Reaction score
Did ya'll know they have interwebs during flights now? :hi:

Cella

Cella
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Did ya'll know they have interwebs during flights now? :hi:
Hi Fenika--if we haven't been introduced yet, I'm Cella, nice to meet you.

Now, as far as your post is concerned....what?

Fenika

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Hi Fenika--if we haven't been introduced yet, I'm Cella, nice to meet you.

Now, as far as your post is concerned....what?

Hallo Cella. I saw you somewhere- royals thread maybe. But yes, hallo. Nice to meet you.

And that last post of mine was from about 30,000 feet, somewhere over Maryland. I'm now far more grounded and ready for bed.

Cella

Cella
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
ahh! I see, that makes more sense now :)

get some rest.

Did they have trick or treating on the plane?

Cella

Cella
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
it's 11:30 here....if that helps?

what are you going to be now?

psst...I've got some great suggestions from Miss Syn....

slcboston

Pasture-ized
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
funny you should mention that...

I was thinking of returning to the picasso camel. I;ve been sheepish for a bit now, and was thinking it might be time to return to the camel for a bit.

I could take things in a new direction.... but as I've come to establish a sort of identity around those two particular AV motifs...

any suggestions?

(and do I even want to know what Syn thinks? :D)

Cella

Cella
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
hmmm...it would help if I knew why you were a sheep / camel in the first place???

slcboston

Pasture-ized
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
oh, well...

once upon a time, someone remarked that "slc" should stand for "silly looking camel" ... or maybe it was "little"... but either way.

So for quite some time, I was a camel.

Then someone said something about camels being desert sheep - which, incidentally, I've never actually verified, so from there it just kind of segued.

At least, that's the short version. But I have this very nice AV of the Picasso camel done in red. :)

Cella

Cella
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
OO! Yay for me!

I've got some posting to do if I'm gonna catch you, though...

Cella

Cella
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Well, I've seen the sheep, not the camel though....so, that's my vote ;)

Cella

Cella
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Rambo sheep?

Methinks I'd like that one.....or did you know that? :D

(it's nothing to do with Stallone, can't really stand him....just really liked the movie)

slcboston

Pasture-ized
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
well, he looks more like a Rambo II sheep than First Blood... but I was thinking of going back to that one anyway :)

Cella

Cella
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Bos, are you doing this NaNoWriMo thing?

I get the feeling that you just write as the motivation strikes, regardless, but just wondering....

Cella

Cella
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
(that reppie should have gone here--good thing I didn't mix them up entirely, LOL!)

I had a muse once...someone killed it. Or at least suffocated it---it might be slowly recouping though....it is Halloween, right? although, I don't want a zombie muse......

weird....:(

DeleyanLee

Writing Anarchist
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
yup, entirely a slave to the muse.

The entire concept behind Nano befuddles me :D

There's several concepts behind NaNo, from those people who worship at its altar have told me.

1. It gives those people who always say "I want to write a novel" one less excuse not to do it.

2. It gives those writers who want a kick in the pants and get writing again an excuse to do it.

3. It gives college students an excuse to blow off midterms, studying and other assignments.

4. It gives writers a chance to socialize with other writers while striving toward a writing goal.

5. It gives writers an opportunity to learn how fast they can write and what quality they get when they do write that fast.

6. "It's addicting."

And there's probably a few more, but those are the ones I've heard.

I did it last year for reason #2. It did get me writing again, which was nice. I didn't like it because the push for word count and only word count is one of those things a writer can get "addicted" to and forget the other things that are necessary for a good story. (Been there, done that, recycled the t-shirt.) It gives people a mindset that slopping down any set of words onto the page counts as good writing, which I don't agree with. I mean, what's the point of writing 50K or so and then having to completely rewrite every word because they suck? Just seems like more work to me, but many people seem to like it.

NaNo has built into a massive social function for writers and the writing minded, though (even though their website is one of the slowest things on the internet during Nov). I wasn't too impressed with my local NaNo opportunities last year, but I understand good friendships and even marriages have come out of other groups.

For those who like it, it's great. I understand the mindset. I've just learned that I don't really agree with it much.

Cella

Cella
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
It gives people a mindset that slopping down any set of words onto the page counts as good writing, which I don't agree with. I mean, what's the point of writing 50K or so and then having to completely rewrite every word because they suck? Just seems like more work to me, but many people seem to like it.

I've thought this myself. November is just so terribly busy as it is, I can only think that December would be a worse month to try and get MORE done. But like you said, people like all kinds of things and that's fine. At least it offers some kind of structure with a short term goal, right? :D

Status
Not open for further replies.