PDA

View Full Version : Frustration about being ALMOST there.

KTC
09-16-2009, 07:58 PM
I don't know if anybody else is going through this or not.

I'm quite at the end of my tether.

A month or so ago I began a thread here about my intentions of 'trunking' a few of my finished manuscripts.

The thing is...one of them was still in the hands of a publisher. It was its last kick at the can. IF it came back rejected I was going to 'trunk' it with the others.

The history of this manuscript:
1. 2007 - Won a best novel award
2. 2007 - Rejected by a publisher who really liked it...just not enough to allot it one of its few title spaces.
3. 2008-2009 With another publisher, I was told that it was being considered on their short list. 3 months later they asked me if it was still available for them. 1 month later, they said they would contact me soon with their final decision. It was on their short short list. Then NOTHING.
4. 2009 - A third publisher tells me they REALLY like it...but that they are unsure of the age appropriateness of the voice. They are still considering it.

I am getting all sorts of kudos on this damn manuscript. And yet it CANNOT find a home. It makes me want to give up writing. So much of me doesn't care about being published. But with this manuscript in particular, I've been told--even by publishers--that it's publication worthy. And yet...nothing.

HOW DOES ONE GET FROM ALMOST GOOD ENOUGH TO THERE. Point A to Point B. The gap is so close, yet SO far away.

I really had resolved to 'trunk' this one. It was figuratively in the trunk...just awaiting the return from the final consideration it's under. Now...I wonder. If it's almost there, is there a way to bring it THERE.

Kevin, frustrated and wondering what to do to give that extra little bit that this manuscript obviously needs. (I know there must be others dealing with this kind of thing. We can commiserate together)

CaroGirl
09-16-2009, 08:03 PM
HOW DOES ONE GET FROM ALMOST GOOD ENOUGH TO THERE. Point A to Point B. The gap is so close, yet SO far away.
If you ever find out that secret, let me know. I'd love to get in on that.

MsGneiss
09-16-2009, 08:05 PM
Who gave the book a Best Novel Award? I think that makes a difference. I am surprised that an award winning novel is having such a difficult time finding a home. Perhaps try University presses, or check who else publishes books that won that same award perviously.

quickWit
09-16-2009, 08:05 PM

I'm quite at the end of my tether. HOW DOES ONE GET FROM ALMOST GOOD ENOUGH TO THERE. Point A to Point B. The gap is so close, yet SO far away.

Dude, The GAP is in, like, every mall ever. (In the States, anyway). Plus, there's, like, online shopping and stuff.

And catalogs.

I don't see the problem.

quick, being sensitive and helpful as usual

scarletpeaches
09-16-2009, 08:06 PM
Ah, the final inch that lasts a mile.

Have you thought of sacrificing a still-beating baboon heart to the Great God Wibblywobbly?

dlparker
09-16-2009, 08:09 PM
The novel's obviously got some merit, or it would have had consistent form rejections, and it didn't.

What I would advise (what I would do, in your position): get some fresh perspective on the book, first. Find several good beta readers (easier said than done; I went through some useless ones, one even deterimental I would say, before I found a good one). But here on AW is a good place to find them. See what they say about your book. Think about it and fix up what sounds appropriate.

Or, you can actually hire a professional editor to take a look. This will cost, though, and do your homework; get recommendations on the quality of their work from several sources so you can get your money's worth.

Second, I would approach this with iron organization: I'd do market research (online, via Novel & Short Story Writers' Guide, Jeff Herman's, etc.) and list the potential markets for my book. Rank them in suitability. Since the wait times are so long (oh wow, do I feel for you here), I'd pick those that don't insist on exclusive first, all else being equal.

I feel for you. Polish the manuscript, get super organized on marketing, and DON'T GIVE UP being the best I can advise you. Good luck.

Wait times, BTW, are horrible with the big publishers. I wrote a semi-rant here on AW at one point myself to let off steam about that particular problem. Combined with their common exclusives, it really hurts writers. I'm still waiting, now month 5 1/2, on word on my submission).

KTC
09-16-2009, 08:09 PM
I'm just whining people. It's hard being ALMOST accepted several times.

scarletpeaches
09-16-2009, 08:14 PM
Whining my arse. Someone as talented as you deserves to 'whine'. At least you're not wangsting and refusing to do anything until the world recognises your genius. You're working towards it, whatever IT is, and whenever IT happens.

quickWit
I'm just whining people. It's hard being ALMOST accepted several times.

