PDA

View Full Version : Obsessive Rep Point Checkers Club, v2

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 [66] 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76

milly
12-21-2010, 07:56 PM
I don't even know where I put some of the stuff I bought ahead of time!

at this point, I'm in danger of not remembering that I bought something and then buying it again...oops

:)

slcboston
12-21-2010, 08:10 PM
I don't have that problem, at least, as I know where everything is.

Now all I have to do is scrounge up some Christmas chocolate for the stocking and I shall be all set.

... Once I get things wrapped.

:D

milly
12-21-2010, 08:13 PM
maybe you could *make* your candy...that might be cool

if you got chocolate chips, pepermint, any cereals like rice krispies or cheerios...well, you could make some cool candies and wrap them yourself

slcboston
12-21-2010, 08:34 PM
Other than the chips I don't have any of that, either, nor anything to wrap them in. But it's a nice idea.

(I do have peppermint, but the little one doesn't like it.)

Eh, I don't have to scrounge up much, just a couple of dollars. Enough for a chocolate santa and a bag of something else, and that will make everyone happy.

milly
12-21-2010, 08:36 PM
mmm, don't you love those cinnamon bears? the gummy ones? man, I wish i could find some of those for myself....yummmm

slcboston
12-21-2010, 08:49 PM
I'm not very fond of gummy anything. Not after my freshman year in high school. My homeroom was also the home of the German club, who every year sold gummy bears. So, one morning, on a whim, a friend of mine licked the back of one of the gummy bears and stuck it on a poster. (It was a matching color so it blended in and unless you knew it was there or looked closely you wouldn't really see it.) We didn't do anything else to the poster of the gummy bear, just licked it like you would a stamp.

It stayed up for at least a month. :eek:

That, right there, convinced me they were nothing I wanted in my stomach.

slcboston
12-21-2010, 08:49 PM
One last thing for your perusal, reppers, before I have to go this afternoon:

Gingerbread Trailer Park Contest (http://www.onlyagame.org/2010/12/18/gingerbread-contest)

milly
12-21-2010, 09:00 PM
I'm not very fond of gummy anything. Not after my freshman year in high school. My homeroom was also the home of the German club, who every year sold gummy bears. So, one morning, on a whim, a friend of mine licked the back of one of the gummy bears and stuck it on a poster. (It was a matching color so it blended in and unless you knew it was there or looked closely you wouldn't really see it.) We didn't do anything else to the poster of the gummy bear, just licked it like you would a stamp.

It stayed up for at least a month. :eek:

That, right there, convinced me they were nothing I wanted in my stomach.

pfft, gummy bears are fantastic...PERIOD

:tongue

*puts bos on ignore*

LaurieD
12-21-2010, 09:31 PM
We leave gummy worms and cookies for Santa, with a note, letting him know the milk's in the fridge.

;)

milly
12-21-2010, 10:30 PM
see?

even Santa likes gummies :)

LaurieD
12-21-2010, 10:34 PM
I have it straight from my kid, four years in a row now, that the Big Guy prefers gummy worms to bears or other shapes/creatures.

Actually, this came from a Santa letter exchange program when he was in preschool. The preschoolers and their 6th grade buddies wrote letters to Santa, then Santa wrote back. My kid and his buddy asked Santa what was his favorite snack. Santa wrote back "gummy worms and cookies."

night-flyer
12-21-2010, 11:54 PM
Oh crap, can anyone slow down the arrival of Christmas? I'm not ready. Haven't finished shopping, nothing wrapped, I don't even have the outdoor decorations up yet. :(

The wind has been blowing 40 all day yesterday and today. I don't think my outdoor tree and reindeer are going to survive out there. stoopid wind.

LaurieD
12-22-2010, 12:20 AM
Good luck, NF.

I'm in that boat next to yours. Half my cookies are made, most of my shopping is undone, no ribbon, no bows, still have all my wrapping to do. Hubs turned in his points on one of his credit cards on the 3rd for a certificate toward his mother's gift (2 live lobsters) it's still not here. Her gift will no way make it there before Christmas.

I'm taking Li'l Dude to get a gift for Ms Girl after we leave her at a friend's for a sleepover this afternoon. Tomorrow morning my check should be in my bank account. Should. Last payday, it was 24 hours later than usual.

I hate being this last minute.

night-flyer
12-22-2010, 12:31 AM
:Hug2:

My payday isn't until Thursday. I have to get the rest of my gifts then. I suppose I'll wrap what I have already tonight. My son is outside fighting the wind to put up the outdoor decor. Hmm...no time to bake cookies, but I did want to make fudge this year. Maybe tomorrow. Today I have to get the house clean, worked all week and the place looks like a disaster. :( I need a maid or a hubby.

SaraP
12-22-2010, 12:57 AM
The big kidlet and I went shopping this afternoon while hubby was working and the little kidlet was at a b'day party. We bought three gifts and one of them isn't even for Christmas. :(

Wicked
12-22-2010, 01:02 AM
I've been trying to keep my perspective before the utter gloom of the holiday takes me completely.

Last night my daughter and I made cookies.

This morning I was very pleased with my most fiendish gift wrapping yet. Twelve layers of newspaper, one solid wrapping of duct tape, some texture i.e. rolled up newspaper, small t shaped pvc pipe with beads inside to make it rattle, one corrugated plastic wall from a toy fort, three die, one superball, and another partial layer of duct tape.

Let's see the little package squeezer figure this one out! http://smileys.on-my-web.com/repository/Laughing/lol-065.gif

night-flyer
12-22-2010, 01:14 AM
:roll:

okay, wicked, you don't have to get me a gift for Christmas. I would never get it open for one thing, and well honestly, I already have that stuff... somewhere.

Wicked
12-22-2010, 01:20 AM

okay, wicked, you don't have to get me a gift for Christmas. I would never get it open for one thing, and well honestly, I already have that stuff... somewhere.

My in-laws have all learned that they need to bring a pocket knife when we exchange presents . . . and possibly a pair of pliers. :D I always get at least one of them.

And hubby's 80 year-old grandmother was a pretty good sport the year it was her turn.

night-flyer
12-22-2010, 01:33 AM
My mom would probably just hand the gift back to me for me to open it--she has no patience. :D

Hmm...if my family brought knives and tools to open gifts, things would probably get bloody around here in a hurry. :roll: I try to hide all the knives when they get together.

milly
12-22-2010, 02:12 AM
Today I have to get the house clean, worked all week and the place looks like a disaster. :( I need a maid or a hubby.

wait...you know of husbands who clean house?

:Huh:

night-flyer
12-22-2010, 02:20 AM
Not really, at least the one I had before never did. I can dream, though. Usually they are a bigger mess than the kids, someone else you have to clean up after. Maybe a maid would be better, I could always have Paul Walker on the side for drop-in visits.

Wicked
12-22-2010, 02:20 AM
wait...you know of husbands who clean house?

