PDA

View Full Version : Would truly appreciate a mentor's guidence

ANNIE
07-07-2005, 10:11 PM
I have been here since June and hve learned so much justy by reading posts. People have been incredibly gracious and unbelievably willing to share thier knowlegde.

I have one completed MS that has been proffesionally edited, although I wonder if he did a competent job or if I got suckered. The MS is fiction that includes time travel adventure and a love story at its heart. I really love these characters and want to do them justice. I tend to tell more than show and need some help in that area.

Basically I'm tired of my husband absently nodding his head when I read it to him and saying "Yeah honey, it's great."

Honest feedback, ctiticism, (praise?) apprietiated. No handholding required. I am a sponge ta wants to soak up everything you could teach me.

If interested you could see a piece of my work in the writing novels thread under DIFFICULTY WRITING LOVE SCENES. I'm sorry I don't know how to provide a link.

Annie

katiemac
07-07-2005, 10:18 PM
Hi Annie!

I'm familiar with the thread you started on the Novels forum, so I wanted to give everyone else a heads up and post it for you.

Annie's Thread - Difficulty Writing Love Scenes (http://absolutewrite.com/forums/showthread.php?t=15351)

Good luck!

donnai
07-10-2005, 04:31 AM
hi annie:
your husband reads your writing? mine keeps asking to read it, but i won't let him - i feel it lacks the elements he considers essential: cigars, motorcycles and high powered rifles!
anyway, i told him once i have someone critique it and they tell me it's not terrible, he can read it.............
good luck with your writing:Thumbs:
donna
suffolk, va