PDA

View Full Version : Obsessive Rep Point Checkers Club, v2

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 [41] 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76

slcboston
04-22-2010, 09:57 PM
What's the brand? Being that both girls are half Asian...that's exactly how my Little One's hair is too, but it holds clips fairly well. We need to do conditioner of some sort though b/c just shampoo isn't working. I'm thinking of the tangle-no-more or something - some spray my mom used to use on us that you put on after the bath.

Suave for Kids. Comes in this pink bottle (well, so does the strawberry bath wash in the same brand... in fact they're both in the same shape bottle, one of those easy to hold things) and I've been really impressed with it. Plus it's reasonably inexpensive.

We tried it primarily bcs she liked it bcs it was pink, and bcs I liked it for the conditioner. And it's worked. I've stopped having to add straight conditioner to her hair, and that was even with swim lessons twice a week and the pool in her hair. With lessons over it's made brushing her hair easier and less painful for both of us.

tjwriter
04-22-2010, 09:57 PM
We got arguments, too.

Right now, they start with, "I TOLD you..."

We've been having some discussions about manner and how we talk to other people at our house lately.

slcboston
04-22-2010, 09:59 PM
Example: Dinner time on Sunday, at her Aunt's. Food's out, people are loading up their plates.

... starting to wonder if somehow our little one's are related, even though I know they are not.

:roll:

Damn near verbatim of some of the conversations around here lately.

Alpha Echo
04-22-2010, 10:00 PM
Suave for Kids.

You've sold me. I'm gonna give it a shot.

We got arguments, too.

Right now, they start with, "I TOLD you..."

We've been having some discussions about manner and how we talk to other people at our house lately.

That sounds so familiar....

Alpha Echo
04-22-2010, 10:02 PM
... starting to wonder if somehow our little one's are related, even though I know they are not.

Damn near verbatim of some of the conversations around here lately.

Well, that makes me feel a bit better, actually. Part of me was so shocked the first time she snapped like that! Where did you learn to speak to adults that way?

I like being a part of mommy/daddy conversations - and not from the kid's POV anymore. :)

tjwriter
04-22-2010, 10:06 PM
Suave for Kids. Comes in this pink bottle (well, so does the strawberry bath wash in the same brand... in fact they're both in the same shape bottle, one of those easy to hold things) and I've been really impressed with it. Plus it's reasonably inexpensive.

That's what we use as well. Then a little spritz of detangler as they get out of the tub and it seems to work well.

slcboston
04-22-2010, 10:14 PM
Well, that makes me feel a bit better, actually. Part of me was so shocked the first time she snapped like that! Where did you learn to speak to adults that way?

Some of it is just the age, I think, or age range rather... and some of it here is just situational/cultural, where "no" doesn't seem to get accepted without it being forceful and emphatic, so it's no wonder she's gets a little frustrated when she has to keep saying it over and over.

I do try and emphasize the need to be polite, but there are times - esp lately with the other side of her relatives (i.e. the non-American ones) where I just want to say, "Look, you asked her once, she said 'no', now stop pushing the issue."

Which I can't. In part bcs there's a language barrier. :D

(and the other part is her mother does it to her, and then wonders why she snaps? go figure :rolleyes: )

Alpha Echo
04-22-2010, 10:19 PM
I understand, but for mine, a lot of the problem is that her mother does anything she asks, gives her anything she wants, and doesn't make her work for anything.

In short, she's completely spoiled. To the point of ridiculousness.

She has chores with us. She's expected to do things for herself or at the very least TRY. She can do it. Like the bath - she's done it before w/o problems. But usually on a day where she came from her mother's, like yesterday...it's a struggle. She's allowed no indepenence there.

Midnight Star
04-22-2010, 10:24 PM
*waves*

I've just had a lot of caffeine!!! Can you tell?????

tjwriter
04-22-2010, 10:25 PM
I think you need a few more exclamation points.

Midnight Star
04-22-2010, 10:27 PM
Okay!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Better??????

Ohhh I love being on a caffeine rush. Any second now, it will probably crash....but it's soooo fun!!!!

Alpha Echo
04-22-2010, 10:27 PM
I wish caffeine had done that to me today!

Hey midnight!

Midnight Star
04-22-2010, 10:30 PM
It only takes two cokes for me to get like this.

And only one cup of coffee any other day.

I'll probably end up drinking more coke eventually today.

Wow I'm getting the 30-second error message with almost every post because I can type so fast. Haha.

