Stung by First Wasp

Bartholomew

Comic guy
Kind Benefactor
Poetry Book Collaborator
Registered
Reaction score
He was hiding in the elevator lobby in my dorm. He took off like a harrier, Bee lined for my neck, and then stabbed me with his harpoon six or seven times.

On the up-side, I'm not allergic.

alleycat

Still around
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
If you have any baking soda, make a paste out of it and apply it to the sting areas.

backslashbaby

~~~~*~~~~
Registered
Reaction score
LMAO to see this under special occassions :D

Do the baking soda, really.

Those things really hurt! Sorry!

cray

Superior Life form
Registered
Reaction score
bart ~~ thank you for starting this thread. thank you. i've been torn about starting a thread here other than a bday thread for weeks and now you've broken down the walls for me.

cray

p.s. congrats on the wasp sting!

Ambrosia

Grand Duchess
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
suck the poison out first.
Silly battery. That is what the baking soda does.

I feel funny saying congratulations on the wasp sting. Perhaps congratulations on a new experience? It still seems so wrong... :Shrug:

Bartholomew

Comic guy
Kind Benefactor
Poetry Book Collaborator
Registered
Reaction score
Silly battery. That is what the baking soda does.

I feel funny saying congratulations on the wasp sting. Perhaps congratulations on a new experience? It still seems so wrong... :Shrug:

It gave me some interesting images to play with. I'm writing scenes in a novel right now where the antagonist and protagonist fight very large arachnids. I know wasps are technically insects, but watching how it behaved in a combat situation gave me some good ideas. I kind of wish I'd had a camcorder, but I know I would have ended up using it as a club.

Vinegar. Really. Takes the pain away straight away.

suck the poison out first.

The stings cleared up real well. Apparently, I have Chuck Norris-esque anti-bodies.

bart ~~ thank you for starting this thread. thank you. i've been torn about starting a thread here other than a bday thread for weeks and now you've broken down the walls for me.

cray

p.s. congrats on the wasp sting!

May your non-birthday related threads reach 90000 posts!

And thanks :)

Angie

Shaddup and lemme think.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.tranquiligeek.com
Um, congratulations? ;)

I tried. Repeatedly. It really didn't like me.

When I was a kid, I happened to be in the park when a group of other kids were trying to get to a bird's nest in the picnic shelter. It turned out that some wasps had decided an abandoned bird's nest was a perfect place to move in, so when the girl with the broom handle knocked down the nest, all heck broke loose, in the form of a half dozen seriously pissed off wasps. The kids scattered; I was far enough away to be able to sit and watch. The wasps, every one, went after the girl with the broom handle, even though she was a fast runner and passed several other kids who would have been easier targets. It was like the wasps knew who had invaded their home. She got stung three times. Nobody else was touched.

It's been my opinion ever since that a) wasps are terrifyingly single-minded and pretty damn intelligent for insects, or b) wasps are evil alien invaders bent on taking over our planet.

I'm still leaning towards b. ;)

DWSTXS

Mr Mojo Risin...
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.pbase.com
When I was about 11 years old, I was in the front yard mowing, as it was my turn for that duty. This was a scorching hot day,as only Texas summer days can be,, and I stopped for a break. . .walked over to the flower bed next to the house, and was planning on grabbing the water hose and getting a drink before finishing.

The water hose was coiled in among the bushes next to the house. I reached down, grabbed the coiled hose, and apparently disturbed a nest of HORNETS.

As I ran away, arms flailing, screaming like a little girl, the hornets were attacking me in formation, stinging hard, and deep. They were attacking me from behind, and when I say behind, I mean they were stinging my ASS...and they were getting good penetration, as far UP and inside my shorts as they could, and I mean they were getting into deep territory.

To say that I was terrorized was a given. It hurt, and it hurt a LOT, but to this day I don't know what was worse, the pain from the stings, or the humiliation as my parents had to take down my shorts (on the back porch) in front of my brother and our friends, to try and pull out the stingers and assess the damage.

and to think that, up until that day, my favorite TV show was not Batman, but the Green Hornet!

backslashbaby

~~~~*~~~~
Registered
Reaction score
I mowed near a yellowjacket nest underground. No problem; I was about 200' away when I saw the angry leader.

