Strange Break up

Status
Not open for further replies.

semilargeintestine

BassGirl 5000
Registered
Reaction score
I just had a weird experience. I've been dating this girl for a little while now, and things were going pretty well. She has her own business (NOT prostitution, thank you), and lately she's been extremely busy--like, to the point where we haven't seen each other in a month.

So, I've kind of been under the impression that we're just casually going out, with little commitment. That's fine. Well, my friend has someone he wants to set me up with, and I was kind of hoping to stay where I live rather than move up to NY, which is where the girl I was dating works.

Well, she just called me to tell me that she thinks we should be free to date other people because we both have busy schedules that make it difficult to actually date.

I just got dumped, and I'm happy about it. That's never happened to me before (I got dumped once, and it was miserable; I dumped two girls, and they were also miserable). Has that ever happened to you?

Reaction score
Wait...lemme get this straight. You're Australian. And you're single.

:e2brows: How you doin'?

aadams73

A Work in Progress
Registered
Reaction score
Sure, it's happened to me. Similar circumstances, too. It was no big deal.

semilargeintestine

BassGirl 5000
Registered
Reaction score
Yeah, it's no big deal. I was just kind of dumbfounded at the luck (if that's what you want to call it). I'm not sure what the point to posting this was, I just wanted to tell someone other than the chair.

Millicent M'Lady

Exploring the infinite abyss
Registered
Reaction score
Sadly, it has happened to me because I'm too much a wuss to break up with people. I've done it once, I think, and that was after he cheated on me. Didn't even like him before that either, the cheeky git so can't say it broke my heart.

But yep. I've stayed in relationships that have outlived their purpose and then danced with joy when I've been dumped. My God, I've just realised what a weirdo I am!:D

Kurtz

Fix up, look sharp.
Registered
Reaction score
After the first three weeks every one of my relationships has turned into a race to dump the other person first.

DL Hegel

Tigress Tyrant
Requiescat In Pace
Registered
Reaction score
I'm not Kirk, Spock, Luke, Flash or Arthur frellin
Website
www.myspace.com
Yes...when i was single...if I wanted to break up...I usually convinced the person I was dating that it was their idea or nudged them in that direction. I never had an ego issue with it. I think it is always more positive if the person you want to dump, dumps you first...win...win. They don't feel as bad about it and you don't feel guilty. Life is too short to hurt people if you can avoid it. Just don't do the happy dance in front of them:)

Reaction score
Sure, it's happened to me. Similar circumstances, too. It was no big deal.
I get pissed off that he dumped me first. It's only a matter of pride in that case, not a broken heart. Doesn't stop me wanting to kneecap him, though.

semilargeintestine

BassGirl 5000
Registered
Reaction score
Sadly, it has happened to me because I'm too much a wuss to break up with people. I've done it once, I think, and that was after he cheated on me. Didn't even like him before that either, the cheeky git so can't say it broke my heart.

But yep. I've stayed in relationships that have outlived their purpose and then danced with joy when I've been dumped. My God, I've just realised what a weirdo I am!:D

You and me both!

After the first three weeks every one of my relationships has turned into a race to dump the other person first.

:ROFL:

Yes...when i was single...if I wanted to break up...I usually convinced the person I was dating that it was their idea or nudged them in that direction. I never had an ego issue with it. I think it is always more positive if the person you want to dump, dumps you first...win...win. They don't feel as bad about it and you don't feel guilty. Life is too short to hurt people if you can avoid it. Just don't do the happy dance in front of them:)

Yeah, that's actually what I was planning on doing. I was in the process of figuring out how to do it when she sprung this on me. Problem solved. :)

som1luvsmi

My brother loves me thiiis much! :)
Registered
Reaction score
About a block away from the nuthouse...they've sta
Website
randomlyabstract.blogspot.com
Is it wrong that after I read this post that song from Fiddler on the Roof started going through my head?

Matchmaker, Matchmaker
make me a match,
find me a find,
catch me a catch.
Matchmaker, Matchmaker
look through your book,
and make me a perfect match.

:D

Kurtz

Fix up, look sharp.
Registered
Reaction score
I watched Fiddler on the Roof and felt Jewish for days afterwards. It unironically owns.

MsGneiss

Registered
Reaction score
It doesn't sound like you got dumped. It was a mutual parting of ways. Isn't that a better way to think about it? And you don't have to feel awkward about being happy that it turned out that way.

Fenika

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
All I got out of this thread is that Semi is an Aussie.

I don't suppose you'd enjoy a marriage of convenience? Oh, and we're moving to NZ in a few years. Kay?

Susie

Thanks, special friend for my avi!
Registered
Reaction score
That's cool you're not upset 'bout the breakup, I'm just kinda surprised I always thought you waz a gurl. :D LOL. (And I lurve you juz the same). :)

Reaction score
*rolls up sleeves*

Don't make me do this. I get first dibs on all Aussies. Don't make me hurt you.

Fenika

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
You wouldn't hit a disabled person, would you?

...Yeah, you would.

*Runs like hell from the fat penguin*

Status
Not open for further replies.