We almost accept you everyday. Think how difficult that is for us for a moment, you selfish turd.

the addster
Oh hell, I don't know.

I feel like the smartest kid in the dumb class most of the time.

If you figure it out, let me know too.

Stew21
09-16-2009, 08:15 PM
I've not been even close, but I imagine it is more painful up close than it is from this distance of mine.

KTC
09-16-2009, 08:22 PM
I feel like the smartest kid in the dumb class most of the time.

Wow! Does that ever resonate.

Thanks for the advice, all. And support. Just one of those days.

Bunneh...thanks for being you.

KTC
09-16-2009, 08:24 PM
Stew was gracious enough to PRIVATELY point out to me how dumb I am in repland. But I feel this is a good indication as to where my head is right now.

The dates...they should be 2007 and 2008-09. I lost a decade this morning. No cause for alarm...this happens all the time. I'm like the time traveller...only the dumb screwed up frazzled version.

scarletpeaches
09-16-2009, 08:25 PM
Could you go back to last week and smack yourself upside the head then? No reason, I just think it'd be cool.

KTC
09-16-2009, 08:31 PM
Could you go back to last week and smack yourself upside the head then? No reason, I just think it'd be cool.

Done. Now all I have is a memory of a fierce headache I suffered a week ago.

scarletpeaches
09-16-2009, 08:32 PM
Time travelling Canucks. They're the shizzle.

icerose
09-16-2009, 08:42 PM
Write your next book or it'll drive you nuts. It could be this will end up being your second published novel and that it's simply not meant to be a first. At any rate, good luck. Close calls are probably the most frustrating.

aadams73
09-16-2009, 08:49 PM
Get you a few good beta readers. They may see something you're missing.

scarletpeaches
09-16-2009, 08:51 PM
Also, I am the synopsis doctor.

I'm the dog's bollocks at selling other people's books.

CaroGirl
09-16-2009, 08:57 PM
Also, I am the synopsis doctor.

I'm the dog's bollocks at selling other people's books.
Is being the dog's bollocks a good thing?

scarletpeaches
09-16-2009, 08:59 PM
It's the cat's pyjamas, the bee's knees, the...well, it's great. The mutt's nuts.

Tallent
09-16-2009, 09:01 PM
Go ask Peoples how he handled the rejection of "Unforgiven" for 10 years.

Sometimes you have to wait for the market to catch up with you.

You write because you have to. You publish for the love. Most of the times you don't get the love you deserve.

KTC
09-16-2009, 09:03 PM
Feel free to write a synopsis for the one you're reading now. (-;

benbradley
09-16-2009, 09:08 PM
Okay, I don't know anything about these things, but how does an unpublished manuscript win a "Best Novel" award?

maestrowork
09-16-2009, 09:09 PM
Kevin, you're a great writer. And the fact that these publishers were interested, and put you on their short lists, etc. etc. means -- yes, I know you don't want to hear it -- you're really close. But remember, all it takes is ONE acceptance. The more you get it out there, the better chance it will find a match and a home. Sometimes it really is about being in the right hands at the right time. Publishing is a business, and unfortunately often it's out of the writer's hand. But you're a great writer, and you should believe in your book, because you fans do. Persevere. You're so close. Don't give up now.

Tallent
09-16-2009, 09:12 PM
What gets me through is an alcohol drenched leather belt across the back a couple of dozen times.

scarletpeaches
09-16-2009, 09:13 PM
I think you're in the wrong forum for that...erotica's thataway...

Ken
09-16-2009, 09:16 PM
... try getting additional feedback when you get that close. Editors often are willing to give it if you write them and ask. That way you'll at least know why they passed, and be able to act on their feedback if you think it's sound. No better betas than editors.

Phaeal
09-16-2009, 09:25 PM
Kevin,

Never give up on this one. It's already proven how good it is.

III
09-16-2009, 09:27 PM
Have you tried including some tasteful nude author photos along with your submissions?

scarletpeaches
09-16-2009, 09:28 PM
I don't think 'tasteful', 'nude' and 'Kevin' will ever appear in the same submission...er...package, III.