Alpha Echo
04-22-2010, 10:31 PM
Caffeine never does that to me. My 2-4 huge cups of daily coffee (basically, a pot) just make me feel human.

Midnight Star
04-22-2010, 10:32 PM
It doesn't take a lot of caffeine to make me like this, as mentioned above. I think it may all just be in my head, though.

DeleyanLee
04-22-2010, 10:43 PM
My daughter also has the fine hair, but hers isn't thick. I thought she was going to look like she was bald her entire life. She was almost 5--almost starting kindergarten--before she didn't look bald. But she's half-Black, so her hair's got that kink to it. Lots of fun.

Now that she's 24, she's got 3-4 different types of hair stuff she has to choose from, depending on humidity, etc. Count yourselves lucky.

And I have to severely limit my caffine. Nothing past about 10:30 or I seriously won't sleep that night. I used to go through 2-4 liters of Mt Dew a day, when I was younger. Those days are LONG gone.

Midnight Star
04-22-2010, 10:45 PM
I can have caffeine ten minutes before I go to bed and I can still sleep soundly. It doesn't bother my sleep habits at all. It just makes me very hyper while I'm awake. :D

Alpha Echo
04-22-2010, 10:52 PM
Caffeine before bed never bothers me, but it's not a problem anyway. I usually have a glass of wine instead.

My girlfriends used to insist I had "black" hair. I didn't know how to care for curly hair, nor did my mom who has very fine, straight hair. So she'd brush out my thick curls.

Do you know what a frizz ball that becomes?

It wasn't till high school that I figured out how to tame my curls. I've perfected it now, except in the humidity. So I have a taste of what your daughter goes through Del.

Midnight Star
04-22-2010, 10:55 PM
I have naturally curly hair. A lot of people tell me that they like it, but I usually straighten it. I like it better that way. I've been wearing it curly more often, though, because I usually don't feel like doing anything with it.

Alpha Echo
04-22-2010, 10:58 PM
midnight - I used to straighten it a lot, back when it was long. But I don't like the way it looks when it's short and straight. And straighening it in the summer months? With all the humidity of the northeast? DISASTER!

slcboston
04-22-2010, 10:58 PM
Caffeine never does that to me. My 2-4 huge cups of daily coffee (basically, a pot) just make me feel human.

QFT

:D

Alpha Echo
04-22-2010, 10:59 PM
QFT

When I moved in w/ the SO, we actually bought a second coffee maker partly b/c I like flavored (when I remember to buy it) and partly so that we each get our own pot of coffee. LOL

Midnight Star
04-22-2010, 11:01 PM
midnight - I used to straighten it a lot, back when it was long. But I don't like the way it looks when it's short and straight. And straighening it in the summer months? With all the humidity of the northeast? DISASTER!

Summers in Georgia are just about as bad, if not worse.

My hair is just below my shoulders, so I wouldn't really call it "long", but not "short", either. Once we get to summer, I'll probably wear it curly a lot more.

Alpha Echo
04-22-2010, 11:05 PM
Summers in Georgia are just about as bad, if not worse.

My hair is just below my shoulders, so I wouldn't really call it "long", but not "short", either. Once we get to summer, I'll probably wear it curly a lot more.

I'm too lazy to straighten it. Since it's pretty dry, I don't wash it every day...like every other day. And it's much easier to put some stuff in it and blowdry it quick than to use the flat iron.

What do you put in your hair when you leave it curly?

Midnight Star
04-22-2010, 11:06 PM
I'm too lazy to straighten it. Since it's pretty dry, I don't wash it every day...like every other day. And it's much easier to put some stuff in it and blowdry it quick than to use the flat iron.

What do you put in your hair when you leave it curly?

Mousse. Aussie, to be exact. I'm not sure what it's called, though.

Alpha Echo
04-22-2010, 11:10 PM
I use Catwalk? Cat...I don't know. blue bottle. For curls. Kinda pricey, but it lasts awhile. sometimes I like to try something new though.

Midnight Star
04-22-2010, 11:11 PM
Funny, I've never heard of that brand...

The hair products I usually use come from Aussie, Herbal Essences, and Got2b. Mostly Aussie, though.

DeleyanLee
04-22-2010, 11:26 PM
You guys are making me appreciate my hair more and more.

It's reasonable thick, heavy wave, and all I need to do with it is wash & condition. I don't blow dry, just wash and go regardless of length. Dying it is completely my choice, since my grey doesn't look that bad.

Midnight Star
04-22-2010, 11:27 PM
Lucky.

