Same Dream Two Weeks in a Row. Pagan Symbolism?

Bartholomew

Comic guy
Kind Benefactor
Poetry Book Collaborator
Registered
Reaction score
I've been at my new dorms for about two weeks. The first night, I had a dream about a green knight standing on top of one of the lecture halls with a bow. He drew back an arrow, which immediately caught fire, and then shot it toward the sky. I never see where it lands in the dream--but I watch him fire many of the flaming arrows.

The dream never changes, and I've had it every night since I moved here.

I've heard of a green knight referenced in Wiccan poetry and songs before, and I was wondering if the image of a green knight with a bow and fiery arrows carried any special significance in the pagan community -- or if my brain is just playing reruns over and over.

Cath

The mean one
Registered
Reaction score
Website
blog.cathsmith.net
When it comes to dreams, I think it's most important to look at what they symbols mean to you. Where might you have come across it before? However, in Sir Gawain and the Green Knight, the green knight is believed to represent the green man of pagan origin. You might want to check out green man legends as well.

Repeating dreams often do mean something - definitely worth reading up on it.

Last edited:

StephanieFox

Maybull the Bulldog
Registered
Reaction score
When your are figuring out what a dream means to you personally, keep in mind a couple of things;

1) What's going on in your life right now,
2) What things of signifigance has gone on in your life in the past
3) Your emotional reaction to the dream (fear, contentment, peace, excitement, trepidation?)

You should start to write down these dreams. It's probablyn a good idea to keep a dream journal. This will allow you to go back to a dream to better understand it in the future or to compare dreams and to identify patterns.

Remember that it's your unconscious mind that is creating the dream and many times, it's an attempt by the unconscious to talk to the conscious mind.

Also a question: What is the subject of the class in the dream?

Sean D. Schaffer

Registered
Reaction score
And to add to something StephanieFox said above, writing a dream journal will many times jog your memories back to life more vividly than you already remember them. For example, if you only remember a snippet of the dream, write that snippet down. In the process of writing that little detail down, more of the dream will come back to your memory.

So I would second the idea of the dream journal. You might remember more of your recurring dream than you do now.

Blessed Be.