ChaosTitan
09-16-2009, 09:32 PM
Keep submitting, Kevin. Leave no market unturned. The one leaf you neglect to turn over may be hiding that acceptance you're waiting for.

maestrowork
09-16-2009, 09:34 PM
Have you tried including some tasteful nude author photos along with your submissions?

It worked for me. Although they weren't tasteful. Tasty, yes.

Cassiopeia
09-16-2009, 09:53 PM
*sprinkles Kevin with stardust to lift his spirits, give him patience and to inspire him to carry on with current projects and finally to forget about the one award winning novel on hold*

KTC
09-16-2009, 10:11 PM
Thanks all...for the support, the suggestions AND the zaniness.

blacbird
09-16-2009, 10:12 PM
I am getting all sorts of kudos on this damn manuscript. And yet it CANNOT find a home. It makes me want to give up writing. So much of me doesn't care about being published. But with this manuscript in particular, I've been told--even by publishers--that it's publication worthy. And yet...nothing.

HOW DOES ONE GET FROM ALMOST GOOD ENOUGH TO THERE. Point A to Point B. The gap is so close, yet SO far away

I know there must be others dealing with this kind of thing.

Welcome to my planet. I've been through this so consistently that I've come to the opinion that there is no "ALMOST". At one time those kinds of messages were encouraging. A big ever-growing pile of them eventually got to be anything but encouraging. Mine include also two or three true horror-stories, like the big NY agent who lost his positive request to my query and partial on his assistant's desk for eighteen months, and then never responded to the full manuscript he ultimately did request. Oh, yeah, and got a big nice profile story on him published during that time with one of the major writer's magazines.

I'm now in a serious what's-the-use mode when it comes to submissions of anything anywhere.

caw

KTC
09-16-2009, 10:21 PM
oh god. i foresee a bleak future if i'm walking the same line as the bird.

tweet tweet.

maestrowork
09-16-2009, 10:23 PM
oh god. i foresee a bleak future if i'm walking the same line as the bird.

tweet tweet.

Write something about teenage vampires in school that sparkles.

KTC
09-16-2009, 10:37 PM
If you want to quit, Kevin, there's nothing any of us can do about it. If you have to quit for a time then quit. But come back to it. Because if you don't, you'll lose a part of yourself that is so vital to your happiness and we will suffer greatly at losing your work.

not quitting. just having a suck ass day.

Cassiopeia
09-16-2009, 10:38 PM
not quitting. just having a suck ass day.well there you go. just a hiccup. enjoy it! you never know what will come out of it. :)

scarletpeaches
09-16-2009, 10:39 PM
I do not recommend sucking ass if you're having a bad day.

quickWit
09-16-2009, 10:41 PM
I do not recommend sucking ass if you're having a bad day.

So you only recommend it on a good day?

You English are sooooooore peculiar. (That's American for 'strange')

:D

KTC
09-16-2009, 10:51 PM
Okay, I don't know anything about these things, but how does an unpublished manuscript win a "Best Novel" award?

It was for a novel event. The manuscript went to a panel of six industry judges that ranged from bookstore owner to acquisitions editor to agent to publisher, etc. It was picked unanimously as the winning novel out of 30-40 manuscripts...not sure the exact total. At any rate, they were blind judged...with feedback from all judges. It won an award, but publication was not part of the deal. Part of the deal was that it was sent to a prestigious publisher. That was its first rejection of the ones I mentioned.

ChaosTitan
09-16-2009, 10:57 PM

But I want to write about a school that sparkles!

*hides*

Smish
09-16-2009, 11:00 PM
Take the day off and treat yourself to something nice. You've earned a free-day.

Hang in there.

blacbird
09-16-2009, 11:37 PM
You English are sooooooore peculiar.

You now be in BIIIIIIIIIIIIIIG trouble, calling McPeaches "English". Trust me on this one.

caw

maestrowork
09-16-2009, 11:46 PM
You now be in BIIIIIIIIIIIIIIG trouble, calling McPeaches "English". Trust me on this one.

caw

Try calling her an English muffin...

the addster
09-16-2009, 11:53 PM
It was for a novel event. The manuscript went to a panel of six industry judges that ranged from bookstore owner to acquisitions editor to agent to publisher, etc. It was picked unanimously as the winning novel out of 30-40 manuscripts...not sure the exact total. At any rate, they were blind judged...with feedback from all judges. It won an award, but publication was not part of the deal. Part of the deal was that it was sent to a prestigious publisher. That was its first rejection of the ones I mentioned.

