PDA

View Full Version : Would love some reviews!

Hands-of-Loki
09-13-2009, 03:41 AM
Howdy everyone, I'm new to AW, and I am just trying to get back into blogging to exercise my writing before trying to get published... Thinking of trying to get some of my poetry published, or do a collection of shorts... or even go for the big ol' novel...
Anyways, I was hoping that I might be able to get a few reviews of my writing, see what people think. I'm not too savvy when it comes to altering my actual page, I've always concentrated more on the actual writing itself, so I apologize in advance if the layout isn't up to snuff.

Here she is;
http://whereismango.blogspot.com
Enjoy!

nitaworm
09-13-2009, 09:26 AM
It was enjoyable. I read the poetry.

lostwanderer5
09-13-2009, 03:23 PM
The layout is clean and tidy, and your blog is easy to read. If you intend to make this blog mainly about your poetry/writing, then perhaps you should redefine as more creative blog, as oppose to random.

It's not necessary of course, but I personally believe that if it's defined by a certain category (assuming you are going to post in that category), people who share that interest are more likely to follow, as oppose to just following random blogs.

Hands-of-Loki
09-14-2009, 04:10 AM
Nita, I only got to read throug a bit of your blog but I really enjoyed your most recent article. I don't write in the sci-fi genre (clearly) but I feel your advice on absorbing the world around you is applicable all over. Interesting stuff.
Lost wanderer I got a chance to look through your travel blog first as travel is something I am very passionate about. I think we're on the same boat there, travel plays a massive role in my life and how I write and my personal development.
I just changed my format a little bit because I wanted to throw a background image up at the top, and I also took your advice (lost) on the random bits.
Anyways I am following both your blogs now and look forward to getting the chance to read more! Thanks for the reviews =D