a drink or two at the odd playdate.)

klow
09-17-2009, 07:56 PM
Yeah, I know...
I am hoping I can address this in a sensitive way. Having input from both - moms who have had the occasional drink on a playdate and those who have found themselves using the drinks to escape or deal with difficulties - should help the article feel more rounded.

Spring
09-17-2009, 10:38 PM
I know of a local neighborhood where the ladies have a weekly "Wine & Whine."

I've definitely enjoyed a glass of wine in the late afternoon while visiting with friends where my children were with me. But my children aren't babies and I was never consuming alcohol to get drunk.

klow
09-18-2009, 12:55 AM
Hey Spring,
Can you get me in touch with any of the women in this "Wine and Whine" group? They would be great to interview.

pink lily
09-28-2009, 07:02 PM
I had one good girlfriend, a mom whose kids were just slightly younger than mine, who would always serve drinks when I visited for a playdate. Margaritas, beer, wine, and snacks. Our kids were not babies, they were old enough to play in the back yard while we moms relaxed. I drink at home, too, as long as I don't have to drive. You can PM me if you would like to know more, but I don't think there is much to say. Some people drink, others do not drink. It isn't as if we got sloshed.

My friend moved away a few years ago, and I sure do miss our playdates! All of my other friends are childfree.