Internet Stalker??? Unbelievable

Cassiopeia

Otherwise Occupied
Registered
Reaction score
Star to the right and straight on till morning.
I'd probably be terrified right now if I wasn't so unbelievably pissed off. I have a stalker. He's emailed me on my gmail account. He knows my old phone number, he knew what state I live in, he even knows the meal replacer shake I use.

I'm so angry. And stupid fscking me, I emailed him back to say how did you get this info about me, forgetting that I have my cell number and business name on the damn signature. HOW FREAKING STUPID can I be.

Now, tomorrow, I have to change my cell number. I've had this number for 7 years and trust me, I'm kinda attached to it cos I can freaking remember it!

I'm so stupid. Geeez...

alleycat

Still around
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Is your signature (phone number) automatically put on an e-mail reply?

Cassiopeia

Otherwise Occupied
Registered
Reaction score
Is your signature (phone number) automatically put on an e-mail reply?
yes damn it, I just removed it now afterward. *bangs head on desk*. I usually put my cell number there because it's an account I use for business.

This person knows I have a jewelry site, and the thing is, the things this "John Hensley" knew were too specific. My business site, a number I've never listed anywhere. I never give out my personal home line and I got rid of it months ago. No use having it when I always use my cell. He knew the state I live in and the shake I drink by Isagenix.

I can't remember if that old number was unlisted or not. I usually don't list them and he called me Cassiopeia's ...it was as if it's a bot.

alleycat

Still around
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I was just asking because a lot of people don't include a signature on replies, just on new messages.

Mumut

Well begun is half done...
Registered
Reaction score
That's dreadful. I hope all goes well for you. I can see why the stocks and pillary were so popular as forms of punishment. the victim could go and personally take out their anger on the creep.

nitaworm

AW Addict
Registered
Reaction score
You know on FB you can change your profile to not be searchable? I am sorry this is happened to you, but trust me - an online stalker is much better to deal with than a real one. Don't beat yourself up on it either, we all have a 'duh' moment.

benbradley

It's a doggy dog world
Registered
Reaction score
I came here from the other thread, but I just wanted to say:
I've figured this out. Either Isagenix sold them my info or they've been hacked. This makes me so mad, I think I'd rather have a stalker.
This sounds like spam (specifically targeted, but still). Assuming Isagenix is a company you no longer want to deal with, you can report it to that company's webhost/Internet provider. Either way, having customers' info not secured is a Bad Thing.

Cassiopeia

Otherwise Occupied
Registered
Reaction score
I came here from the other thread, but I just wanted to say:

This sounds like spam (specifically targeted, but still). Assuming Isagenix is a company you no longer want to deal with, you can report it to that company's webhost/Internet provider. Either way, having customers' info not secured is a Bad Thing.
From the conversation I had today with their customer service department, they allow people to view our webpages, which until last night I didn't know they'd designed for me and uploaded with my business name, phone number, (the old one) and email address. From the phone number they used the area code to figure out the state in which I reside. I threw a hissy fit. Isagenix is the company that manufactures the meal replacer drink I have in the mornings. I love it. I'm not much of a breakfast person so it gives me vitamins, herbs and minerals, and a balance of carbs and protiens to make my day start off better. So I have taken off much of the information on that page.

Snowstorm

Baby plot bunneh sniffs out a clue
Registered
Reaction score
Can you block his telephone number on your cell phone? If you can, that should render your number useless to him--on the phone that he calls you on that is--that might be a way to keep your phone number.

I'm so sorry Cassiopeia.

backslashbaby

~~~~*~~~~
Registered
Reaction score
These things make me so angry! Because of IRL stalkers, I really prefer not to have my personal info out there anywhere. It's too easy for folks to know where you live, especially.

--- backslashbaby, who may or may not give you her real name, EVAR! ;)