DeleyanLee
04-22-2010, 11:29 PM
It's OK. I generally hate my hair most days anyway. It has too much wave to style and it doesn't straighten for shit. Plus I have this HUGE cowlick in the front, so no matter what, it always hangs in my eyes.

I've just come to accept it since I'm too lazy and cheap to really affect a change, and get on with life.

slcboston
04-23-2010, 12:15 AM
My hair's really short, and I buy whatever's cheap.

just thought I'd interject.

tjwriter
04-23-2010, 12:25 AM
I swear I work with people that have that mythical memory of a goldfish.

I don't do much with my hair at all really.

Synonym
04-23-2010, 01:22 AM
Caffeine, hair products, child-care...when did this turn into "Ladies Home Journal"?

I'm teasing, really...caffeine is a no-no after seven or so. It didn't bother me at all until a few months ago. Hair? Not much reason to make an effort when I'm wind-blown and dusty by the end of the day. I might make an effort on the weekend, if we're going somewhere. Child-care. Hmmmm.

:wag: I'm out of the business. (yippee!)

tjwriter
04-23-2010, 01:40 AM
I was just reviewing a couple of my bills online and I realized that I need to update my plans and save some money. Not a lot, but enough.

darkprincealain
04-23-2010, 04:32 PM
Caffeine, hair products, child-care...when did this turn into "Ladies Home Journal"?

I like caffeine and hair products too... no child-care though, I don't have kids... :D

Midnight Star
04-23-2010, 04:50 PM
My cat is laying on top of my stomach. She isn't very light.

DeleyanLee
04-23-2010, 04:51 PM
Everything is story fodder, DPA. ;) You might not have kids, but characters do unexpected things sometimes.

Midnight Star
04-23-2010, 04:56 PM
Everything is story fodder, DPA. ;) You might not have kids, but characters do unexpected things sometimes.

QFT.

Alpha Echo
04-23-2010, 04:59 PM
Morning! I'm leaving early today! Wahoo!

Midnight Star
04-23-2010, 05:01 PM
Morning, Alpha.

Alpha Echo
04-23-2010, 05:04 PM
I hate that it's going to be cool and rainy tomorrow, but the SO and I are still following through with our date day/night.

One of his hobbies is looking for and collecting shark's teeth, whale bone, etc. We literally have jars and jars full of the stuff. There are some cliffs semi-nearby where we're going to go shark tooth hunting tomorrow, then out to an Italian restaurant. We haven't been out without the Little One, with just the two of us, in soooo long. We've either got the girl, or we're meeting family or friends.

Midnight Star
04-23-2010, 05:06 PM
Funny, it's supposed to rain here, too. But I'm happy about it. I love rain.

DeleyanLee
04-23-2010, 05:06 PM
Enjoy the day despite the weather. Sometimes a little rain makes days like that more silly and fun. Especially sans children.

Alpha Echo
04-23-2010, 05:08 PM
That is true. :) And there won't be as many people on the beach which will be good too. It'll be fun and flirty and...I'm so excited! haha

tjwriter
04-23-2010, 05:37 PM
Have fun!

Oddly, it rained here last night and I slept like crap. Usually I sleep well when it rains. Both the girls got up early as well.

DeleyanLee
04-23-2010, 05:41 PM
I've heard rumors it's supposed to rain this weekend, which pretty much shoots getting the fence done before the party. Oh, well. Maybe it won't be done. *shrug* I'm to the point of not really caring anymore.

I just really really wish that next weekend was over and done with. Now relatives are descending on Wednesday to "help" with the party prep Thurs before I take them "on tour" on Friday.

I want a rifle with an endless supply of bullets before Wednesday.

Alpha Echo
04-23-2010, 05:43 PM
Aw, Del. It'll be over and done with soon enough.

Next weekend's Nags Head for us.

tjwriter
04-23-2010, 05:43 PM
Get a mysterious stomach bug early on Wednesday that lasts through Thursday, and mysteriously disappears late Friday.

You can hide out in the bathroom. Just groan now and again.

DeleyanLee
04-23-2010, 05:56 PM
LOL! Thanks, but I had that yesterday for real. Don't want a repeat. And my mother is NOT one to just leave you to die in peace when you're sick, so that won't work.

ETC: Sorry. No more kvetching about the party. Dwelling on it won't make it better. But I will be SO glad when it's over.

tjwriter
04-23-2010, 06:15 PM
Twice today someone has mentioned that perhaps I should have been a nurse.

