• Read this stickie before posting.

• In order to reduce the number of new members requesting a Beta reader before they're really ready for one, we've instituted a 50 post requirement before you can start a thread seeking a Beta reader.
    • You can still volunteer to Beta for someone else; just please don't request someone to Beta for you until you're more familiar with the community and our members.

Would truly appreciate a mentor's guidence

Status
Not open for further replies.

ANNIE

Registered
Reaction score
I have been here since June and hve learned so much justy by reading posts. People have been incredibly gracious and unbelievably willing to share thier knowlegde.

I have one completed MS that has been proffesionally edited, although I wonder if he did a competent job or if I got suckered. The MS is fiction that includes time travel adventure and a love story at its heart. I really love these characters and want to do them justice. I tend to tell more than show and need some help in that area.

Basically I'm tired of my husband absently nodding his head when I read it to him and saying "Yeah honey, it's great."

Honest feedback, ctiticism, (praise?) apprietiated. No handholding required. I am a sponge ta wants to soak up everything you could teach me.

If interested you could see a piece of my work in the writing novels thread under DIFFICULTY WRITING LOVE SCENES. I'm sorry I don't know how to provide a link.

Annie

katiemac

Five by Five
Registered
Reaction score
Hi Annie!

I'm familiar with the thread you started on the Novels forum, so I wanted to give everyone else a heads up and post it for you.

Annie's Thread - Difficulty Writing Love Scenes

Good luck!

donnai

Registered
Reaction score
hi

hi annie:
your husband reads your writing? mine keeps asking to read it, but i won't let him - i feel it lacks the elements he considers essential: cigars, motorcycles and high powered rifles!
anyway, i told him once i have someone critique it and they tell me it's not terrible, he can read it.............
good luck with your writing:Thumbs:
donna
suffolk, va

Status
Not open for further replies.