Oh suck. That's just brutal.

You are definitely the smartest kid in the dumb class. Can I be your toadie?

benbradley
09-17-2009, 12:10 AM
Now I'm hearing a song that goes "Teenage vampire. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x2KRpRMSu4g)"

blacbird
09-17-2009, 12:27 AM
Hang in there.

The noose is nearly finished.

caw

KTC
09-17-2009, 12:29 AM
The noose is nearly finished.

caw

your negativity is a pestilence. i have bird spray and i'm not afraid to use it.

quickWit
09-17-2009, 12:31 AM

caw

I only do it to irritate her. I know she's Irish.

:D

maestrowork
09-17-2009, 12:32 AM
i'm itchy.

Maryn
09-17-2009, 12:36 AM
So's my trigger finger. Don't piss me off.

Tallent
09-17-2009, 12:50 AM
NEVER call An Irish lass English!!!! You can say "Goddamn Irish". But never call them English.

Kevin, try some Jamersons. Maybe, a fifth.

(Disclaimer: London born Irishman.)

scarletpeaches
09-17-2009, 12:51 AM
If you were born in London, you're English.

blacbird
09-17-2009, 12:51 AM
your negativity is a pestilence. i have bird spray and i'm not afraid to use it.

It was gallows humor.

caw

Tallent
09-17-2009, 12:52 AM
If you were born in London, you're English.

Come here and say that to my face!

scarletpeaches
09-17-2009, 12:53 AM
I'm the Doom Penguin. I fear no one.

KTC
09-17-2009, 12:54 AM
It was gallows humor.

caw

sorry. i'm just now getting the hang of that type of humour.

scarletpeaches
09-17-2009, 12:55 AM
I'm not in the loop here.

KTC
09-17-2009, 12:57 AM
I'm not in the loop here.

you don't exactly move at breakneck speed, do you?

Tallent
09-17-2009, 12:57 AM
But, she's always sticking her neck out.

scarletpeaches
09-17-2009, 12:58 AM
Not when I'm hanging around, no.

KTC
09-17-2009, 12:59 AM
Not when I'm hanging around, no.

do you ever feel like you've had your feet kicked right out from under you?

scarletpeaches
09-17-2009, 01:02 AM
What do you mean? Come on man, don't leave me dangling!

blacbird
09-17-2009, 01:30 AM
I apologize to all of AW for diverting this thread in such an unsupportable manner.

caw

scarletpeaches
09-17-2009, 01:31 AM
That's a finely-executed apology, blaccy.

McCaw

Tallent
09-17-2009, 01:46 AM
"Finely"? Dead dropped right into a tom swifty

aruna
09-17-2009, 11:01 AM
Kevin,
I know just how you feel. I personally have had a lightbulb moment, and it told me to just stop it. There's no room for writing in my life any more.

scarletpeaches
09-17-2009, 03:11 PM
Sharon, if you are sincere that is so sad. I'll just have to read your published books again and again, then. :(

Wayne K
09-17-2009, 03:17 PM
Kevin,
I know just how you feel. I personally have had a lightbulb moment, and it told me to just stop it. There's no room for writing in my life any more.
I had the exact same moment last night, so I got drunk and smashed light bulbs till midnight.

It hasn't been back.

AshElizabeth
09-17-2009, 03:18 PM

I'm quite at the end of my tether.

A month or so ago I began a thread here about my intentions of 'trunking' a few of my finished manuscripts.

The thing is...one of them was still in the hands of a publisher. It was its last kick at the can. IF it came back rejected I was going to 'trunk' it with the others.

The history of this manuscript:
1. 2007 - Won a best novel award
2. 2007 - Rejected by a publisher who really liked it...just not enough to allot it one of its few title spaces.
3. 2008-2009 With another publisher, I was told that it was being considered on their short list. 3 months later they asked me if it was still available for them. 1 month later, they said they would contact me soon with their final decision. It was on their short short list. Then NOTHING.
4. 2009 - A third publisher tells me they REALLY like it...but that they are unsure of the age appropriateness of the voice. They are still considering it.

I really had resolved to 'trunk' this one. It was figuratively in the trunk...just awaiting the return from the final consideration it's under. Now...I wonder. If it's almost there, is there a way to bring it THERE.