Missed calling, perhaps?

DeleyanLee
04-23-2010, 06:21 PM
Only if you agree. ;)

tjwriter
04-23-2010, 06:23 PM
I'm am slightly obsessed (I couldn't remember how to spell that, and then I looked up at the title of the thread, lol.) about medical science. I enjoy reading studies. I follow a ton of medical blogs because I find it interesting.

I wonder sometimes. But there are a lot of things I'd have to do before I could go back to school.

DeleyanLee
04-23-2010, 06:30 PM
Getting into nursing school, at least in the US, is HARD. I mean HARD. It's harder to get into nursing school than medical school, from what I understand.

Basically, there's not enough people qualified to TEACH nursing and hasn't been for several decades, which is why there's such a dirth of qualified nurses nowadays.

My son talked to his counseler his first year of college about getting into the program at U of Mich. He was told that he had to not only take certain pre-req classes, but he had to score in the top 1% of the class to be considered for nursing school. And after he qualified via grades, there was still likely to be a 2-4 year waiting period to get into the school. The counseler actively dissuaded him from applying himself toward that career.

Seems amazing to me.

(So now he's majoring in Sociology with a focus in Deviance. Think I should be concerned? ;) )

LaurieD
04-23-2010, 06:37 PM
I was a nurse for 15 years -- technically still am -- there's a lot more to the job than taking care of people anymore.

Take all the office politics and micromanaging and endless paperwork that's subject to scrutiny by said office and government types that you probably on some level have to deal with now and add in... oh, you don't want to know all the reasons I left my career in the dust. Besides, I could go on all day.

If you're heart's all for being a nurse then it's something you should do - though I do recommend voluteering on some level in whatever setting you're considering (long term care versus hospital) before investing in nursing school.

Alpha Echo
04-23-2010, 06:40 PM
I have a friend who just got into nursing. Laurie, I think you're right. She loves it, but mostly, she hates the people she works with and says it's just like an office. You don't just take care of people, you have to deal with gossip and politics and whatnot. Frustrating. I don't think I could do it.

LaurieD
04-23-2010, 06:43 PM
(So now he's majoring in Sociology with a focus in Deviance. Think I should be concerned? ;) )

I told my kids I'd be happy to help them pay for college - as long as they didn't go into medicine.

One wants to be an author/illustrator/dance instructor the other wants to be a police officer/fireman/soccer player.

DeleyanLee
04-23-2010, 06:46 PM
It's always great fun to talk to kids about what they want to do when they grew up.

There was a time I wanted to be a special ed teacher/ballerina/actress. :D

LaurieD
04-23-2010, 06:56 PM
I have a friend who just got into nursing. Laurie, I think you're right. She loves it, but mostly, she hates the people she works with and says it's just like an office. You don't just take care of people, you have to deal with gossip and politics and whatnot. Frustrating. I don't think I could do it.

I left my last job on the advice of legal council (If you're friend doesn't already have nursing insurance, I recommend NSO).

DeleyanLee
04-23-2010, 06:59 PM
Is there a job in the world where you don't have to deal with gossip and politics and whatnot?

I was just thinking that's been in every job I've ever had, regardless of where I work. It's even worse in small, family-run businesses IME.

LaurieD
04-23-2010, 07:01 PM
It's always great fun to talk to kids about what they want to do when they grew up.

There was a time I wanted to be a special ed teacher/ballerina/actress. :D

I'm sure you would have made a loverly ballerina/actress whilist teaching special ed. :D

Well ladies, after not being able to sleep more than 4 hours at a time over the last week and a half and feeling like I was ready to jump out of my skin, I caved this morning and took a couple Tylenol pm - I believe it is finally starting to kick in -- I'm going to bed.

:hi:

DeleyanLee
04-23-2010, 07:01 PM
Sweet dreams!

tjwriter
04-23-2010, 07:16 PM
Yeah, I know there are lots of factors. I just need to figure out what in the world I want to do with myself. I have no idea.

slcboston
04-23-2010, 07:26 PM
Is there a job in the world where you don't have to deal with gossip and politics and whatnot?

some of those jobs Mike Rowe does on "Dirty Jobs" seem like they might have less than others.... if only because you're working in such hellish, awful places that there aren't many people to gossip about in the first place.

Alpha Echo
04-23-2010, 07:27 PM
30 minutes to go and I'm outta here!

slcboston
04-23-2010, 07:27 PM
Twice today someone has mentioned that perhaps I should have been a nurse.

