Status
Not open for further replies.

DrZoidberg

aka TomOfSweden
Registered
Reaction score
Website
tomknox.se
I'm editing my newest novel now and I notice that I'm reusing the same phrases and words over and over. This is something I want to avoid as far as possible.

Is there a tool out there which analyses a text and lists the most common words and phrases. It must be such a stupidly simple program to make that I refuse to believe that it hasn't been done already. I wouldn't be surprised if it's a function that can be found in word itself, only that I can't find it.

Does anybody know about such a program or know how I can do it in word?

thanks

RJK

Sheriff Bullwinkle the Poet says:
Registered
Reaction score
If you already recognize the phrases, just do a global search and highlight (available in MS Word and most other full function word processors). This will give you the number of instances the phrase appears and highlight them.

If you want to find repeated words and phrases that you haven't recognized, there is a subscription service I use where this is one of the features. It will identify repeated words and phrases, and highlighting them for you. It is up to you, what you wish to do with them. The program/service is called Autocrit .

DrZoidberg

aka TomOfSweden
Registered
Reaction score
Website
tomknox.se
If you want to find repeated words and phrases that you haven't recognized, there is a subscription service I use where this is one of the features. It will identify repeated words and phrases, and highlighting them for you. It is up to you, what you wish to do with them. The program/service is called Autocrit .

Looks really useful. Thanks

RJK

Sheriff Bullwinkle the Poet says:
Registered
Reaction score
Dawnstorm - I went through the Users manual. Looks interesting, but I'm already subscribed to Autocrit.

Status
Not open for further replies.