Injury compensation - how much?

Symphony

Registered
Reaction score
Hello,

I was wondering if anybody could hazard a guess at how much my character might have got in terms of compensation in the UK for an accident resulting in permanent paralysis. I really just need an approximation as I can very easily fudge around the figures but I have no idea where to start. There is no third party involvement - he's injured in an accident at work - no 'blame'.

I'd be so grateful for any help with this. Thanks a million.

Symphony

CACTUSWENDY

An old, sappy, and happy one.
Kind Benefactor
Requiescat In Pace
Registered
Reaction score
Here in the States part of the factor is how much earning power he would still have if the accident had not happened. What type of work did he do? How many children does he have? Lots of things get factored in. How much upkeep be he require now that is can not work? I think you need to provide more info.

stephenf

Registered
Reaction score
Hi neighbour.
As Cactuswendy has suggested, It's not an easy question to answer.If the injury happened at his place of work, he would need to clam on his employs insurance.Probably involving solicitors .His clam would be based on ,loss of earnings,extra expenses,he may have to convert his house to cope with a wheelchair ,not able to have sex.The list goes on.In the end, even if he wins ,the insurance will not pay a big lump sum.They prefer to pay out bit by bit,hoping you die prematurely.

Last edited:

Symphony

Registered
Reaction score
Thank you so much for your help. I'll have to look into this further - or find another way around it. Good to know,

Symphony

GeorgeK

ever seeking
Registered
Reaction score
Does it have to have a number? Could it just be "a tidy sum"?