:Huh:

I have one that does laundry and cooks.

SaraP
12-22-2010, 02:30 AM
I have one that cooks too. And dusts sometimes.

night-flyer
12-22-2010, 02:45 AM
Where did you find these creatures that clean and cook? I must be looking in the wrong places.

Maybe Santa will bring me one for Christmas, I've been good...well, so-so.

SaraP
12-22-2010, 02:50 AM
My maternal grandmother had five daughters, of which only my mom (the oldest) didn't marry a cook. I inherited the cook-finder gene. :D

night-flyer
12-22-2010, 02:57 AM
:( I guess I don't have that gene. So, sad. Maybe I can buy an electronic cook finder thingy ma-bob. :D

Neurotic
12-22-2010, 03:09 AM
My old one wouldn't even pitch in with cooking when I was sick, let alone any other housework. So I replaced him with a new one, who does the dishes after I cook, takes turns doing laundry, and helps me clean. But before anyone starts rushing to New Zealand singles sites, I had to import him.

DeleyanLee
12-22-2010, 03:10 AM
Then the question is--where did you import him from? And did you get the last one?

Neurotic
12-22-2010, 03:16 AM
His left buttcheek has "Made in the USA" stamped upon it. As for remaining stock... I assume there must be some somewhere. I didn't think to check though. When I spotted this one, I got a little goal-oriented.

Wicked
12-22-2010, 03:17 AM
I found mine in a pawn shop in South Dakota. But he was imported too. :roll:

We've always been competitive. Didn't matter if we were shooting hoops at the park, or baking lasagna. We have to see who can kick whose butt, and talk a lot of smack while doing it.

SaraP
12-22-2010, 03:37 AM
Mine's local.

Of course, that would still be imported to you guys. ;)

night-flyer
12-22-2010, 03:43 AM
I don't have the money to import a man. Maybe he can hitch a ride with Santa. My luck, I'll get a lazy, messy elf...

milly
12-22-2010, 06:27 AM
:(

well, looks like I'm out of luck then...sheesh NF, I'm with you, and heck, I still have mine...at least you can dream of Paul Walker

hehe

BeatrixKiddo
12-22-2010, 06:38 AM
Howdy all. Sorry I've been MIA fellow Reppies. My back has been killing me this month. Thought it was getting better but it's been flaring up again. I'm thinking it's time to get it checked out by a back doc.

I also started a movie group for introverts. The running joke is, that not many folks will show up (ya know, since we're introverted, har, har) but the first movie meetup went well. Got a little crowd after all. I guess even introverts crave some human companionship every once in awhile.

Anyway, if I disappear again due for a bit due to my stupid spine (sitting at the computer is only tolerable for so long) I hope everyone has a nice Christmas (or whatever you foreigners celebrate "over there" ;)) and lovely New Years.

Off to catch up on postings...

slcboston
12-22-2010, 06:42 AM
Just for the record...

I cook. I clean. I do laundry. I take my little one out to the park and get her to school and all of that.

Oh, and I can *cook*.

So I don't need to find anyone to do it for me.

milly
12-22-2010, 07:10 AM
Howdy all. Sorry I've been MIA fellow Reppies. My back has been killing me this month. Thought it was getting better but it's been flaring up again. I'm thinking it's time to get it checked out by a back doc.

awwww....need a hug?

milly
12-22-2010, 07:10 AM
Just for the record...

I cook. I clean. I do laundry. I take my little one out to the park and get her to school and all of that.

Oh, and I can *cook*.

So I don't need to find anyone to do it for me.

pfft...

none of this matters as you don't like gummies...so there...enuff said

:tongue

slcboston
12-22-2010, 07:14 AM
I have very clear reasons for not liking gummies.

Food was not meant to bounce.

BeatrixKiddo
12-22-2010, 07:17 AM
awwww....need a hug?

Actually, some morphine would be good right about now. (Thank you though)

milly
12-22-2010, 07:18 AM
oranges bounce...or, they can...

and...well, onions too...not tomatoes so much, but onions and oranges are quite buoyant...and bouncy so...hmpf...so much for your silly gummy theory there sheep boy

milly
12-22-2010, 07:18 AM

hmm, don't have any morphine handy...hugs are all I got...what about a hot bath?

BeatrixKiddo
12-22-2010, 07:29 AM
hmm, don't have any morphine handy...hugs are all I got...what about a hot bath?

That sounds like a good idea actually. Might try that later. Also considering a life of crime and breaking into a pharmacy some time soon for the morphine. :D

slcboston
12-22-2010, 07:35 AM
oranges bounce...or, they can...

and...well, onions too...not tomatoes so much, but onions and oranges are quite buoyant...and bouncy so..

ever tried to bounce an orange?

Unless you're making OJ, it doesn't usually work too well. Just because they float doesn't mean they bounce.

Look at coconuts. They float, are very buoyant, in fact. But dribbling one on your kitchen floor is out of the question.

night-flyer
12-22-2010, 07:35 AM
Sorry to hear about your back, Beatrix. Hope you feel better soon.

hehe Milly turns down guys 'cause they don't like gummies. :roll:

If I could meet a decent guy, and the only thing wrong with him was that he didn't like gummies, it would be a miracle.

slcboston
12-22-2010, 07:36 AM

I;ve got some coke, that good enough?

the kind that comes in a can. With vanilla. I hasten to add.

milly
12-22-2010, 07:36 AM

If I could meet a decent guy, and the only thing wrong with him was that he didn't like gummies, it would be a miracle.

HEY!!!!!

I'm picky...really...promise...

;)

milly
12-22-2010, 07:37 AM

Unless you're making OJ, it doesn't usually work too well. Just because they float doesn't mean they bounce.

Look at coconuts. They float, are very buoyant, in fact. But dribbling one on your kitchen floor is out of the question.

listen here smarty pants...I can bounce an orange...maybe not a few feet high or anything, but they bounce...at least a little...or, rather, enough to prove my point...

hmpf

LaurieD
12-22-2010, 07:42 AM
My hubs introduced me to spices, my friend on the East Coast introduced me to online recipes. I can cook now but my hubs and I share the cooking.

He cleans up after cooking/does the dishes.

I handle the rest of the housework, including laundry and the keeping up with the pets.

And for the last 2 years, the mowing of the property has been mine - hubs will work the weedeater every couple of weeks - and I try to keep up with the flower beds. I've also become the pants kicker of storm damage cleanup.

LaurieD
12-22-2010, 07:45 AM

Cherries, grapes, melons, jars of peanut butter - all of these have bounced in my kitchen.

You want sticky? Molasses, maple syrup, jelly, marshmallow cream/fluff, juice, honey.

Stuff that'll stick to the wall for a month? Sliced pickles.

:wag:

Nothing wrong with gummies. Nothing at all.