Missed calling, perhaps?

Growing up a number of people seriously thought I should be a priest.

No. Seriously.

milly
04-23-2010, 07:30 PM

No. Seriously.

hahahahaha...oh, sorry, was that out loud? :)

slcboston
04-23-2010, 07:56 PM
hahahahaha...oh, sorry, was that out loud? :)

Yes, it was.

But I expected as much from at least one of you. :D

I'll be honest, I still get comments along those lines when I am up front at church. .... They just don't know me very well because they only see me on Sundays.

Gabriele Campbell
04-23-2010, 07:57 PM

No. Seriously.

Did they think you're so depraved? :tongue

DeleyanLee
04-23-2010, 08:12 PM
OK, sports. Off to hunt the wild kibble!

See peoples in a bit

DeleyanLee
04-23-2010, 08:51 PM
BAK!

Today's wild kibble turned out to be fake coney dogs. :D

darkprincealain
04-23-2010, 09:07 PM

Oh, how true this is. :D

tjwriter
04-23-2010, 09:09 PM
My wild kibble was stir fry from the cafeteria. It wasn't bad, but I lost my appetite and didn't finish it.

DeleyanLee
04-23-2010, 09:10 PM
We don't have a cafeteria. I have a teeny freezer and a microzapper. Not thrilling on a Friday, y'know?

tjwriter
04-23-2010, 09:18 PM
I would have loved to gone out. I just didn't feel like walking across the parking lot to get to my car.

DeleyanLee
04-23-2010, 09:23 PM
Heh. I don't have a car. I have to walk. But it's nice out there, so it wasn't a hardship.

And the hot dog place is about 1/4 mile from my office, so it was a nice little walk.

tjwriter
04-23-2010, 09:25 PM
There's stuff around here I could walk to, including Subway, but a)it's rainy today and b)my pregnant hips would hate me for days.

DeleyanLee
04-23-2010, 09:34 PM
Yeah, rain makes a difference. As does unforgiving body parts.

So why does your MIP need a new title?

tjwriter
04-23-2010, 09:37 PM
The story it was going to be about has changed. But I don't even know what I'm going to do with that one.

The second one though, I really do want to write. I have a good story for it. And I think I've discovered what I want to write: fantasy thrillers or thriller fantasies.

DeleyanLee
04-23-2010, 09:40 PM
It's easier to market a Fantasy with a thriller sub/plot than a Thriller with Fantasy elements from what I've heard.

Sounds interesting.

My next one (or present one, depending how you look at it) seems to be taking a real historical unsolved crime/mystery and adding Fantasy elements to it.

The one I've been stuck on all year is more high Fantasy epic sorta thing. I still love it, but ever since I plotted out the remainer of the story, I've lost all interest in writing it to conclusion.

tjwriter
04-23-2010, 10:12 PM
I have to watch how far I think ahead or I lose all interest. It's weird that way.

Midnight Star
04-23-2010, 10:21 PM
I have to plan out most of the story, including the ending, before I write past chapter two.

In my upcoming project, I actually managed to merge two ideas into one. I've only written, like 600 words so far, but it's a start. :tongue

DeleyanLee
04-23-2010, 10:22 PM
I didn't used to have that problem, so it's very strange to discover.

Even though the end of the book is mondo cool, I'm just not enthusiastic about writing it. I'm debating on pushing myself to the end, though. It's been almost 10 years since I've finished a book and I don't want to have yet another unfinished one on my record. It's really doing nasty things to my confidence level, y'know?

Midnight Star
04-23-2010, 10:26 PM
Finish it, DL. Even if it sucks.

slcboston
04-23-2010, 10:26 PM
I just make it all up as a I go.

Pretty much with everything.

DeleyanLee
04-23-2010, 10:28 PM
::whine:: But I don't wanna! ::/whine:: ;)

Seriously, I'll probably put more energy to it once the girlchild is gone for the summer. Once she's off and running, there will be no more 6:45PM or 9PM pick her up from class runs that interrupts everything I could possibly be doing in the evening.

Everything seems to be in limbo for another couple weeks, but it's almost over.

Midnight Star
04-23-2010, 10:28 PM
I just make it all up as a I go.

Pretty much with everything.

Somehow, that doesn't surprise me.

slcboston
04-23-2010, 10:45 PM
Yes, but it *works* for me.

Midnight Star
04-23-2010, 10:48 PM
Well, if the shoe fits.

DeleyanLee
04-23-2010, 10:50 PM
What's wrong with making it up as you go along?

