PDA

View Full Version : MONDAY Night (Sep 14) outage (Because Mac screwed up)

AW Admin
09-14-2009, 04:09 AM
In a little under an hour, we're going to shut the board down for a bit of under-the-skin plastic surgery.

9pm EST, 6 PM PST.

We'll twitter at @absoutewrite on Twitter.com (www.twitter.com/Absolutewrite), and Written in Stone is available (http://www.macallisterstone.com/forums/), too.

spamwarrior
09-14-2009, 04:12 AM
NOOOOOOOOooooooooo

Btw it should be www.twitter.com/Absolutewrite

AW Admin
09-14-2009, 04:13 AM
NOOOOOOOOooooooooo

Btw it should be www.twitter.com/Absolutewrite

Heh.

I was just now going to check the format, thanks!

Stlight
09-14-2009, 04:15 AM
And be gone on Monday too????

AW Admin
09-14-2009, 04:20 AM
And be gone on Monday too????

Nope. It seems unfair to do it on Monday, too.

I'll squeeze in some stuff tonight if I can.

This shutdown is so shawkins can make some pretty helpful changes.

alleycat
09-14-2009, 04:22 AM
I'm going over to (N)WiS and getting the best seat before all the good ones are taken!

tjwriter
09-14-2009, 04:27 AM
Don't forget that it's Flash Fiction Challenge Night in the chat, too! You can hop on over and give yourself 90 minutes to write from a prompt.

CACTUSWENDY
09-14-2009, 04:27 AM
Boy, I'm glad I came by here and found this out. I would have gone nuts if I tried later....

Happy withdrawals all.... :badthoughts

Alan Yee
09-14-2009, 04:30 AM
OMG the sky is falling! Ahhhhhh! *runs amok*

Ahem. Good thing I saw this notice in time.

Alan Yee
09-14-2009, 04:31 AM
Don't forget that it's Flash Fiction Challenge Night in the chat, too! You can hop on over and give yourself 90 minutes to write from a prompt.

How will people find out the prompt when the board is scheduled to go down at the same time the prompt is scheduled to be posted?

bettielee
09-14-2009, 04:35 AM
Thank goodness... I keep getting lured back here and I am editing... aaahhggg!

Not that I don't misses you...

tjwriter
09-14-2009, 04:40 AM
How will people find out the prompt when the board is scheduled to go down at the same time the prompt is scheduled to be posted?

You send a private message in chat to one of the operators to get the prompt. You can do that any Sunday night.

Wayne K
I'll miss you all.

Medievalist

tjwriter, feel free to go post a thread about the Chat on Written in Stone, and I'll use the information to put up a notice there.

robeiae
09-14-2009, 04:41 AM
I forbid it.

/discussion

Regan Leigh
09-14-2009, 04:43 AM

Hm, where can I read more about these challenges? :) *Now that I've learned what Flash Fiction is all about. Yep, I'm new. :P *

tjwriter
09-14-2009, 04:46 AM
tjwriter, feel free to go post a thread about the Chat on Written in Stone, and I'll use the information to put up a notice there.

*Wonders whether she's even registered over there yet.* Challenge starts in 15 minutes.

Hm, where can I read more about these challenges? :) *Now that I've learned what Flash Fiction is all about. Yep, I'm new. :P *

Just show up in the chat (there's a link at the top of the page) and every Sunday a prompt is given at 8:00 central. You have 90 minutes to write and polish a story. Normally we post them right away, but in this case, it will wait until the boards are back up.

alleycat
09-14-2009, 04:52 AM
I forbid it.

/discussion
There wouldn't be enough time to hijack the thread into a discussion of using profanities on the board, Dan Brown's new book, and whether American is becoming a Marxist state.

robeiae
09-14-2009, 04:56 AM
There wouldn't be enough time to hijack the thread into a discussion of using profanities on the board, Dan Brown's new book, and whether American is becoming a Marxist state.
We'll just see about that...

You know what Dan Brown's problem is? He's alw

Silver King
09-14-2009, 05:02 AM
It's going on 9:02, and we're still alive...

MacAllister
09-14-2009, 05:41 AM
Yeah - Pthom pointed out that the Flash Fiction folks do their thing every Sunday night, and Scott rescheduled the overhaul for tomorrow night, but I missed the note in mod. So this thread is now, officially, for an outtage TOMORROW night, because Scott and I crossed wires a bit.

Sorry about that folks. On the other hand, at least this way you have more notice?