Kevin, frustrated and wondering what to do to give that extra little bit that this manuscript obviously needs. (I know there must be others dealing with this kind of thing. We can commiserate together)
Tell me about it! Rejection is hard! I had a full manuscript request and then when it came to calling and she found out I was only eighteen with no "marketing expertise" it was adios!

Wayne K
09-17-2009, 03:27 PM
I had requests from two of the top agencies in New York around the new year. The first rejected me a few months ago, the other last night. I prefer to see the glass as half full today. I had two great agents interest, that's big considering.

I'm not usually a 'glass half full' guy. I like to cry with a loaf of bread under each arm as much as the next guy. But with writing I look for what's good, and killl the crap that's dragging my WIP down.

It's 7:30 am here, and I have 1200 words written already.

Keep at it, and it will happen Kevin. I don't flatter people, I'm not good at it. I've read your work and I love your mind. FWIW, I believe in you.

aruna
09-17-2009, 03:35 PM
Sharon, if you are sincere that is so sad. I'll just have to read your published books again and again, then. :(

I am quite sincere, Scarlet. I am facing some very serious issues in life right now which makes even my habitual 4 - 7 am writing impossible. One day when all this is over I might write a memoir or something but that is as far as it goes.

It's not even a glas-half-empty feeling - it's more a question of being grateful for what has been, a moment in the sun, and recognising that that was most probably it.

Mind you, if the occasion arises I might tout the one or the other trunk mss. I have three and a half of them.
Only this morning I had another go; I was presumptious enough to query a Simon and Schuster editor I met recently at a book launch, for one of my old trunk novels.

I do expect a no, though, and I won't be disappointed.

aadams73
09-17-2009, 03:41 PM
It's not even a glas-half-empty feeling - it's more a question of being grateful for what has been, a moment in the sun, and recognising that that was most probably it.

Mind you, if the occasion arises I might tout the one or the other trunk ms. I have three and a half of them.
Only this morning I had another go; I was presumptious enough to query a Simon and Schuster editor I met recently at a book launch, for one of my old trunk novels.

I do expect a no, though, and I won't be disappointed.

What a shame; your writing is exquisite. But at the same time, I respect and admire your self-realization. We all have many facets, of which writing is merely one.

swvaughn
09-17-2009, 04:03 PM
this thread makes baby jesus cry

aruna
09-17-2009, 04:07 PM
this thread makes baby jesus cry

:cry:

brokenfingers
09-17-2009, 04:34 PM
Kevin, I haven't read through the whole thread yet, but, to be honest, I don't think it's your writing at all.

It's just the story. And it isn't that the story is bad, it's just that the people looking to make money on it aren't sure they'll be able to make enough to make it worth their while. Especially in this current climate where everyone's become even more conservative and wants more of whatever made them money last year.

I recommend trying to block it out of your mind (I know it's harder than it sounds) and moving on to something else. I'm sure, with your skill and talent, if you wanted to, you could write something more 'marketable', but your desire lies in stories from your heart - not in grist or in what will make a publisher the most money. And that's beautiful.

Become involved in another story for now. Who knows, in a couple of years, this one might finally find a House not so frightened to go against the tallymarkers who rule the Houses these days.

And then you'll have a funny story to share at parties and on TV interviews. :D

KTC
09-18-2009, 12:38 AM
Aruna---I'm sad for you and your need to turn your back on your writing. I hope whatever it is in your life that is causing this gives you relief soon. For me, writing is such an elixir. It's like medication at times. Best of luck to you!

BF---thanks so much for such a thoughtful post. I really appreciate it.

aadams73
09-18-2009, 12:52 AM
Perhaps--while your novel is amazing--this just means that it's not right, for whatever reason, as a first novel. It may be the perfect second novel and could well wind up being the one that puts you on the literary map.

KTC
09-18-2009, 01:05 AM
That would be nice. (-;

I've been mulling over this manuscript. I've had positive feedback from some 20-30 people now. Of those---there may have been a good 6 or 7 who have said the same thing. The two publishers who 'almost' accepted it among them.

The voice seems a bit too old for the main character.

I can't wrap my head around this criticism. I've always had an 'old' voice myself. I come from that personal mindset and it clouds my judgment.