BeatrixKiddo
12-22-2010, 07:47 AM

Thanks hon. Speaking of gummies, I just saw a commercial recently for a gummie version of a multivitamin. Only real men are brave enough to buy gummie vitamins. :D

I;ve got some coke, that good enough?

the kind that comes in a can. With vanilla. I hasten to add.

Oooo, yes please. I loves me some coke, er...vanilla coke I mean. Reminds me of cream soda which I used to love as a kid. Dang, I feel old now.

slcboston
12-22-2010, 07:51 AM
Cherries, grapes, melons, jars of peanut butter - all of these have bounced in my kitchen.

You want sticky? Molasses, maple syrup, jelly, marshmallow cream/fluff, juice, honey..

I think this says more about your coordination, that all of these things have bounced or fallen in your kitchen, than they do about anything else.

night-flyer
12-22-2010, 07:52 AM

You want sticky? Molasses, maple syrup, jelly, marshmallow cream/fluff, juice, honey.

Stuff that'll stick to the wall for a month? Sliced pickles.

:wag:

Another good reason to be happy that the kids are out of the house...well, were out-my son lost his job and moved in with wife and grandtots, so yeah a lot of food still gets bounced in the kitchen, livingroom, bedrooms....

slcboston
12-22-2010, 07:53 AM
Oooo, yes please. I loves me some coke, er...vanilla coke I mean. Reminds me of cream soda which I used to love as a kid. Dang, I feel old now.

Nope, this is why I drink it. Because finding cans of cream soda anymore has become a bit of a challenge. And because I was in the mood. (Though i was overjoyed a few months back to find the small bottle of cream soda in the grocery store check-out cooler. :D)

I don't think that makes you old, because certainly *I'm* not.

Synonym
12-22-2010, 07:58 AM
Evening everyone. I am pleased to announce that my gymnastic moves from yesterday were not life-threatening. LOL

Apparently my 'modest' exercise routine has been good for something. I'm more limber than I used to be.

I had to go back to that same house today. Believe me, I was very, very careful. :D

night-flyer
12-22-2010, 07:59 AM
A&W makes a cream soda. I buy one once a week at work when we're out of Lipton sweet tea.

BeatrixKiddo
12-22-2010, 08:02 AM
Nope, this is why I drink it. Because finding cans of cream soda anymore has become a bit of a challenge. And because I was in the mood. (Though i was overjoyed a few months back to find the small bottle of cream soda in the grocery store check-out cooler. :D)

I don't think that makes you old, because certainly *I'm* not.

I had an ex who bought cream soda last year while we were dating. Darnit, I knew there was a reason I shouldn't have broken up with him! I can't remember where he bought it. Double darnit!

I prefer a cherry pop addiction these days. Cherry Coke, Cherry Pepsi, Cherry Dr. Pepper... I just realized cherries don't bounce. (well, most of the time) I'm pretty sure they float though.

I'll eat food that bounces and floats! I ain't a'scared ta!

milly
12-22-2010, 08:05 AM
Evening everyone. I am pleased to announce that my gymnastic moves from yesterday were not life-threatening. LOL

Apparently my 'modest' exercise routine has been good for something. I'm more limber than I used to be.

I had to go back to that same house today. Believe me, I was very, very careful. :D

EEK...wow Syn...when I read what had happened I was scared for you and at this time of year...how you holding up with all the holiday rush??

BeatrixKiddo
12-22-2010, 08:05 AM
A&W makes a cream soda. I buy one once a week at work when we're out of Lipton sweet tea.

:eek: What??? How was I not aware of this??? Sweet baby Jesus, how???

Shoot, I need to get to the store tomorrow.

night-flyer
12-22-2010, 08:07 AM

:hi: Syn.

Good to hear. We don't want a broken Syn. That would be :(

night-flyer
12-22-2010, 08:09 AM

It should be right next to the A&W rootbeer. Um...they have been making them forever. Unless we're talking about a different cream soda. :Shrug:

milly
12-22-2010, 08:21 AM
Diet A&W rootbeer is the BOMB!!!!

just sayin...

slcboston
12-22-2010, 08:21 AM
For Bea:

http://i617.photobucket.com/albums/tt254/slcbostonPB/Haz%20Cats/caption-this-picture3.jpg

milly
12-22-2010, 08:22 AM
LMAO

love it...vodka...hehe

slcboston
12-22-2010, 08:23 AM

um, if I'd known you didn't know that, I'd have mentioned it sooner.

A&W isn't the best Cream Soda I've ever had... that would be reserved for something mom brought home once that unfortunately I no longer remember the name of... but it's still quite good.

Walmart carries it, for sure.

night-flyer
12-22-2010, 08:24 AM
That looked like milly, up there, during the weekend.

slcboston
12-22-2010, 08:37 AM
:ROFL:

well, on that note, I am off to bed

:e2yawn:

gnight reppers

BeatrixKiddo
12-22-2010, 08:38 AM
It should be right next to the A&W rootbeer. Um...they have been making them forever. Unless we're talking about a different cream soda. :Shrug:

Actually, I think I do remember. I love rootbeer too, but it's been awhile since I've bought the A&W brand. Sweet, now I have an excuse for another store road trip.

For Bea:

http://i617.photobucket.com/albums/tt254/slcbostonPB/Haz%20Cats/caption-this-picture3.jpg

LOL. If only I drank, that might explain some of my insanity. (Sadly, I'm like this sober) Maybe it's time to start drinking. Throw caution to the wind...see what happens.

Coke and vodka = good times.

milly
12-22-2010, 08:41 AM
I don't drink coke with vodka...so there NF and Bos...hmpf

now, vodka and orange juice...or, er...pink grapefruit, pink lemonade, mixed with light beer and juice for a frozen drink...or, straight up...maybe...but...er...where was I going with this again?

night-flyer
12-22-2010, 08:43 AM
I said it looked like you. doesn't matter what you drink. :tongue:

G'night bos.

BeatrixKiddo
12-22-2010, 08:43 AM
lol. (milly) Getting tipsy already? Night.

Synonym
12-22-2010, 08:46 AM
LOL Milly. Booze. You were discussing booze.

I'm ready for Christmas to be over with. This job really takes the holiday spirit right out of a person. I already got a glimpse of the packages that need to be delivered tomorrow.

Anybody got a trailer I can borrow?

milly
12-22-2010, 08:48 AM
sheesh Syn...I tell ya...I don't envy you right now AT ALL!!!

you'll need a drunk thread visit for sure come Friday night :)

Synonym
12-22-2010, 08:54 AM
Oh yeah. :D If I survive Thursday night that is. I have Friday off this year. Yay!