Midnight Star
04-23-2010, 10:53 PM
I never said there was anything wrong with it. It just doesn't usually work for me. :)

DeleyanLee
04-23-2010, 10:59 PM
* looks at her two different shoes and tries to figure out which fits better

tjwriter
04-23-2010, 11:14 PM
Depends on which foot. One of mine is obviously wider than the other.

DeleyanLee
04-23-2010, 11:15 PM
That happens post-kid, I've noticed.

tjwriter
04-23-2010, 11:20 PM
Plus I broke a bone in my foot directly under a ligament and it did some wacky stuff to that foot.

DeleyanLee
04-23-2010, 11:27 PM
Ouch!

Though, the original comment was to MNS's post of "if the shoe fits" about making stuff up as you go along.

I've been a pre-planner for so long, I was trying to do ONE book without falling into the same rut. Ah, well.

tjwriter
04-23-2010, 11:29 PM
I try to do whatever works, whenever it works. I'm horribly inconsistent.

DeleyanLee
04-23-2010, 11:35 PM
I used to be consistent, in that I finished things. Now I'm consistent in that I don't.

Sometimes consistency sucks dirty duck butt.

tjwriter
04-23-2010, 11:41 PM
I've consistently never finished things. Lots of ideas. Not so much completion.

Midnight Star
04-23-2010, 11:49 PM
Hey, guys!!! Hey!!! Hey! Hey!

So guess what??? I just made cupcakes and I made the mistake of licking the bowl of icing --- almost all of it!!! So now I'm feeling really good, really, really good!!

I need more sugar!!!

milly
04-23-2010, 11:57 PM
wish I had a cupcake right about now...that bowl of popcorn I just scarfed down for lunch is not what I had in mind...but, at least it is FRIDAY :)

tjwriter
04-24-2010, 12:00 AM
I'm eating Reese's Cups. Damn peanut butter thread.

DeleyanLee
04-24-2010, 12:00 AM
I'm going to eat my granola bar.

Midnight Star
04-24-2010, 12:02 AM
I'm dancing and skipping around my house and talking and typing really fast!

Gabriele Campbell
04-24-2010, 12:10 AM
Lol, I was wondering how long it'd take for the convo to turn from writing to food. Or cats. ;)

tjwriter
04-24-2010, 12:11 AM
Cupcakes sound good! I have some cake mix at home.

milly
04-24-2010, 12:19 AM
oooh, I have mix too...my girls would love to make some tonight...I'll let them think it's their idea :)

DeleyanLee
04-24-2010, 12:20 AM
Ghods, everyone's so domestic.

* snorts and scratches her belly

tjwriter
04-24-2010, 12:20 AM
We're hitting up Dairy Queen this weekend, though. They have Blizzards buy one get one for $.25. I can't help myself.

DeleyanLee
04-24-2010, 12:24 AM
I was STUNNED when we went to DQ a week or so ago. Over $2 for a SMALL vanilla cone?!?

Totally wrong. Just totally so very wrong.

tjwriter
04-24-2010, 12:40 AM
Ice cream has gotten expensive in general.

LaurieD
04-24-2010, 01:31 AM
mmm... ice cream...

*has craving for Breyer's mint chocolate chip...*

DeleyanLee
04-24-2010, 04:29 AM
My housemate is making homemade shortcake.

I cut up strawberries last night and they're all juicy.

You may all envy the hell out of me now. :D

Synonym
04-24-2010, 05:27 AM
that's just, just...where do you live? :D

LadyVonFright
04-24-2010, 05:06 PM
morning fellow reppers...how ye be?

Synonym
04-24-2010, 05:31 PM
They be sleeping, I think. :)

LadyVonFright
04-24-2010, 05:32 PM
i pshaw at sleep!!!

Synonym
04-24-2010, 05:36 PM
It's very tempting to loll around and snooze on a cloudy morning. Too bad I didn't manage that one.

Why do you disdain sleep? Is it elusive or do you have better things to do with your time?

