Friend me, Baby

Silver King

Megalops Erectus
Registered
Reaction score
I've noticed with the new upgrade that a number of people want to be "friends" with me. I love friends, of course, and the more the merrier. But why this sudden influx of proving our true feelings? Weren't we friends before today?

I don't know. This whole, "You have to confirm that I'm your friend" business takes the fun out of human relations in some way. Hell, just yesterday, I was your friend for real. Why should I be made to confirm it otherwise?

poetinahat

say it loud
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Heh. Yeah, what would be really fun is having to confirm that you're not a friend. There could be gradations: Nemesis, Turbulent Priest, BOMB (boil on my bottom), Sparring Partner with Secret Crush, NotsobadreallybutIjustdon'tlikeyouravatar....

backslashbaby

~~~~*~~~~
Registered
Reaction score
I don't tend to like things like that. It can be cute and fun for folks, and that's totally cool, but it's not my thang.

Now, I'll buy nearly anyone a drink and have a laugh. That's no problem!

rhymegirl

It's a New Year!
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
And there are also friends with benefits. :e2brows:

Last edited:

MacAllister

'Twas but a dream of thee
Staff member
Boss Mare
Administrator
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
VPX
Registered
Reaction score
Website
macallisterstone.com
Heh. Yeah, what would be really fun is having to confirm that you're not a friend. There could be gradations: Nemesis, Turbulent Priest, BOMB (boil on my bottom), Sparring Partner with Secret Crush, NotsobadreallybutIjustdon'tlikeyouravatar....

Oh....man....

You know...I bet we could actually DO that.

KellyAssauer

The Anti-Magdalene
Registered
Reaction score
I've noticed with the new upgrade that a number of people want to be "friends" with me. I love friends, of course, and the more the merrier. But why this sudden influx of proving our true feelings? Weren't we friends before today?

New upgrades have only ever meant new dumb arse gizmos to compound all the new dumb arse gizmos from the last upgrade in a vicious circle that ends up making it so complicated it takes a 12 year old to figure it out.

Besides, friends are over rated.

We're fine, -as far as I'm concerned!

Deleted member 42

Turbulent (or troublesome) priest? Check. Off to commune with the database.

bettielee

I'm a sparkly fairy princess!
Registered
Reaction score
Website
bettielee.wordpress.com
Just shut up and be my friend. Things will go a lot easier for you if you conform....

ok - serious. The cool thing is, you can be friends and not do anything. I think it is nothing more than a list on your profile. The truly cool thing is, you can go the profile and see if the folks you commonly interact with (also called "friends" in some circles) are online in a schoche.... see?

Reaction score
You're my secret cru- nonevermind.

alleycat

Still around
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
We could invite SK to join the Folks Who Don't Have Dclary on Ignore social group. I mean, it's not like the group is teeming with members anyway.

Reaction score
Turbulent (or troublesome) priest? Check. Off to commune with the database.
*cough*

What miserable drones and traitors have I nourished and brought up in my household, who let their lord be treated with such shameful contempt by a low-born cleric?

Just for you, doll. ;)

kayleamay

I'm on the phone.
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I was just surprised that I have friends. I confirmed, but I don't really know what the hell I'm supposed to do now, so they'll probably dump me soon because I'm neglecting them out of ignorance. It's JUST LIKE REAL LIFE! :)

alleycat

Still around
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Stop whining...you have more than the 'kilt lovers of AW', which personally I don't understand.
I hate to think of the groups some of the people here will start.