New result for my book trailer experiment

Status
Not open for further replies.

Michael Davis

Registered
Reaction score
A while back I posted the results of an experiment I conducted to assess if book trailers increased hits and sales and were worth the effort (the detailed results of that experiment are still on my site Davisstories.com under the "article" button) The bottom line from studying four weeks of data was that there was no noticeable increase in site hits, HOWEVER, since then I have observed another interesting result.

Normally the views of my "Buy page" (where I list all the sources my books can be purchased) is roughly 20% of the deep hits to my site (stay >2 minutes). Since I placed the book trailers on my site, of those that view the trailers, the visits to the buy page has increased 300%. In other words, my site hit rate has not increased, but the visits to my buy page has increased three fold for those that view my book trailers at my site.

That result may justify doing another trailer for my new release out in Jan. I plan to check actual sales in 6 months when I get my next royalty statement to see if that actually translates to increased sales.

Just thought I'd pass it on.

swvaughn

adrift
Registered
Reaction score
Really? Well, that's heartening news. Maybe book trailers are worth something after all - hey, increased buy page views is a good thing.

This makes me happy because I like making book trailers, and now I can comfort myself by thinking it's not a complete and utter waste of time. :)

ishtar'sgate

living in the past
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.linneaheinrichs.com
I listened to your trailer for Blind Consent and it's no surprise to me that you've got more views on the Buy page. I think readers will enjoy knowing what prompted you to write the story and you've given only enough to pique interest but not so much they'll already know what it's about. Nicely done. Hope it translates into sales for you.

Michael Davis

Registered
Reaction score
Thank's ishtar'sgate.

Did take a while to complete. BLIND CONSENT told 5 days, while FORGOTTEN CHILDREN took 3 days (I got better, g). Everything I said was true and it was based on my memories as a boy in the south, with a sinister twist.

Status
Not open for further replies.