Obsessive Rep Point Checkers Club, v2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cella

Cella
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I loved the new star treck, although I don't remember any of the old ones....

Cella

Cella
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
it falls into the cliche of "if you have a time warp you don't have to explain anything", but it was really enjoyable.

slcboston

Pasture-ized
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Most of the time as long as it doesn't insult my intelligence, enjoyable entertainment is all I'm looking for from my movies.

That and an excuse for :popcorn:

DeleyanLee

Writing Anarchist
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I've not seen the new one at all, at least not yet. I heard good things, but that's the best I can say. :D

See it. Seriously. I'm a first generation ST fan. I remember the first time Shatner's voice came over the speaker with "Space: The final frontier". I was 5 years old. I LOVE this new movie. It is insanely wonderful. I've already preordered the Blu-Ray DVD. Total tribute to the original series while completely rebooting it to go in new directions.

slcboston

Pasture-ized
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
*adds to list*

... course, it's a long list with lots on it. I haven't even made the switch to Blu-ray yet. heck, I don't even have a proper flat screen....

*sigh*

Someday...

Cella

Cella
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
we got netflix and I am SO sick of movies! I don't want to watch another one for a long time----

slcboston

Pasture-ized
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
ah, I could never tire of movies. I am an avowed cinefile and at one point had a *massive* DVD collection when I was overseas. I love films, some for different reasons than others, and honestly if I could I'd have my own home theater.

Cella

Cella
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
i guess i'm just tired of spending the time to watch them when so many, at least that we seem to rent, at not that good.

right now I'd like to work on my writing--and of course talking to you folks ;)

slcboston

Pasture-ized
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
ahh... I understand that. One of the reasons I enjoy my sattelite's provider current promotion is that I don't have to *rent* movies - or go to much expense at all. Granted, it's on the tv and thus not widescreen and all, but there isn't that disappointment that comes from going "I rented *that*?"

:D

Cella

Cella
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
yeah. I seem to have my favorites that I'll watch over and over again. the new ones are like meeting new people--it takes more effort and I'm not always in the mood for all that, lol.

DeleyanLee

Writing Anarchist
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I prefer free movies, but I'll more likely rent one than try something I'm not sure about at the theater. If I've rented it, then we've all sitting there for one price and if it sucks dirty duck butt, we can just shut it off and enjoy kvetching about it for a while. If we're at the theater, there's more social impetus for sitting through it--not to mention spending more money to have your brain/eyeballs melted.

slcboston

Pasture-ized
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Yeah, not to mention I tend to be picky.

Nothing worse than having someone recommend a movie to you and then it turns out not be worth all the hype. Which is why half the time I try and ignore the hype - less disappointment that way.

Of course, even when you are picky sometimes your trusted actors/directors etc will still manage to let you down.

Cella

Cella
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
right again, Bos....

ETA:

I just always feel bad for all those people who worked so hard on something that endedup sucking.......

slcboston

Pasture-ized
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Oh good lord yes.

Worse still, they have to go and promote it, and you know they're aware of just how much it sucked.

Then again, I don't feel too sorry. As Michael Cain once said about "Jaws IV": he'd never seen it, but he had seen the house it built, and it was a nice house. :D

Cella

Cella
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
hey! who took my coffee? that was the last of the grounds!

DeleyanLee

Writing Anarchist
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I just always feel bad for all those people who worked so hard on something that endedup sucking.......

But, then again, you've got to admire those people who realize that it sucks and it's obvious they're still having a GREAT time with it.

Cella

Cella
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Oh good.

what about cream, though?

Cella

Cella
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
it's strange, with coffee and even wine, I find the more/longer I drink it, the less sweet I like it.....hmmmmm

ETA:

Actually, the woman at the winery said that it was my tastebuds "maturing" and I thought that was just a clever way of telling me she didn't need to see my ID. :( first time I wasn't carded.....very sad.

LaurieD

aka Skwirrel
Registered
Reaction score
Website
lauriedalzell.weebly.com
Have discovered some terribly sad, tragic news this past year.

Coffee does bad things to me.

*sigh*

I find myself with a cup of hot green tea every morning.

Sad, sad, sad...

slcboston

Pasture-ized
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
iActually, the woman at the winery said that it was my tastebuds "maturing" and I thought that was just a clever way of telling me she didn't need to see my ID. :( first time I wasn't carded.....very sad.

Yeah, I had that happen at the local store, where the sign prominently said "We card EVERYONE."

Might have been my taste in beverages, though. Not a lot of kids going out to get buzzed on local brews and European imports.

But it was probably just that I'm getting old. :D

Cella

Cella
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Plus, I would think that if you show up already drunk then they should just assume that you've already been checked out, ya know?

Like a pass....

Status
Not open for further replies.