Status
Not open for further replies.

Cella

Cella
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
hmm, no grits yet cella.

I posted it somewhere but here's s'more:)

grits.jpg

Cella

Cella
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
hee hee hee

YAY! *clicky bloggie*

DeleyanLee

Writing Anarchist
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
HAPPY CAMEL DAY!!!

*sneaks back to her room to continue sleeping off her cold now that her weekly duty is done

DeleyanLee

Writing Anarchist
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Thanks. It's just my annual cold, but it really seemed to hit hard this year. Even had to take yesterday off work, just to be miserable. Total unfair usage of a day off, y'know?

slcboston

Pasture-ized
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
well, at least is was a cold, and not the dreaded swine flu. We've got some cases in the schools here, and let me tell you, I'm trying not to give in to the hype and all...

but it's disconcerting they're being so slow with the vaccine.

Cella

Cella
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
are you getting the vaccine?

slcboston

Pasture-ized
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I won't be, no, but I will make sure my daughter does - IF it ever becomes available around here. she's already had her yearly flu shot courtesy of the school, and they are trying to become a distribution point for the H1N1 shot .... but that requires having the vaccine in hand.

Cella

Cella
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
i have mixed feeling on it for us.

he's so young and we're not around other kids too much, so I think we may pass on it. If he were in school though, it would be a different matter.

slcboston

Pasture-ized
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I figure if it becomes available, I'd just as soon she has it rather than not. Same reason she gets her flu shot every year. I'd rather take the preventative step than have her sick.

Especially after last year, when she didn't get her shot, and was sick twice. Not fun.

DeleyanLee

Writing Anarchist
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
We've got H1N1 in our neighborhood too. Someone my daughter works with, it's gone through her entire family and, while it was hard to shake, coworker says that it was pretty much like any other flu and she doesn't understand what the big deal was. Only difference, she said, was that the boss didn't argue about her not coming in like they do when it's the normal flu.

As a health-care worker, if the vaccine gets here, I'll probably get one because it's noted if you don't. Otherwise, I probably wouldn't.

LaurieD

aka Skwirrel
Registered
Reaction score
Website
lauriedalzell.weebly.com
The medical community is a bit of a soapbox for me, but keeping it simple, I'm leary of anything that is considered "standard treatment" and used as blanket treatment for the community in general -- past lessons learned and whatnot.

slcboston

Pasture-ized
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I don't intend to bother with it for me, either. :)

But my little one's a different story.

It's probably moot. I expect if she's going to get it she'll get it before the vaccine becomse available anyway.

Cella

Cella
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I have a friend who is pregnant, well, they all are, but they're getting the shot b/c there have been many preg. women who have died from this H1N1 thing.

Cella

Cella
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I've skipped on a couple. He'll get them later, I just didn't think he needed them w/in the first 24hrs of life.

LaurieD

aka Skwirrel
Registered
Reaction score
Website
lauriedalzell.weebly.com
Our school had a policy in effect when H1N1 first hit our area -- any student with any unexplained cough, sneeze, stomach upset, sore throat, and/or fever was to stay home from school until they were 24 hours without symptoms. Any siblings of any suspected infected students were to stay home as well.

About a month later, when my Ms. Girl came down with whatever flu went through the school last month they had removed the policy because by the time anyone exhibits flu symptoms they've been contagious for at least 24 hours before the symptoms appeared.

And as the receptionist said, everybody's pretty much been exposed to it already. (It's a rather small school)

Status
Not open for further replies.