PDA

View Full Version : Random Musings About Your Writing, v2

Provrb1810meggy
08-25-2007, 03:53 AM
Okay, the Writing for Young Adults sub-forum definitely isn't the most active sub-forum in the vast and fantastical online land that is Absolute Write Water Cooler. Lately, we've had a few threads that have got this area a little more active, but I wanted to add to that.

This is just a thread for any random musings about your writing, the process, your manuscript, your characters, one WIP, your writing as a whole...basically, anything. Hence the word random, you see?

My MCs in three of my novels have this obsession with makeup, which is strange, since I hardly wear makeup. Well, I wore it for like a period of two weeks last year, but then I got sick of it. My current MC believes everyone is judging her (which they probably are, this is high school we're talking about!) and wants to always look perfect. This may change a little bit, though, because her character is being reworked in the rewrite. She's going to be a bit more feisty and confident. The MC in the novel I'm submitting, to put it simply, has self-esteem issue. She thinks she's just average looking and needs makeup to look good, when in fact she's quite pretty and more guys have liked her than she would've ever expected. In my other novel (now probably resigned to the trunk), the MC was a nerd turned popular girl. She also had some self-esteem issues left over, because she was tormented and called ugly during middle school. She's a bit obsessive about looking good.

Okay, that was my random musing to start out the thread!

Oh wait...one more musing. Is it okay or ok or OK or O.K.? I never know what to use. Is it just a matter of picking one and being consistent, or should certain ones be used in certain instances?

Now share your random musings and reply to mine if you want! Go!

Rachel
08-25-2009, 03:18 AM
Aha!

I like the smiley.

KerryBee
08-28-2009, 12:28 AM
hey Rachel you're starting your all day all night type sessions soon, right? Good luck :)
How'd you fare with the mathematics?

Rachel
08-28-2009, 04:44 AM
The course ends tomorrow! :e2woo:

*looks over at final project she hasn't started yet*

Rachel
08-30-2009, 05:51 AM
I am sad that no one has posted.

Hugs for RM. :Hug2:

Went to the mall. Didn't see Break. Sighed.

My day in 3 sentences. :D

Sage
08-30-2009, 08:02 AM
Went to convention.

Already knew everything in the "what editors want" panel (and I was sooo excited about that one too)

The first 13 lines of LS sound awesome when read out loud and everyone said they would turn the page!!!

My day in three sentences

Horserider
08-30-2009, 08:09 AM
Met Steve Vander Ark (author of The Harry Potter Lexicon).

Walked five plus miles around an awesome college.

Received a long lecture when I got home about boys and flirting (not the kind of lecture you would think it would be) that ruined it all.

My day in three sentences.

Rachel
08-30-2009, 08:07 PM
I've started something. :D

So how come you guys had more exciting days than I did, huh?

Rachel
09-03-2009, 07:23 PM
I'm on a roll, writing wise. It feel good. :)

Skye Jules
09-04-2009, 08:44 PM
Finish re-writing Witch Tourniquet (this HAS to be the final time!), and now I'm going to proofread and spend probably a day planning Time Angel, and then finally getting started on it.

Rachel
09-06-2009, 11:47 PM
That sounds exciting, Skye!

bethany
09-07-2009, 04:03 AM
Posting.

Sage
09-07-2009, 04:04 AM
LOL, bethany.

darrtwish
09-07-2009, 04:06 AM
Hmm. Maybe I should update my signature once in a while....
*wanders off to go do that*

Sage
09-07-2009, 04:09 AM
In your User CP there's a section for Social Groups and I have added "Musers" if anyone would like to join.

Sage
09-07-2009, 06:02 AM
Muser social group: http://www.absolutewrite.com/forums/group.php?groupid=8

mcnorth
09-07-2009, 06:05 AM
Hello sparkly sage gif!

Sage
09-07-2009, 06:10 AM
Did you miss it?