Nightmare became 'real'....

CACTUSWENDY

An old, sappy, and happy one.
Kind Benefactor
Requiescat In Pace
Registered
Reaction score
Back story....

I have installed a small program that has a little 'Merlin' guy that reads out loud to me what ever I copy. I have him read my WIP to me and he helps me find errors and flow problems.

I copied my 22,000 word WIP and settled back, with eyes shut, to listen to him read for me. About half way through I fell asleep. A deep sleep.

In my dream I was inventing a mode of transportation using some household things. I was very pleased with myself. As I took a ride on this invention I rounded a corner and there sitting in a lounge chair was a person I have not seen in a couple of years talking to someone. He was telling this person, word for word, my WIP.

I stopped dead in my tracks and was outraged and wanted to know how he knew my book....word for word. He just kept telling this person my work word for word. I was ready to kick his butt.

Yeah, you figured it out....

I started waking up about this time and didn't want to leave my dream cause I wanted to know how this person knew ....word for word....my whole book.

Needless to say....when I finally came all the way awake....I felt like a fool. The little Merlin was all done with my book.

Talk about weird. At least I had a good laugh.

Any of you ever do something dumb like this?

Haggis

Evil, undead Chihuahua
Registered
Reaction score
You want I should set the Hounds on that Merlin guy, Wendy?

:roll:

alleycat

Still around
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
How do you know it wasn't real . . . ?

*Cue Twilight Zone music*

Tiz_Mee

iz bossy . . .
Registered
Reaction score
LOL!! Youz crazy!!

In reguards to dreams, The dumbest thing I've ever had happen was when I hit the snooze, fell back asleep, and dreampt I was getting showered and ready to leave for the day. Crap I could even smell the soap!! I must have really been deep in sleep, cause I slept through the buzzing alarm and woke back up an hour later, thinking I was all ready to leave. I was ticked off. I had to do it all over again!

tjwriter

Emerging Anew
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.kidscoffeechaos.wordpress.com
I have odd dreams quite often. Especially if I am dreaming when the alarm clock goes off.

I woke up crying on Monday from a dream. Whoever I was in the dream world was talking to her deceased spouse, showing him how the kids had grown and the baby that wasn't born yet when he died. It ended with him asking how I was doing and I replied, "I miss you so much every day. And I don't think I'll ever let myself love again."

Gah! I wish I knew what was bring on the odd dreams I've had lately.

bettielee

I'm a sparkly fairy princess!
Registered
Reaction score
Website
bettielee.wordpress.com
I have really wild dreams, but in real life, a dumb thing I did- I was late for school becuz this awesome song came on the radio, and I had to find a cassette (yes, this was in the old days ) to pop in and record the song. - I had a bad ass stereo with a dual cassette player - oh yeah, I could make you a mix tape!)

Then I realized: said awesome song wasn't on the radio. I had been playing a cassette that already had the awesome song on it in the OTHER deck. I was a weird kid...

and the things I thought were important...

Chasing the Horizon

Blowing in the Wind
Registered
Reaction score
Gah! I wish I knew what was bring on the odd dreams I've had lately.
I know why I've been having such strange, vivid and disturbing dreams. About a month ago one of my worst fears really did happen, exactly the way I'd always imagined (but never truly believed) it would. BUT I wasn't there when it happened. Heard about it in vivid detail later. I still haven't decided if I'm glad I wasn't there or wish I had been, since I would've known what to do better than the people who were there, and the full repercussions remain to be seen.

But now I have dreams about it all the time. It happens again, and this time I'm there, but I still can't stop it (how bad the outcome is varies, but I'm never able to actually prevent it). It sucks. I wish there was some way to just not dream at all.

Wayne K

Banned
Reaction score
I once dreamed that Edith Bunker said "That's okay Archie, you don't have to go to work today."

I turned off the alarm and slept in. I was fired.