Cast the New Catwoman

Bravo

Socialitest
Registered
Reaction score
after much thought and deliberation, i say michelle pfeiffer should get the gig again.

michelle_pfeiffer.jpg

feel free to agree with me.

katiemac

Five by Five
Registered
Reaction score
If anyone says Angelina Jolie, I will have you banned.

Bravo

Socialitest
Registered
Reaction score
thank you, katie.

same with megan fox.

ban worthy.

childeroland

What happened to my LIFE?!
Registered
Reaction score
Batman-on-Film is relating an 'insider' rumor that Catwoman won't be in the next film.

JoNightshade

has finally arrived
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.ramseyhootman.com
I think Pfeiffer is awesome, but I very much disliked that Batman movie, particularly Catwoman. I think it had more to do with the story/direction than her as an actor, but... yeah. No thanks.

ETA: Personally, I am hoping the next Bat-movie will include Robin. And not a twenty-something Chris O'Donnell, either. Dick Grayson is supposed to be EIGHT when he becomes Robin, for Pete's sake.

Last edited:

Bravo

Socialitest
Registered
Reaction score
i think the penguin is what messed up that movie.

not catwoman.

katiemac

Five by Five
Registered
Reaction score
Nolan's Batman isn't ready for Robin yet. He's still too much of a mess-up for mentor-mode. Unless they bring Robin in and kill him, but that's kind of irrelevant. Nolan's said he's not interested in Robin.

I don't think I want Catwoman, either, but I'll play the game and ponder who I think would be good in the role.

maestrowork

Fear the Death Ray
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.amazon.com
If Nolan casts Megan Fox, I'd have no respect for him (okay, maybe a bit less depending what he does with Batman III).

I still think Cher should be Catwoman. ;)

katiemac

Five by Five
Registered
Reaction score
Maybe Christina Hendricks?

She's currently on Mad Men but she played Saffron on Firefly--she can play that both sides of the innocent/bitchy coin.

Cyia

Rewriting My Destiny
Registered
Reaction score
Natalie Portman? America Ferrera? Anne Hathaway?

Scarlet Johansen would make an awesome Harley Quinn, IMO.

Bravo

Socialitest
Registered
Reaction score
nolan absolutely needs to put robin into the franchise, he should introduce dick grayson in the next movie. the studio shouldn't allow him to do anything less than that.

robin's essential for the movie, i think if he's about 16 yrs old, that will be fine.

JoNightshade

has finally arrived
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.ramseyhootman.com
Nolan's Batman isn't ready for Robin yet. He's still too much of a mess-up for mentor-mode. Unless they bring Robin in and kill him, but that's kind of irrelevant.

You have a point there. Maybe movie #4? :)

Nolan's said he's not interested in Robin.

Then he's an idiot. Well, I mean, he's not an idiot, but he needs to rethink that opinion. ;) I think he'd do a great job exploring the dynamic. He did such a fantastic job with all the iffy moral lines between Batman and Joker, I'd love to see his take on the psychology behind Batman's justification for recruiting a small child as his partner.

katiemac

Five by Five
Registered
Reaction score
Then he's an idiot. Well, I mean, he's not an idiot, but he needs to rethink that opinion. ;) I think he'd do a great job exploring the dynamic. He did such a fantastic job with all the iffy moral lines between Batman and Joker, I'd love to see his take on the psychology behind Batman's justification for recruiting a small child as his partner.

You sound like this blogger. I can get behind the idea he's introduced (as in here's this kid, Grayson's out there somewhere) but I don't really want to see Robin as Robin any time soon.

Izz

Doing the Space Operatic
Staff member
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.justgoodfiction.com
You sound like this blogger. I can get behind the idea he's introduced (as in here's this kid, Grayson's out there somewhere) but I don't really want to see Robin as Robin any time soon.
and definitely not in the traditional-style Robin-suit...

brokenfingers

Walkin' That Road
Registered
Reaction score
I view Robin as a 1940's marketing ploy and not relevent to the new Batman mythos.

What need does a Dark Knight who relies on solitude and mystery for much of his power, have for a sidekick? It's an outdated concept.

Bravo

Socialitest
Registered
Reaction score
there was a time, not that long ago, when the joker was viewed as nothing more than circus clown.

look how that turned out.

robin's the only thing that keeps batman from becoming insane, he's critical to the mythos and needs to be introduced in the next film. nolan is totally wrong to dismiss the character.

brokenfingers

Walkin' That Road
Registered
Reaction score
Hmmm, well I definitely have an open mind about it. If he can make it work, then great. I haven't seen it work yet though.

Thinking on it now, I can see where it could help him if he became too dark and depressed. The mission of "saving" a young orphan and how it would help heal some of the psychological pain of he himself being orphaned as a child. So, yeah, if done right, it could possibly work.

But I could also live without it too. And I don't agree that it "needs" to be introduced in the next film. The roots laid down for future use maybe, but going the whole Robin route now would be rushing it, I think.

katiemac

Five by Five
Registered
Reaction score
there was a time, not that long ago, when the joker was viewed as nothing more than circus clown.

look how that turned out.

robin's the only thing that keeps batman from becoming insane, he's critical to the mythos and needs to be introduced in the next film. nolan is totally wrong to dismiss the character.

I don't think he's outright dismissing the character so much as it's more like what I said--he thinks it's too early. And I think when he says there will never be Robin in the Batman franchise as long as he's directing, again, isn't necessarily a dismissal of what Robin is but it's not his wish to direct so many Batman movies that it becomes time for Robin. He's kind of made it clear he's envisioned a trilogy. After the third comes out, though, I suppose it might change ... but if Nolan's out after three, so's Bale.

Bravo

Socialitest
Registered
Reaction score
Hmmm, well I definitely have an open mind about it. If he can make it work, then great. I haven't seen it work yet though.

Thinking on it now, I can see where it could help him if he became too dark and depressed. The mission of "saving" a young orphan and how it would help heal some of the psychological pain of he himself being orphaned as a child. So, yeah, if done right, it could possibly work.

But I could also live without it too. And I don't agree that it "needs" to be introduced in the next film. The roots laid down for future use maybe, but going the whole Robin route now would be rushing it, I think.

by introduced, i mean i'd like to see bruce be friend's with the grayson family, have the parents get killed in the second act, and by the end of the movie, bruce offers to bring the orphan into his home.

no robin yet, just introduce the kid, get the audience used to the idea of him and hint at what's about to come.

Last edited:

shawkins

Ahhh. Sweet.
VPX
Registered
Reaction score
re: Robin -- I think that young (looking ?) actress who was in Hard Candy and played Kitty Pryde in X3 would do a good Carrie Kelly/Robin (C.K was Robin in Dark Knight Returns, if you haven't read it)

re: Catwoman - Sigourney Weaver. Seriously. I think an older catwoman would be cool.

Bravo

Socialitest
Registered
Reaction score
anyone good with photoshop?

let's put some cat ears and whiskers on her.

thank you

katiemac

Five by Five
Registered
Reaction score
re: Robin -- I think that young (looking ?) actress who was in Hard Candy and played Kitty Pryde in X3 would do a good Carrie Kelly/Robin (C.K was Robin in Dark Knight Returns, if you haven't read it)

Ellen Page. :)