So, my husband is turning into a woman...

kayleamay

I'm on the phone.
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
...or at least I think that may be the case. Last night he wanted to watch Bridget Jones, then right about when I was falling to sleep he decided he wanted to talk. He started asking me strange questions like "Do you think I'm passionate enough?" and "Do you think I'm funny?" and just the other day he told me that he thought maybe we should have another baby. *cringes at the thought*

Is this normal? What is this...sensitive bit all about? Is there anyone on this board that is insightful enough to answer such questions?

MsGneiss

Registered
Reaction score
It sounds like a bit of a midlife crisis to me. Don't worry. Indulge him, if it's not too much of a hassle. He'll be back to his football-watching-insensitive-belching ways soon.

Now, for an answer that does not involve my favorite generalizations:

It sounds like a bit of a midlife crisis to me. Hear him out. See what he wants to talk about, and what is on his mind. And Bridge Jones is a very nice movie.

James81

Great Scott Member
Registered
Reaction score
It's time to add a little more protein to your meals. :tongue

He needs a hearty dose of grilled meats to increase his testosterone. :D

KellyAssauer

The Anti-Magdalene
Registered
Reaction score
Is this normal? What is this...sensitive bit all about? Is there anyone on this board that is insightful enough to answer such questions?

Probably not -politely anyways-

That being said I'm guessing he just found out he has a terminal condition and being riddled with guilt (as all men should be after marriage) he feels this great need to atone and make his life worth something. Who cares what or where the sensitive bit is all about or how is has manifested itself, any second now it might disappear and perhaps his condition isn't all that terminal, so I'd just take full advantage of it as much as possible right this minute... No question! So may be he 'pays forward' for a while? What a gift!

(naw... jaded?... me?...who you kiddin?)

Silent Rob

Riff-Raff
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Feed him beer.

ROAR :D

Ps. I loved that bit in bridget jones where she managed to really, you know...connect with Mark. Or whatever his name was. Cough. Cough. Grrr.

Honalo

Registered
Reaction score
Is this really out of character for him? Has he never exhibited these tendencies before?
If my husband wanted to watch a chick movie (over sports? or anything sports related?) I'd get the thermometer.
But maybe he's just being reflective, seeing himself differently ... I don't know.

kayleamay

I'm on the phone.
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Let's see...he's never really been the football watching/belching type.
He won't eat much grilled meat and he absolutely refuses to eat oysters. *shakes head*
He works out three or four times a week.
I'm pretty sure the only thing he's read in the last month was the back of a cereal box.

How does it make me feel? Weird.

kayleamay

I'm on the phone.
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Probably not -politely anyways-

That being said I'm guessing he just found out he has a terminal condition and being riddled with guilt (as all men should be after marriage) he feels this great need to atone and make his life worth something. Who cares what or where the sensitive bit is all about or how is has manifested itself, any second now it might disappear and perhaps his condition isn't all that terminal, so I'd just take full advantage of it as much as possible right this minute... No question! So may be he 'pays forward' for a while? What a gift!

(naw... jaded?... me?...who you kiddin?)

Enjoy it? It makes me want to punch him and tell him to man up!

(And shut it muppet. I'm not sharing the beer.)

Silent Rob

Riff-Raff
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I think I'd say he's probably just trying to make sure he's one primo husband for you.

I'd be flattered. 'Cept i'm a dude and all.

It just shows your opinion and respect matter to him. In a manly kind of way.

Silent Rob

Riff-Raff
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
(And shut it muppet. I'm not sharing the beer.)

There's your problem. You're way too much of a dude.

Classic role reversal.

PS. Does my behind look big in this?

James81

Great Scott Member
Registered
Reaction score
Enjoy it? It makes me want to punch him and tell him to man up!

Ha ha, I know how you feel. Whenever I see a girl who acts like "one of the guys" I feel the same way.

kayleamay

I'm on the phone.
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
There's your problem. You're way too much of a dude.

Classic role reversal.

PS. Does my behind look big in this?

This isn't telly at all?

Okay, so maybe one or two people have accused us of being bassackward. And maybe he's the squirmish one and I'm the one that has to get him a paper bag if one of the kids bleed and maybe I'm the only one who picks fights with big biker guys...but at least I never NEVER ask if my jeans make my ass look big.

KellyAssauer

The Anti-Magdalene
Registered
Reaction score
Jealous.

BTW, Assauer, about your ass and those jeans...

Talk about my jeans all you want sweety,
but this self esteem issue!
It just isn't getting any better for you is it?
Do not call yourself that!
You're so much more precious to me!
My favorite futhy bunneh!

slcboston

Pasture-ized
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
...or at least I think that may be the case. Last night he wanted to watch Bridget Jones

Ever seen the ending of "Old Yeller?" Yeah, it's like that. Sorry, but better to do it now and put him out of his misery than prolong the inevitable agony. :D