I've been informed that it's tradition for Girl's Night Out to have a "Misfits" Christmas. Apparently this involves going to the local steak house for a fancy meal and much imbibing of alcoholic beverages. This year, to make it even more special, one of the girl's much-awaited divorce will be final. We're spending the night at a cabin, out in the sticks. Thank God. Nobody around close to call the cops on us. :D

I've volunteered to be the designated driver, since I'm such a light-weight drinker. (comparatively speaking, of course)

night-flyer
12-22-2010, 08:55 AM
My job sucks, but yours really sucks, Syn. At least around the holidays. I feel for ya.

LaurieD
12-22-2010, 08:56 AM
:roll: Captain of the carpet ship...

night-flyer
12-22-2010, 09:06 AM
lol!

Sounds great, Syn. I wish I had a cabin to get drunk in and to write...well maybe not at the same time.

milly
12-22-2010, 09:16 AM
night everyone...see you all later this week...have fun Syn, if that's possible and good luck to everyone with shopping, family, work, etc that is yet to come

night-flyer
12-22-2010, 09:24 AM
:hi: milly. Have a good Christmas if we don't see ya before then. :)

SaraP
12-22-2010, 03:00 PM
Morning Reppers. I see I missed the fun again. *sigh*

Oh well. At least there wasn't much I could add to the convo as I don't like rootbeer and I've never had cream soda.

Hope you feel better soon, Beatrix. :Hug2:

tjwriter
12-22-2010, 06:25 PM
Good morning. I shopped until I dropped yesterday. But I think all the kiddos Christmas is done. I still have some gift cards to get and some cash gifts, but that's about it.

SaraP
12-22-2010, 06:32 PM
:hi: tj.

tjwriter
12-22-2010, 06:45 PM
hello!

slcboston
12-22-2010, 08:11 PM
morning reppers

I have candy. :D

For the holiday, not for right now. I have cookies and fudge for right now. :D

SaraP
12-22-2010, 08:14 PM
*stretches hand*

slcboston
12-22-2010, 08:15 PM
That looked like milly, up there, during the weekend.

I said it looked like you. doesn't matter what you drink. :tongue:

I have never seen Milly *that* inebriated. I've seen plenty of others posting as tipsy myself included as she ever gets, and plenty others who get far worse and still post.

She's not the only drinker in this thread. Just the most open. :e2tongue:

I don't drink coke with vodka...so there NF and Bos...hmpf

I never said you did. I know what you drink. :D

slcboston
12-22-2010, 08:17 PM
*stretches hand*

For PB fudge, or frosted sugar cookies?

SaraP
12-22-2010, 08:19 PM
Both, please. :D

night-flyer
12-23-2010, 12:49 AM
Did someone mention fudge?

I was just funnin' with milly, I'm sure I've been drunker than her several times. :D

LaurieD
12-23-2010, 12:56 AM
I try not to post on AW tipsy anymore.

I wandered into an unfamiliar thread once and offended someone or something... it's all a little fuzzy.

So, I get tipsy and then talk my hubs ear off.

night-flyer
12-23-2010, 01:03 AM
I try not to post on AW tipsy anymore.

I wandered into an unfamiliar thread once and offended someone or something... it's all a little fuzzy.

So, I get tipsy and then talk my hubs ear off.

I don't drink and post. Too bad though because if I did at least that would explain some of my posts. :D

tjwriter
12-23-2010, 01:11 AM
I haven't posted drunk in soooo long.

BeatrixKiddo
12-23-2010, 01:57 AM
Morning Reppers. I see I missed the fun again. *sigh*

Oh well. At least there wasn't much I could add to the convo as I don't like rootbeer and I've never had cream soda.

Hope you feel better soon, Beatrix. :Hug2:

Thanks hon.

For PB fudge, or frosted sugar cookies?

Both, please. :D

^ What she said.

SaraP
12-23-2010, 01:57 AM
I might have posted while tipsy. As for chat... that's another story. :D

Synonym
12-23-2010, 02:58 AM
Thank God I won't be able to post Thursday night. I have a feeling it wouldn't be a good idea. LOL

I have lots of candy if you all want some. People keep leaving it in their mailboxes for me. I'm already candied out. :)

BeatrixKiddo
12-23-2010, 03:45 AM
I want mailbox candy. I hear it's the best kind.

Synonym
12-23-2010, 03:49 AM
Fudge, PB and regular. Chocolate covered peanuts, homemade stuff of all kinds. Chex party mix. Cadbury's chocolate covered cookies. Actually, it's all good but there's too much!

night-flyer
12-23-2010, 06:20 AM
I can take some of that off your hands, Syn. Especially any fudge. :D

Do you eat stuff people made? What if one of their letters were missing sometime during the year, and they wanted to kill the mail person? :scared:
Or is it a small community and you know them?

Eddyz Aquila
12-23-2010, 06:25 AM
Christmas repping!!! Go Santa, dole out some reps for everyone! :D

Synonym
12-23-2010, 06:26 AM
Small towns, tight-knit communities. I've been eating this stuff for nine years, if I was going to piss them off, you'd think I would have done so by now. LOL

It would probably piss them off even more if they had the least suspicion that I wondered about the quality. I've only had one person who's stuff I cheerfully accepted, and later ditched when she'd never know. That lady was a few degrees off plumb. :D

Neurotic
12-23-2010, 06:28 AM
*suddenly wants Syn's job*

Well, I just got my Christmas shopping done. Which was just stocking up on enough groceries to last me through the weekend. We're not doing anything special at all for Christmas. Which I'll admit feels a little strange, but after all the stress around last Christmas is also kind of nice.

Synonym
12-23-2010, 06:30 AM
Half my family is going to be gone, so I'm making chili Saturday and my mom is coming up for lunch. Maybe we'll watch a movie.

night-flyer
12-23-2010, 06:31 AM
My boss called and said our checks came in early, so I just finished with my shopping. I need like two more things to buy and I can do that on my way home from work tomorrow.

Now if only I had enough money left to pay the bills...

Synonym
12-23-2010, 06:41 AM
ugh...bills.

I'm off on Friday. I'll tackle the grocery shopping and pick up a couple of last minute things. :)

night-flyer
12-23-2010, 06:50 AM
Christmas repping!!! Go Santa, dole out some reps for everyone! :D

Thanks Santa, i love Christmas reps!!

Half my family is going to be gone, so I'm making chili Saturday and my mom is coming up for lunch. Maybe we'll watch a movie.

Chili for Christmas? Well, at least you got all of that candy to go with it.:D

Synonym
12-23-2010, 07:01 AM
yeah. And my mom's diabetic, so I'll have to hide it from her.

It was a lot easier to get rid of all of it when the kids still lived at home. LOL

SaraP
12-23-2010, 07:13 AM
*wouldn't mind some candy right now*

:hi:

Synonym
12-23-2010, 07:18 AM
I wouldn't mind sharing. :)

The counter is getting crowded. They're already trying to get us to take home the stuff that's accumulating at work. 0.o

slcboston
12-23-2010, 07:36 AM
Do you eat stuff people made? What if one of their letters were missing sometime during the year, and they wanted to kill the mail person? :scared:

Candy can be tricky to poison because of the high temps you have to cook it at. Of course, you can dust it with things as it sets, of course, or lace it after. And if you....

er, why are you all looking at me like that?