LadyVonFright
04-24-2010, 05:39 PM
I enjoy sleep, but the way I see it, weekends are my time, I already spend enough time at work doing things I don't enjoy, so when a day off hits me, I rather be awake so I don't miss any of it. :)

Midnight Star
04-24-2010, 05:39 PM
Psh. Who needs sleep? I'm perfectly fine without...*snores*

Synonym
04-24-2010, 05:51 PM
Yes, I am terribly possessive of my weekends too. After years and years of orchestrating them to please everyone else, they're mine now. No, I don't want to go to garage sales, I have enough junk of my own. A farm auction? Oh heck no. Hours and hours of time ate up by boredom. I'm getting very selfish. :)

Midnight Star
04-24-2010, 05:55 PM
Auctions just make me want to go to sleep even more. Except that stupid seller keeps screaming "ONCE, TWICE, SOLD!!!" as loudly as possible. I actually like garage sales. I usually go to the ones that are selling baseball cards. My dad has a Ricky Henderson rookie card and I think he said he got it from a garage sale.

LadyVonFright
04-24-2010, 05:55 PM
lol exactly!

LadyVonFright
04-24-2010, 05:59 PM
although if im fair, i can't remember the last time someone invited me to an auction of any kind...i may actually want to try one just because i have never been ;)

Midnight Star
04-24-2010, 06:02 PM
It's been a few years since I've been to one. I hate it. I didn't even buy anything!

LadyVonFright
04-24-2010, 06:03 PM
do you hate it because you never bought anything or because you just dislike it in general?

Midnight Star
04-24-2010, 06:12 PM
Because I just dislike it in general.

Synonym
04-24-2010, 06:23 PM
Usually what I'm after is almost always the last thing to sell.

The last one I went to took forever--tons of junk--and the auctioneer seemed determined to sell it one piece at a time. Finally, they started shoving boxes together and selling them as a group. Then they wandered over to the furniture. I had my eye on a dining room set and a corner buffet. (Older, solid furniture in very good shape. I've put up with hand-me-downs and mismatched chairs forever.)

It boiled down to two of us, finally who really wanted the same set. Her budget seemed to be a lot bigger than mine. When you're reaching the same price that I could pay for new...that's ridiculous.

Unfortunate auction rule number 1, two people after the same thing will make an auctioneer's day. I bowed out and let her have it. Four hours wasted, that I'll never get back.

Synonym
04-24-2010, 06:28 PM
although if im fair, i can't remember the last time someone invited me to an auction of any kind...i may actually want to try one just because i have never been ;)

Look in the local paper, see if there's anything you find interesting and go! You won't be the only one there by yourself. Sign up for a bidders number with the auction clerk and take a wander around. It's fascinating to poke and prod around, looking at other people's 'stuff' and what they found useful or interesting. Just try to avoid farm auctions, if you can. The tools and machinery take forever...

tjwriter
04-24-2010, 06:54 PM
I'm getting ready to clean house. Yippeee.

Synonym
04-24-2010, 07:14 PM
Boy TJ. Let me see if I can restrain my enthusiasm. LOL. Yep. Not a problem. Glad it's not me. :)

slcboston
04-24-2010, 07:26 PM
morning reppers

slept in until 9 - which was honestly a bit later than intended, made raspberry nut pancakes, and.... um... that's about it so far.

But I think it's a good start.

DeleyanLee
04-24-2010, 07:51 PM
Got the laundry going. Need to tackle the dishes even though I cooked last night. As soon as Housemate gets back from Lowe's, we'll be moving the power saw and such off the porch and getting that cleaned up. If it actually stops raining, I'll finish painting at least this side of the fence. That's the minimum of work that needs to be done today.

And such is my weekend. LOL!

Synonym
04-24-2010, 07:54 PM
Eh, you put me to shame. I had a granola bar. Then I worked on the electric fence that the stupid horses tore up. Hopped the spring a couple of times without falling in and getting wet. I consider that quite an accomplishment, especially since it's about 50 degree water. :D

Synonym
04-24-2010, 07:58 PM
I'm on a roll today! Mac and Susie really pack a punch in rep points. Wow. :)

Oh, and so do you Sheep-boy. Don't want to hurt your feelings. :D

DeleyanLee
04-24-2010, 08:01 PM
Yeah, they do, don't they? :D

Synonym
04-24-2010, 08:05 PM
:D Find Mac's birthday thread and wish her a good one.

DeleyanLee
04-24-2010, 08:07 PM
I did. Twice. Different threads. :D

Synonym
04-24-2010, 08:19 PM
Now you're on a roll. LOL

DeleyanLee
04-24-2010, 08:20 PM
Three threads now. I'm going downhill, I'm rolling so fast. LOL!

Synonym
04-24-2010, 08:22 PM
Look out. It's all great fun until you hit the bottom.:ROFL:

DeleyanLee
04-24-2010, 08:54 PM
LOL!