It's first person and it's the adult version of the character telling the story...but those who made the comment that the voice is too old seem to think it's written from the character's child perspective. The story takes place in the 70s...but the character telling the story is living today. From that perspective, he's telling it in his adult voice. But it's not getting through. I think I've slipped back so much, that it appears that the child is telling the story.

I've been considering writing in another twist to this story...in fact I've already played around with versions of this twist...where it begins in present day with an inciting scene where the character's younger brother is in need of his help...I would bookend this storyline around the current manuscript...the brother needs saving----the story from the past is told---and in the end, the present day brother is saved.

I've tried to work this storyline in before...but didn't quite get it done.

I don't know...I'm just thinking with my fingers and my keyboard here.

Thanks.
K

dgrintalis
09-18-2009, 01:37 AM
Kevin, is there a way to make it very clear that the adult is telling the story, instead of the child? Maybe that's the problem, instead of the voice itself.

Just trying to help you brainstorm. Feel free to tell me to piss off. :)

KTC
09-18-2009, 01:43 AM
That is my problem, exactly, I suppose. To me, it's clear. but to some of my readers, not so much. clarity is important. i don't have clarity.

maestrowork
09-18-2009, 01:55 AM
Add a prologue or something... kind of like in Stand by Me, like we KNOW it's the adult telling a story about his childhood...

KTC
09-18-2009, 02:11 AM
Add a prologue or something... kind of like in Stand by Me, like we KNOW it's the adult telling a story about his childhood...

exactly. that's kind of what i was picturing.

quickWit
09-18-2009, 05:03 PM
That is my problem, exactly, I suppose. To me, it's clear. but to some of my readers, not so much. clarity is important. i don't have clarity.

What do you mean?

:snoopy:

sommemi
09-18-2009, 05:28 PM
exactly. that's kind of what i was picturing.

Well now, see? That's where we come in... don't ya love this place?

It seems as though you already have a little epiphany to work on there and maybe that will be good enough distraction for you to have whilst people look at your book and determine if it fits in their publication schedule. Sometimes all it takes is a little epiphany moment... It sounds like you have an awesome book, if you have had so much good feedback on it, and maybe the story itself is fine. The voice itself just needs some clarification in spots. Any chance you could ask a beta reader to check it out and just highlight specific spots where they feel the voice needs 'adjusting'? It might help you understand more about how others are reading it, as opposed to how you intended it when you wrote it. Sometimes the same sentence can be interpreted two completely different ways depending on how someone read it... or how someone pictures the context in their head. Ya know?

CaroGirl
09-18-2009, 06:47 PM
In your post, when you started to outline the problem, my first thought was to frame it with present-day scenes. I really think that would work well for your story.

Don't give up on it yet!

maestrowork
09-18-2009, 07:08 PM
In your post, when you started to outline the problem, my first thought was to frame it with present-day scenes. I really think that would work well for your story.

Don't give up on it yet!

A frame would work better if there's something going on in the present day... otherwise, it would feel tagged on, IMO -- a distraction from the main story.

CaroGirl
09-18-2009, 07:13 PM
A frame would work better if there's something going on in the present day... otherwise, it would feel tagged on, IMO -- a distraction from the main story.
Yes. If it ties in to a new twist in the story, I think it could work really well.

KTC
09-18-2009, 07:35 PM
Thanks all.

UPDATE: This morning I received the best rejection I have ever received from the 2008-2009 publisher in my original post. I assumed they were just not getting back to me. The woman I was in contact with told me it was her first choice for next year's titles...but that the committee wanted to go in another direction. She invited me to send her something else...and if it's anything like this one, she will fight for it. I feel way better. This is a small press...but one I truly admire. I want to be published by them.

Why am I so passionate about everything? Argh.

Anyway...the idea I have for a bookend storyline would fit, in my opinion, perfectly with the story...I don't think it would appear as a tack on...it's just a matter of writing it now. The 'POET' would have to die...I think it would make a better story.

Thanks all.

maestrowork
09-18-2009, 07:40 PM
Great, KTC... sometimes you have to sacrifice something to gain something far better.

I am thinking of doing that with my WIP, too -- thus changing the opening. Thinking of a frame (but not quite -- the last part of the book would tie back to the opening "frame" leading to the conclusion).

aruna
09-18-2009, 07:58 PM
That's great news, Kevin. It's not over for you by a long, long shot. In fact, you're just beginning! Sending good thougts your way...