SaraP
12-23-2010, 07:41 AM
And I stretched out my hand at your cookies and fudge and stuff! :eek:

slcboston
12-23-2010, 07:50 AM
Hey, my stuff is safe.

You can tell because I'm eating it, too.

SaraP
12-23-2010, 07:58 AM
So you say! How do I know you didn't give me the special stuff? :eek:

Synonym
12-23-2010, 08:07 AM
I wouldn't trust him Sara. LOL

SaraP
12-23-2010, 08:14 AM
*doesn't*

(Not with the candy anyway.)

slcboston
12-23-2010, 08:16 AM
Fine.

No fudge or cookies for either of you.

Which would be more effective if Syn wasn't sitting on her own gold mine of the stuff.

SaraP
12-23-2010, 08:18 AM
Fine.

Syn, will share with me.

Won't you? :e2cry:

night-flyer
12-23-2010, 09:50 AM
er...I think Syn took her candy and ran.

night-flyer
12-23-2010, 09:53 AM
Candy can be tricky to poison because of the high temps you have to cook it at. Of course, you can dust it with things as it sets, of course, or lace it after. And if you....

er, why are you all looking at me like that?

*makes note not to take candy or cookies from Boston* :eek:

SaraP
12-23-2010, 01:55 PM
Good Morning Reppers.

It's going to be a crazy day today. :animal

Eddyz Aquila
12-23-2010, 03:56 PM
Dear Santa, I just want a six figure contract for my first book.

(reps for you again, Santa was nice :D)

Synonym
12-23-2010, 04:24 PM
Morning everyone.

Anyone wants candy, just come on by. I'm too busy delivering mail to actually send any out. LOL

tjwriter
12-23-2010, 04:52 PM
Good morning, reppers! Nothing says the holidays like last minute shopping.

SaraP
12-23-2010, 06:06 PM
Ah yes. And mine was cut short yet again by a sick kidlet. I am so not liking this. :(

tjwriter
12-23-2010, 06:35 PM
Sick kiddos are not any fun!

slcboston
12-23-2010, 11:15 PM
Ah yes. And mine was cut short yet again by a sick kidlet. I am so not liking this. :(

Well, this sucks. No worse time to be sick, esp if you're a kid. Hopefully she'll be better tomorrow.

I just heard my grandfather's been admitted to the hospital as well. He's 91, so while it's nothing extremely serious at this moment... he's 91, and everything has to be taken seriously. Which means tomorrow morning I drive into town tomorrow and make a visit to the hospital, and say a couple of extra prayers and things.

As holidays go, this is not shaping up to be one of my better ones....

But, all the gifts are wrapped. Only took two hours. (Wrapping stuffed animals that don't have a box is *quite* a challenge, I must say.)

cray
12-23-2010, 11:18 PM
well, they probably won't let me come around tomorrow so,....

happy holidays to all of you dorko rep freaks!
have a safe and enjoyable holiday and best wishes for 2011~
peace.

blurves,

cray

Eddyz Aquila
12-24-2010, 01:11 AM
Happy Holidays everyone! :)

And thanks all for the reppies!

SaraP
12-24-2010, 02:26 AM
Well, this sucks. No worse time to be sick, esp if you're a kid. Hopefully she'll be better tomorrow.

She took a nap and stayed at home while I continued my shopping. She's better now - let's see how long it lasts. ;)

:Hug2: on the grandfather situation. I have one grandpa and 2 grandmas still, so I know what that's like.

And yay for wrapped presents!

Also, Happy Holidays y'all. :)

LaurieD
12-24-2010, 02:32 AM
*spreads around Hope You Feel Better Soon! and Merry Christmas! wishes*

Synonym
12-24-2010, 03:31 AM
Everyone...feel better! It's not fun to be icky right now.

Bos, I'm thinking about your GF. Hopefully, he'll be back home very soon.

:Hug2:

http://i699.photobucket.com/albums/vv356/clb442/smiles_33086268gif.jpg

Wicked
12-24-2010, 03:38 AM
We overdecorated our fat little Christmas tree today. Poor little thing looks like it withstood a tornado at an arts and crafts store.

Thinking I should make some homemade butterscotch, or have the kids help make popcorn balls, so it at least feels like a holiday.

Synonym
12-24-2010, 03:50 AM
That sounds like a plan. We used to make sugar cookies and decorate them. Always a horrible mess, but lots of fun. :)

DeleyanLee
12-24-2010, 04:03 AM
OK, I just got one of the most mega-wonderful treats at work today. And SO super-simple to make--I have to share.

Put tiny pretzels (the traditional shaped kind--not the stick kind) on a cookie-sheet

Place 1 Rollo (brand) candy on each pretzel

Heat at 250 for about 5 minutes until each candy piece is softened but not melting

Press a whole pecan into the softened candy

Allow to cool (though they're really tasty when warm)

Totally wonderful treats. I'm told the hardest thing about them is unwrapping all the Rollos! LOL!

SaraP
12-24-2010, 04:56 AM
I've typed a bunch of different replies and erased them all, because I can't seem to convey what I want. So...

:hi:

And :heart:

Neurotic
12-24-2010, 06:42 AM
And with that, I consider my ORPCC Christmas duties fulfilled.

Have a happy day, tomorrow or the next day, whichever it is wherever you are.

BudBoxer
12-24-2010, 06:58 AM
Presents wrapped, our fat Christmas tree was perfect, until the cat decided to climb it. Now grandma's balls are asunder, the angel's skirt is over her head and the cat is nowhere to be found. As if someone else was responsible.

DeleyanLee
12-24-2010, 07:05 AM
The best part--I can sleep in tomorrow. :D

Night, guys!

slcboston
12-24-2010, 07:15 AM
And with that, I consider my ORPCC Christmas duties fulfilled.

And it was very impressive.

Also somewhat dizzying.

slcboston
12-24-2010, 07:24 AM
Sort of like that Santa smiley. Festive... yet mildly disturbing.

cooeedownunder
12-24-2010, 07:29 AM

cooeedownunder
12-24-2010, 07:41 AM
Have a great xmas everyone. Santa will be here in about 8 hours so I'm out of here, cause I'm told if I am not a good girl he will not be visiting.

night-flyer
12-24-2010, 11:39 AM

I just heard my grandfather's been admitted to the hospital as well. He's 91, so while it's nothing extremely serious at this moment... he's 91, and everything has to be taken seriously. Which means tomorrow morning I drive into town tomorrow and make a visit to the hospital, and say a couple of extra prayers and things.

As holidays go, this is not shaping up to be one of my better ones....

But, all the gifts are wrapped. Only took two hours. (Wrapping stuffed animals that don't have a box is *quite* a challenge, I must say.)