KellyAssauer
09-14-2009, 05:44 AM
In a little under an hour, we're going to shut the board down for a bit of under-the-skin plastic surgery.

9pm EST, 6 PM PST.

We'll twitter at @absoutewrite on Twitter.com (http://www.twitter.com/Absolutewrite), and Written in Stone is available (http://www.macallisterstone.com/forums/), too.

Can't tell ya how timely that was... Srlsy.

MacAllister
09-14-2009, 05:45 AM
No worries. This is entirely my screw up, folks - so save any ire for me, okay? Again, I'm sorry.

KellyAssauer
09-14-2009, 05:49 AM
I don't think I have any ire,
I mean you keep it up and running right?
(might have some irk if I look, would that help?)

bettielee
09-14-2009, 06:16 AM
ha - I was gone and didn't know AW was here... and now, I go again.

MacAllister
09-14-2009, 06:18 AM
Aren't you supposed to be editing?

robeiae
09-14-2009, 06:20 AM
Yeah - Pthom pointed out that the Flash Fiction folks do their thing every Sunday night, and Scott rescheduled the overhaul for tomorrow night, but I missed the note in mod. So this thread is now, officially, for an outtage TOMORROW night, because Scott and I crossed wires a bit.
Sure, sure. THAT is the reason...

http://www.absolutewrite.com/forums/showpost.php?p=4036296&postcount=15

Just admit that I've become all-powerful and can control the internetz with my mind.

Susie
09-14-2009, 06:29 AM
I'm sure glad AW's back, I already ate half my chocolate stash. :D

MacAllister
09-14-2009, 06:32 AM
*sigh*

Robo-Vowels, how many times do I need to explain that prior events are not by definition in a causal relationship with successive events?

Okay.

Let's start from the beginning with this...

Regan Leigh
09-14-2009, 06:34 AM
Um. Where do you post the Flash challenge? Or do you?

MacAllister
09-14-2009, 06:37 AM
Hi Regan - have you been into chat already, so you've written your flash piece from the prompt?

You go post it in the Flash Fiction Challenge subforum (http://www.absolutewrite.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=137). :) You'll see there are a few folks there already.

robeiae
09-14-2009, 06:41 AM
*sigh*

Robo-Vowels, how many times do I need to explain that prior events are not by definition in a causal relationship with successive events?

Okay.

Let's start from the beginning with this...
*thinks really hard*

See? I just willed the Google ad to change. Next, I'll force Rolling Thunder's ears to pop...

Regan Leigh
09-14-2009, 06:43 AM
Hi Regan - have you been into chat already, so you've written your flash piece from the prompt?

You go post it in the Flash Fiction Challenge subforum (http://www.absolutewrite.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=137). :) You'll see there are a few folks there already.

I did get the prompt, but I've never done this before. Can you PM the password?

Regan Leigh
09-14-2009, 06:43 AM
I did get the prompt, but I've never done this before. Can you PM the password?

And yeah, I did write something...though it probably sucks. :P

MacAllister
09-14-2009, 06:51 AM
First drafts suck for everyone. So don't worry about it. Practicing is the best way to get better.

The password is right on the menu, btw - it's not a secret, it's just to keep the Google-spiders from caching people's drafts: flashed

Cranky
09-14-2009, 07:27 AM
No worries. This is entirely my screw up, folks - so save any ire for me, okay? Again, I'm sorry.

*whines* But I had WORK to do tonight, so this outage thingy was perfect as scheduled! I have nothing to do tomorrow, and AW will be down?

I protest! With a stompy foot for emphasis!

How'd I do? :D

kayleamay
09-14-2009, 07:29 AM
Excellent work Master MacAllister...excellent work.

Regan Leigh
09-14-2009, 07:37 AM
First drafts suck for everyone. So don't worry about it. Practicing is the best way to get better.

The password is right on the menu, btw - it's not a secret, it's just to keep the Google-spiders from caching people's drafts: flashed

Thanks for your help!

KellyAssauer
09-14-2009, 01:59 PM
MONDAY Night (Sep 14) outage (Because Mac screwed up)

9pm EST, 6 PM PST.

Ah oh, wasn't last night Sunday?
Or did I have another one of "those" weekends?

tjwriter
09-14-2009, 02:41 PM
Mac just messing with us again.

Stop playing with the mind control buttons, Rob.

I started feeling bad, so I didn't do anything anyway. Stupid illness.