Status
Not open for further replies.

ishtar'sgate

living in the past
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.linneaheinrichs.com
Just have to share this. I wasn't particularly thrilled with the cover art for my last novel so for my new wip I wanted to use the photo of the lion in my avatar. I finally located the photographer - in South Africa - and he's given me his permission to use it. I'm hoping if I present a publisher with the photo and written permission to use it, that I'll have more luck in getting it approved. Here's hoping. Fingers crossed.

Palmfrond

cereal killer
Registered
Reaction score
Good luck with that. My impression is that publishers assume that anything the author likes must be unmarketable.

CheshireCat

Mostly purring. Mostly.
Registered
Reaction score
Some publishers/editors are more open to input from authors when it comes to cover art. Some aren't.

Just depends on who you write for.

TWErvin2

Raises Turtles in his Basement
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.ervin-author.com
Ishtar'sgate,

You'll never know unless you pose the question with the photo and written permission to the pubisher. Hope it works out.

foreverstamp

Sockpuppet
Banned
Reaction score
good luck with that. I like the picture. mind if I ask what publisher you're with? I suspect the smaller guys might be more open to the suggestion than the bigger guys.

ishtar'sgate

living in the past
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.linneaheinrichs.com
good luck with that. I like the picture. mind if I ask what publisher you're with? I suspect the smaller guys might be more open to the suggestion than the bigger guys.
Yes, it's a small publisher with a great reputation. Thistledown Press purchased my novel, THE FIRST VIAL, and I'm hoping to interest them in my second manuscript once it's completed if I decide to try the unagented route again.

KTC

Stand in the Place Where You Live
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
ktcraig.com
No harm in trying. Don't they run it through a marketing department? Good luck to you!

Status
Not open for further replies.