Sorry to hear about your grandfather, praying for him. Hope he's out for Christmas. :Hug2:

BTW: That's what holiday bags are for--stuffed animals and awkward shaped gifts. :D

Sorry about sick kiddo, wishing kidlet a speedy recovery.

Wishing all of you a Merry Christmas!

Cliff Face
12-24-2010, 12:02 PM
5.5 hours till Christmas here. I should really get drunk...

LaurieD
12-24-2010, 05:06 PM
http://smileys.on-my-web.com/repository/Holidays_and_Party/snow-087.gif

Hope you guys all have a great Christmas!

tjwriter
12-24-2010, 07:05 PM
Merry Christmas Eve reppers! We'll be baking cookies and wrapping presents today.

Synonym
12-24-2010, 07:10 PM
http://i699.photobucket.com/albums/vv356/clb442/miscellaneous/ChristmasBlue_hugs_glitter.gif

milly
12-24-2010, 09:30 PM
http://i284.photobucket.com/albums/ll11/fairybloomeel/merry_christmas_everybody.jpg

BeatrixKiddo
12-24-2010, 10:33 PM
well, they probably won't let me come around tomorrow so,....

happy holidays to all of you dorko rep freaks!
have a safe and enjoyable holiday and best wishes for 2011~
peace.

blurves,

cray

http://img704.imageshack.us/img704/1297/il430xn60009174.jpg

...and proud of it. :D

*spreads around Hope You Feel Better Soon! and Merry Christmas! wishes*

Ditto!

SaraP
12-24-2010, 10:40 PM
I'm eating portuguese christmas goodies. :D

Merry Christmas y'all!

slcboston
12-25-2010, 01:06 AM
Happy Holidays Reppers

that is all...

DeleyanLee
12-25-2010, 04:19 AM
Be safe if you're traveling!

http://smileys.on-my-web.com/repository/Holidays_and_Party/xmas-tree-070.gif

BeatrixKiddo
12-25-2010, 04:25 AM
It just started snowing here. Glad I'm not on the road.

night-flyer
12-26-2010, 02:46 AM
Our Christmas ended up being in the fifties with lots of sunshine. :Shrug:

SaraP
12-26-2010, 02:53 AM
Hello Reppers!

I hope everyone is enjoying their Christmas! I have hubby and the kidlets in bed, sleeping and now I have the whole night to AW at will. I iz happy. :D

night-flyer
12-26-2010, 02:56 AM
:hi: Sara, in bed? What time is it there? It's 5 p.m. here. Hope you and the family had a Merry Christmas. :)

SaraP
12-26-2010, 03:04 AM
It's past 11pm here. :)

night-flyer
12-26-2010, 03:15 AM
Your Christmas is over, then? I hope you and your family had a really good one. What's the weather like there?

SaraP
12-26-2010, 03:23 AM
Cold. :D

It's rained for the most part of yesterday and today, and it's really, really cold.

DeleyanLee
12-26-2010, 03:28 AM
We got about 2" of snow overnight. Very glad that we didn't have to travel at all.

It was a good day. Dinner was prime rib roast, fancy jello salad, baked potatoes and candied yams, veggies, wine and/or really really alcoholic egg nog. Now we're watching the "Merry Mythbusters Marathon". Is good stuff.

Hope everyone else is having a good day!

night-flyer
12-26-2010, 03:31 AM
Bummer, Sara!! If it was going to be cold, it could've at least snowed for Christmas, instead of raining. Who wants Christmas rain?

DeleyanLee
12-26-2010, 03:33 AM
Bummer, Sara!! If it was going to be cold, it could've at least snowed for Christmas, instead of raining. Who wants Christmas rain?

I'd much rather have rain than snow--particularly if I have to drive in it. Well, even if I don't have to drive in it. Rain means it's warm, which means that my knees don't hurt. ;)

night-flyer
12-26-2010, 03:51 AM
I don't like the snow either, but for Christmas eve night and Christmas morning, it's pretty cool. As long as it goes away after that and I don't have to drive in it. :D

DeleyanLee
12-26-2010, 03:54 AM
Snow for Christmas is as overhyped as Santa and shopping--but I'm a Scrooge, so that shouldn't surprise anyone.

I'm 50 and only about 15 Christmases have had snow--most of them during my childhood, so my memory of snow on Christmas is open the presents, eat breakfast and shovel/salt the walks before any pressie could be enjoyed. Sometimes dinner was ready by the time we got in from shoveling.

Nope, not a big fan.

night-flyer
12-26-2010, 04:07 AM
Well, if you put it that way, no wonder. :D I like watching the kids build snowmen and have fun in it. I prefer to stay indoors and watch from a window. :P I'm a wimp when it comes to the cold crap. :D We've had several white Christmas' and it's really pretty late at night on Christmas eve. Of course, I don't have to shovel my drive either, usually the sun melts it the next day.

Neurotic
12-26-2010, 04:14 AM
*thinks hard*

Nope. I've never had a white Christmas. Which stands to reason, being in the southern hemisphere and all. But I always liked summer Christmas anyway. We still got to check off all the same deadly sins, then go for a swim in the afternoon.

night-flyer
12-26-2010, 04:23 AM

Hmm...Christmas in summer. I can't even imagine that. You could bbq for Christmas, :D.

SaraP
12-26-2010, 04:32 AM
I have been Christmas repping and PM'ing - my fingers hurt. :D

Oh and on the white Christmas thing: I had seen snow before we moved to the US, but it was old and frozen. On out first Christmas there, we woke to find everything covered in white, so it was really like the first time. Just made the whole thing extra magical.

night-flyer
12-26-2010, 04:51 AM
I think everyone should experience at least one white Christmas.

I had Fruit loops for Christmas dinner. :( It was fruity delicious, though. :D

Neurotic
12-26-2010, 04:54 AM

Hmm...Christmas in summer. I can't even imagine that. You could bbq for Christmas, :D.

Christmas dinner here still tends to be ham and roast birds and stuff. Although often it's accompanied by salads instead of hot vegetables and gravy.

New Years, on the other hand, is a huge day for barbecues. :)

night-flyer
12-26-2010, 04:59 AM
That's cool. I'm from Texas, so every occasion in the summer is used as an excuse for a barbeque. Not that anyone here needs a reason, if the sun is shining-someone is barbequing :D

Neurotic
12-26-2010, 05:03 AM
It's usually the same here as well. In the summer, the only excuse we need for a barbecue is if it's a day ending in 'y'. Except for Christmas. Maybe we're still just a smidge too English.

night-flyer
12-26-2010, 05:06 AM
No such thing as too English. ;)

Besides, your Christmas dinner sounds a lot like American Christmas dinners.