That "beeline" is actually quite terrifying when they're really coming for you! And they did, straight as an arrow those hundreds of feet to my left ear. Multiple stings from multiple determined yellowjackets.

Very odd and mean little creatures :rant:

dgrintalis

'Tis true, she is a monstergirl
Registered
Reaction score
Betwixt a nightmare and a veil of shadowy dark
A few years ago, I took out the trash and on my way back in, disturbed a wasp sitting on top of my backyard gate. I pissed him off enough to make him chase me back into the house. Luckily, he only stung me once. I run fast. :D

So, um, congratulations on your stings? That just sounds so wrong...

Selah March

Registered
Reaction score
About a dozen years ago, I made the mistake of walking on an old, rotted, wooden railroad tie that harbored a hornets' nest. I took forty-seven stings to my thighs and calves. I was wearing a skirt at the time and couldn't get that sucker off my body fast enough, which was apparently very amusing to watch.

My legs blew up like balloons and I ended up in the ER. I'd never been stung by anything before, but I've been allergic ever since. I still have nightmares.

Hold me.

lauraannwilliams

Registered
Reaction score
I've only been stung twice - both times, strangely enough, the thing had crawled into my coat pocket and I got stung when I put my hand in.

Buzzing things flying around me still make me go eek! but at least no further bites.

Gratz on surviving the bite so easily :)

som1luvsmi

My brother loves me thiiis much! :)
Registered
Reaction score
About a block away from the nuthouse...they've sta
Website
randomlyabstract.blogspot.com
He was hiding in the elevator lobby in my dorm. He took off like a harrier, Bee lined for my neck, and then stabbed me with his harpoon six or seven times.

I'm sorry, but wouldn't he have Wasp lined?

Congrats on your repeated skewering. :)

Chumplet

This hat is getting too hot
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.chumpletwrites.blogspot.com
I was bitten a couple of times and it felt like a cigarette burn (if I knew what a cigarette burn felt like). I always thought wasps and hornets bit, and bees stung. I also didn't know one could be allergic to wasps and hornets. I thought that was only restricted to bees.

One was in a flower I picked when I was a kid (got me in the pinky) and another bit my leg. It was hiding in a pile of laundry.

There's a nest inside my basement wall and I can't spray it, so I set out a couple of plastic bottles half filled with red fruit juice and laced with dish soap. The little buggers crawl in, attracted by the sweet smell and get trapped. I've killed a few dozen that way. Bwahahahaha!

Bartholomew

Comic guy
Kind Benefactor
Poetry Book Collaborator
Registered
Reaction score
I love the collection of dirt-dabber stories so far. Its fascinating to me that we all share such a common experience--though most of you had it a heck of a lot worse than I did. Butt-stings must be awful.

KTC

Stand in the Place Where You Live
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
ktcraig.com

Stung by First Wasp

I do believe you meant that you received your first wasp sting. I find it highly unlikely that the first wasp ever in existence is still around today. And if he is, he's surely in a geriatric ward somewhere...fully incapable of inflicting a sting.

Congratulations!

I am still a wasp/bee/hornet, etc sting virgin. I'm sure I'll drop dead with my first sting.

Bartholomew

Comic guy
Kind Benefactor
Poetry Book Collaborator
Registered
Reaction score
I do believe you meant that you received your first wasp sting. I find it highly unlikely that the first wasp ever in existence is still around today. And if he is, he's surely in a geriatric ward somewhere...fully incapable of inflicting a sting.

Congratulations!

I am still a wasp/bee/hornet, etc sting virgin. I'm sure I'll drop dead with my first sting.

I was actually referring to the presidential wasp.

And you're not allowed to drop dead. Assuming you're not allergic, it isn't that bad.

KTC

Stand in the Place Where You Live
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
ktcraig.com
Damn! I always thought dropping dead would be SO dramatic. Right up my alley. Oh well.

Bartholomew

Comic guy
Kind Benefactor
Poetry Book Collaborator
Registered
Reaction score
Damn! I always thought dropping dead would be SO dramatic. Right up my alley. Oh well.

Again, if you're allergic to dropping dead, it'd probably suck.

I suspect such allergies are the true cause behind spontaneous combustion.

It's too early for me to produce coherent sentences. Sh'up.