• Read this stickie before posting.

• In order to reduce the number of new members requesting a Beta reader before they're really ready for one, we've instituted a 50 post requirement before you can start a thread seeking a Beta reader.
    • You can still volunteer to Beta for someone else; just please don't request someone to Beta for you until you're more familiar with the community and our members.

Seeking beta reader(s) for YA Fantasy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

PoppysInARow

Book Reviewer y'all
Registered
Reaction score
So, I've just completed my YA fantasy at 85, 000 words and need someone or a few people to look it over. I need people to check for general mistakes in my writing and places that seem boring. I need people to check for flow and characrization and any plotholes that I might've missed.

It's about a pair of boys who are forced from their island home when it's destroyed. They discover the mainland, a wonderful new world that is being threatened by war. Milo (My MC) then comes into possession of an Ad-Finem, a time manipulating pocket watch. With it, the fate of the mainland is in his hands. He can choose to stop the war, or he can choose to run away.

Just to get a feel, the following is an exerpt from the novel. If you feel you would be good for my project, PM me with your email address and I'll send you the manuscript.

“I guess I am kind of seeking guidance,” Milo admitted with a shrug of his shoulders. “A man who shares the same name as Chronos murdered my family and destroyed my home. I want to know why.”
The boy’s eyes widened to impossible diameters. “That’s horrible!” he exclaimed, grabbing Milo’s hands and clasping them tightly in his own. “I promise I’ll pray for you, every day. Then the Gods will bring this murderer to justice.”
Milo smiled at the boy’s enthusiasm. “The Gods can’t help me. I have to help myself.”
“The Gods will help you, if you ask,” the boy insisted. Milo decided not to shatter the boy’s belief with harsh reality.
“Okay,” he said. “Maybe one day I’ll meet Chronos, the real one, and he can help me find the fake one.”
The boy smiled brightly. “Would you like to meet the real Chronos?” Before Milo could voice his confusion, the boy released his hands, cocking his head to the side. “You’re Milo Castagnier, right? I’m Jason Medea. I’m supposed to give you this.”
Jason reached into his pocket and pulled out a small pocket watch. However, Milo could tell that there were a few extra knobs on it, as well as an unnatural gleam to the metal.
“What is that?” Milo asked, shock giving way to curiosity.
“It’s an Ad-Finem. Something that can bypass time,” Jason replied, extending it towards him. “It’s yours.”
Milo let his eyes trail from Jason to the Ad-Finem. He extended his hand, laying it gently on top of the small machine.
Suddenly, all around him, the world began to melt away like dripping candle wax. Milo’s eyes scanned the area, his heart rate speeding up. “What’s going on?” he demanded of Jason, who just gave him a small smile.
“Would you like to meet the Gods?” he asked quietly, as the world around him faded to black.

Status
Not open for further replies.