Neurotic
12-26-2010, 05:31 AM
I don't know about no such thing as too English. Steak and kidney pie scares me a little. :D

Wikipedia tells me you Americans haven't strayed too far from your colonial heritage either when it comes to Christmas dinner. I suppose there are worse things you could have held on to.

night-flyer
12-26-2010, 05:38 AM
Yeah, that kidney pie thing sounds a little disgusting, :eek: Frankly so does Blood pudding. Which is not pudding at all, not like what we call pudding. But I've seen some food posted on the forum from England that looks pretty tasty and I wouldn't mind trying some day.

night-flyer
12-26-2010, 05:44 AM
Going to watch movies now. Bye reppers. :)

Merry Christmas!!

SaraP
12-26-2010, 05:52 AM
We have a blood rice here. :D

Neurotic
12-26-2010, 07:03 AM
Blood rice? The mind boggles. *googles*

Huh. You know, I'd try it. I'll try almost anything that doesn't still have its head attached, or that won't wriggle in my mouth.

SaraP
12-26-2010, 07:16 AM
The flavor is a little strong for my liking so I can't have too much of it, but it's not too bad, actually.

Neurotic
12-26-2010, 07:26 AM
As in it tastes strongly of blood? The recipe I saw looked like it would be, but recipes often surprise me. Still, I think it's the sort of thing I'd want to make sure I had a back-up dinner around for before trying. ;)

I'm actually kind of curious now. It's probably lucky the husband is even more ready to try new things than I am. Except I have no idea where one would go about getting blood around here.

SaraP
12-26-2010, 07:34 AM
Our butchers sell it. And the strong taste comes from the large amount of vinegar that is used so the blood won't curdle (clot?) while it cooks.

Neurotic
12-26-2010, 07:41 AM
Huh. I wondered what the vinegar was for. That makes sense.

A lot of butchers here don't get whole animals. I think if I wanted to try it I'd have to go out to a country butcher. Even so I'm not sure they've be able to help. Maybe if they did homekill stuff.

It's hard to get your hands on anything outside ordinary steak and chops and roasts and sausages. We've got squeamish and picky, and a lot of stuff people used to eat (like hearts and livers) are almost exclusively sold as dog food.

SaraP
12-26-2010, 07:48 AM
I think one of the reasons why we still sell it is precisely due to the popularity of blood rice.

Anyway, time for me to hit the sack. Nite, nite, reppers.

:e2yawn:

And good morning to you, Neuro. :)

night-flyer
12-26-2010, 08:35 AM
Our butchers sell it. And the strong taste comes from the large amount of vinegar that is used so the blood won't curdle (clot?) while it cooks.

:eek:

I don't think I could eat anything where the recipe involves a bowl of blood. I find this a bit disturbing. :eek:

Synonym
12-26-2010, 09:12 AM
I can understand why, in the deep, dark past people would eat anything that offered nourishment. Thank God I don't have to do that. ewwwwwww.

SaraP
12-26-2010, 02:14 PM
I wonder what the people of old would think of Twinkies. :roll:

Neurotic
12-26-2010, 02:25 PM
I wouldn't be surprised if most of what we eat today made them ill.

*rolls, tittering, in a giant pile of twinkie wrappers*

Neurotic
12-26-2010, 03:19 PM
You know, I'm seriously considering taking a train across the US next year instead of flying. Sure it'd take like a month*, but if I got a room the cost would be only a little more than flying. And I've never been to the States, so it might be interesting to see a little, even if it is blurring by and through a train window.

* Possible exaggeration on my part.

SaraP
12-26-2010, 03:30 PM
That sounds really neat. I wouldn't mind doing it.

Synonym
12-26-2010, 05:32 PM
I have to warn you guys that travel by train in the States is a little more difficult than it is in Europe. And expensive! When it comes to planes, trains and automobiles--trains came in last. I understand that it's easier on the East coast to take a train, but getting across country is a little more restricted.

SaraP
12-26-2010, 05:39 PM
*curses at gas-dependent country*

Synonym
12-26-2010, 05:41 PM
You could try a horse or walking. LOL

SaraP
12-26-2010, 05:53 PM
Walking? :scared:

Synonym
12-26-2010, 06:06 PM
Heh. I didn't say it would be fast. :)

Neurotic
12-26-2010, 07:39 PM
I have to warn you guys that travel by train in the States is a little more difficult than it is in Europe. And expensive! When it comes to planes, trains and automobiles--trains came in last. I understand that it's easier on the East coast to take a train, but getting across country is a little more restricted.

Oh, I know it's not so simple as it would be to hop onto a flight. But the looking into it I've done tells me it should be within my acceptable limits. More expensive, granted, but there are trains which will go from where I'll be landing to somewhere I can be picked up from. Well, with a train change in Chicago.

Synonym
12-26-2010, 10:17 PM
It's possible, just I don't know...difficult? I've thought about taking a train across country, (actually the ex wanted to), once we looked into the costs it didn't have quite the appeal. Granted, we live here and if we really wanted to 'see' a particular part of the country we could have driven most places.

The Grand Canyon. That's worth seeing. Rocky Mountains are beautiful, especially in early Summer.

milly
12-27-2010, 01:43 AM
Merry Day After Christmas Reppers :)

SaraP
12-27-2010, 02:15 AM
:hi: Milly.

milly
12-27-2010, 02:35 AM
Hi Sara!

don't you need about 71 more posts here in the net few days? :)

SaraP
12-27-2010, 02:45 AM
Yes!

*posts*

Synonym
12-27-2010, 02:47 AM
Milly, Sara! You survived! Yay. :snoopy:

Holidays can be a little much, right?

milly
12-27-2010, 02:58 AM
a little...sheesh, I've already stabbed the heel of my foot with the hard plastic leg of a tyrannosaurus rex, fallen after trying to pump up a Toy Story inflatable bouncy house that my girls got from the in-laws, and had to change AWFUL diapers from where my youngest is getting over all the candy/strange food we had at my parents house last night

so yes...a little much...hehe

(worth it?? TOTALLY!!!!)

Synonym
12-27-2010, 03:03 AM
oh dear, I'd kind of forgotten about the next day's diaper thing. Pheww. Glad I'm not babysitting today. :)

milly
12-27-2010, 03:16 AM
oh, seriously...and she's potty training which means if I don't get to her fast...the diaper comes off before I get there and THAT is really a disaster

hehe

ah, the joys of small children...

SaraP
12-27-2010, 03:21 AM
Christmas is a much tamer experience here than it is for you guys. We did the same thing this year I've basically done all my life, with the exception I got to hold a 12-day old baby this time. :D

DeleyanLee
12-27-2010, 03:29 AM
I'm so very glad that I've totally forgotten the diaper challenges and haven't gotten to the grandparent diaper-duties yet. LOL!

Christmas here is like most holidays--sleep in, be lazy until it's time to make/eat dinner, do dishes, be lazy until we go to sleep.

