A vampire question....

Angel_Lorena26

Registered
Reaction score
Someone had brought up a important question that not even I had even thought about.

What would you call a living decendent to a vamopire elder? I have racked my brain trying ot come up with something but i wasn't able to. I even cheated and tried to goggle it and the off chance there might be something but no. Anyways if anyone comes up with anything interesting please let me now

thank you :)

smcc360

I've Got An MFA In LEO
Registered
Reaction score
How far removed? Child, grandchild, great-grandchild? Or further down?

ChristineR

What happened?
Registered
Reaction score
Ann Arbor, Michigan. Downtown. Near the Universi
A dhampir is a half-vampire, child (through more or less normal sex) of a vampire and a human. Not all traditions and mythical universes admit this as a possibility, although some do.

If you mean children he fathered when he was still alive, they'd just be grandchildren, great-grandchildren, etc.

Cyia

Rewriting My Destiny
Registered
Reaction score
A dhampir is a half-vampire, child (through more or less normal sex) of a vampire and a human. Not all traditions and mythical universes admit this as a possibility, although some do.

If you mean children he fathered when he was still alive, they'd just be grandchildren, great-grandchildren, etc.

Exactly.

If they're 1/2 vampire, they're Dhamphir. If they're just a human descendant born from a human who was later turned, they're human descendants.

Generally speaking, it's usually a vampire male and a human female that produce Dhamphir as most of the lore doesn't allow for a female vampire to carry a living child.

DavidZahir

Malkavian Primogen
Registered
Reaction score
Website
undeadwhispers.yuku.com
Legends are slippery things, not nearly as precise as would perhaps be comfortable.

According to some legends, all descendants of a vampire are dhampir -- and it might not even matter whether they were born before the vampire was turned or not! Depending on the legend.

JoshEllingson

Registered
Reaction score
would the child of two vampires, that have vampire blood in their veins, but have not fully turned, be concidered a dhampir?

Last edited:

K.Bristow

Somewhere between sanity & jumping
Registered
Reaction score
It was always my belief that Vampire women can not produce children as their bodies do not change. If they are forever the age they were when they were turned, then it would seem that no child could be born as their bodies do not have the capacity to change, grow, alter etc.

Menyanthana

Moonflower
Registered
Reaction score
Male vampires shouldn't be able to father children, as they don't produce sperms anymore. However...if you don't try to explain your vampires scientifically, you can do whatever you want.