Just my kind of holiday.

night-flyer
12-27-2010, 03:44 AM
:hi: reppers. :)

SaraP
12-27-2010, 04:11 AM
Hi Del, NF. :hi:

night-flyer
12-27-2010, 04:20 AM
Hi, Sara. I can see that you are still sparkling even after all the holiday trauma cheer.

SaraP
12-27-2010, 04:34 AM
Always. :)

night-flyer
12-27-2010, 04:48 AM
Well, if you can get though the holidays and still sparkle, then you are a stronger unicorn than I...well, you're stronger than me. lol

DeleyanLee
12-27-2010, 04:50 AM
I'm not sure "stronger" is the word I'd use, but we'll run with it. ;)

SaraP
12-27-2010, 04:52 AM

Synonym
12-27-2010, 05:10 AM
I think she's giddy with glitter. LOL

SaraP
12-27-2010, 05:11 AM
*hick*

milly
12-27-2010, 05:16 AM
hey Del, NF, Sara

Glad to see you all have survived...and yes Del, be glad you haven't hit diaper duty yet...at least this go around anyways

DeleyanLee
12-27-2010, 05:17 AM
Oh, it's different when you're the Grandma. You can hand the kid back to the folks and have THEM do it. :D

Synonym
12-27-2010, 05:18 AM
Unless they drop them off and run while your back is turned...:D

DeleyanLee
12-27-2010, 05:20 AM
Then it's your fault for opening the door (or giving them a key to the house) ;)

night-flyer
12-27-2010, 05:26 AM
I have a T-shirt that says, "I childproofed my house, but they still keep getting back in."

Synonym
12-27-2010, 05:29 AM
Well gee, it's hard to resist those little sad faces standing at the door...LOL

DeleyanLee
12-27-2010, 05:46 AM
Yeah, but you'd think your kids would grow out of that at some point, wouldn't you? ;)

Synonym
12-27-2010, 05:47 AM
Nah, never. :D

SaraP
12-27-2010, 05:50 AM
I have a T-shirt that says, "I childproofed my house, but they still keep getting back in."

:ROFL:

night-flyer
12-27-2010, 05:52 AM
Hide behind the furniture and turn the lights out. Eventually, they'll go away...unless they're like my kids.

slcboston
12-27-2010, 07:07 AM
Greetings Reppers

Happy Post-holidays for those that do... Happy Boxing Day for anyone who might still be celebrating it and still on Sunday...

Christmas was fun, but *insane*. Cooking a feast for almost a dozen people was a little nerve-wracking, but it all came out great. Only we forgot the whip cream for the pie, but that was a small thing.

milly
12-27-2010, 07:09 AM
gnight reppers...glad everyone's holiday went well

now, back to the grind...

:sleepy:

(oh, and we have two new smileys in case you didn't notice...I can think of one AWer who'll be really happy about one of them...hehe)

night-flyer
12-27-2010, 07:13 AM
G'night, milly.

New smileys?? Cool!

SaraP
12-27-2010, 07:14 AM
:chair

:animal

night-flyer
12-27-2010, 07:20 AM
Ooooh! New smileys!! :hooray: I like the under the chair one, I can use that one in the horror thread...not that, that would save me.

sadron
12-27-2010, 02:55 PM
Hello reppers!

SaraP
12-27-2010, 06:08 PM
Seconded!

milly
12-27-2010, 11:15 PM
Hi Sadron! Haven't seen you around in a while :)

glad to have you back

sadron
12-27-2010, 11:23 PM
Yeah, sorry about that. I've been busy with stuff. Study and writing.

slcboston
12-27-2010, 11:36 PM
afternoon reppers...

is it just me, or does it seem like Christmas takes forever to get here and then *BOOM* it's over and done with all too soon?

I don't remember it being quite like this before, so maybe I am just getting old.

DeleyanLee
12-28-2010, 01:51 AM
It's because you're doing the prep-work, the reveal and the clean-up around the holiday instead of just waiting for it and playing with all the stuff you got.

Two different perspectives, hon. Nothing to do with age.

BeatrixKiddo
12-28-2010, 03:45 AM
afternoon reppers...

is it just me, or does it seem like Christmas takes forever to get here and then *BOOM* it's over and done with all too soon?

I don't remember it being quite like this before, so maybe I am just getting old.

Evenin' reppers.

It's not just you. I felt the same way Sunday.

SaraP
12-28-2010, 04:53 AM
Christmas kinda passed me by. Again. I don't like it that way as much.

Synonym
12-28-2010, 04:59 AM
It was an odd Christmas for me this year. Actually, I couldn't wait for it to be over.

night-flyer
12-28-2010, 05:01 AM
:hi: reppers. Yep,takes me forever to prepare for Christmas, planning, shopping, lists, food, cleaning--and in one day, it's over, and the house is messier than before. But it was fun...

milly
12-28-2010, 05:02 AM
I'm just gearing up for New Years....woohoo

PARTAY!!!!

Synonym
12-28-2010, 05:05 AM
I've already got a room booked. Well, two actually. Girls Night Out is taking the show on the road. One poor husband along to dance with us and drive, the rest of that town won't know what's hit them. :D

night-flyer
12-28-2010, 05:08 AM
:( I'm off the day before New Years, but the stupid boss scheduled me for six in the morning on New Year's Day. l guess I'll just stay home and have a glass of wine before I go to bed.

milly
12-28-2010, 05:10 AM
I've already got a room booked. Well, two actually. Girls Night Out is taking the show on the road. One poor husband along to dance with us and drive, the rest of that town won't know what's hit them. :D

oooh, can I come along??

milly
12-28-2010, 05:11 AM
:( I'm off the day before New Years, but the stupid boss scheduled me for six in the morning on New Year's Day. l guess I'll just stay home and have a glass of wine before I go to bed.

That stinks NF...you at least have off New Year's night?

Synonym
12-28-2010, 05:13 AM
The more the merrier Milly. Should I book another room? :D

night-flyer
12-28-2010, 05:18 AM
That stinks NF...you at least have off New Year's night?

Yeah, but all of the parties are the night before, no one cares about New Year's night...

DeleyanLee
12-28-2010, 05:18 AM
My daughter's off to Puerto Rico for the New Year's (and her best friend's wedding). I'll hate her tremendously if she doesn't bring back some warmth in her extra suitcase.

I'm just happy for the extra day off, honestly. I go to bed the same time as always--especially since we've moved to a neighborhood that doesn't shoot off rifles at the crack of midnight.

Synonym
12-28-2010, 05:21 AM
The rifle stuff would make me a tad bit nervous.

What goes up, must come down. :(

milly
12-28-2010, 05:23 AM
rifles at midnight?

*makes note to avoid New Years with Del*

DeleyanLee
Something like that. And in a Detroit suburb, it's doubly nervous-making.

milly
Yeah, but all of the parties are the night before, no one cares about New Year's night...

I care...ummm, want me to come here and hang out with you to have our own little party?