As the saying goes: It's not the falling I'm afraid of, it's the landing.

slcboston
04-24-2010, 09:43 PM
I'm on a roll today! Mac and Susie really pack a punch in rep points. Wow. :)

Oh, and so do you Sheep-boy. Don't want to hurt your feelings. :D

oh, I cannot compete with Mac or with Susie.

I may some day catch up with Susie, should she stop posting for a year or something.... but otherwise.... nah.

Synonym
04-24-2010, 09:46 PM
We'll keep you around for the pure entertainment value.

Midnight Star
04-24-2010, 09:50 PM
I want to write right now but there's thunderstorms. My laptop has my documents on it and I have to keep it plugged in because the screen is really dim if I don't. Grr. And it's Be Kind to Your Story weekend.

slcboston
04-24-2010, 09:55 PM
We'll keep you around for the pure entertainment value.

It's my lovely singing voice, right?

Synonym
04-24-2010, 09:57 PM
Hmmm? You? Sing? Right. That's it exactly.

slcboston
04-24-2010, 09:59 PM
aw come on... there's plenty of entertainment value in my singing. It's like an aural car-wreck.

Synonym
04-24-2010, 10:03 PM
The priest comment...another story. I have so many.

A man on my mail route wanted to be a priest, so badly. He was terribly dedicated and believed so much but, the gambling, womanizing, serial cussing and drinking got in the way. The desire was strong, but the body quite weak. Some things just aren't meant to be.

Synonym
04-24-2010, 10:05 PM
aw come on... there's plenty of entertainment value in my singing. It's like an aural car-wreck.

Train wreck more likely. Enough chit-chat for the moment.

I have to go move my horses to a different pen so the men can work the cattle today. Horses muck up the works.

DeleyanLee
04-24-2010, 10:36 PM
And it's Be Kind to Your Story weekend.

And what, pray tell, is this?

LadyVonFright
04-24-2010, 11:10 PM
roll out the barrels! we'll have a barrel of fun!!! sing with me boston!!! :)

Synonym
04-24-2010, 11:10 PM
Possibly a hint I need to get some writing done? The horses are in the middle of a power grab. Number four and number three are fighting. I had to separate them. They're worse than kids sometimes.

LadyVonFright
04-24-2010, 11:12 PM
Synonym you have horses!!! I'm so jealous :(

Midnight Star
04-24-2010, 11:18 PM
And what, pray tell, is this?

on the MTS forum, Ruv Draba posted saying that he deemed this weekend Be Kind to Your Story Weekend. It's a weekend where we're nice to our stories. :D

slcboston
04-24-2010, 11:19 PM
no barrel-rolling

either on or in. Either way, not something I probably have the co-ordination for :D

LadyVonFright
04-24-2010, 11:20 PM
boston thats what makes it entertaining!!!!!!

slcboston
04-24-2010, 11:20 PM
Possibly a hint I need to get some writing done? The horses are in the middle of a power grab. Number four and number three are fighting. I had to separate them. They're worse than kids sometimes.

True.

Kids generally won't kill each other if you don't break them up, whereas with horses that can be a risk. Though I have to say, the one time our horses got into a fight, the principle stud literally tossed the challenger around. The fight was over in less than a minute, and the stud went back into his stall without too much trouble.

Thankfully.

slcboston
04-24-2010, 11:21 PM
boston thats what makes it entertaining!!!!!!

for *you*, yes.

For me? Not so much.

LadyVonFright
04-24-2010, 11:22 PM
laaaame! :P

DeleyanLee
04-24-2010, 11:30 PM
on the MTS forum, Ruv Draba posted saying that he deemed this weekend Be Kind to Your Story Weekend. It's a weekend where we're nice to our stories. :D

MTS forum?

And what's the fun of being NICE to my story? I think it's done a good job of messing me up. I should return the favor. :D

Midnight Star
04-24-2010, 11:32 PM
MTS forum?

And what's the fun of being NICE to my story? I think it's done a good job of messing me up. I should return the favor. :D

Mystery/Thriller/Suspense. ;)

and it's good to be nice to your story every once in a while.

slcboston
04-24-2010, 11:33 PM
laaaame! :P

No, see, that's what I'm trying to *avoid*.

As in breaking my leg and ending up lame and in a cast for the next several weeks.

DeleyanLee
04-24-2010, 11:38 PM
and it's good to be nice to your story every once in a while.

That still doesn't make sense to me, sorry. On so many levels.

Midnight Star
04-24-2010, 11:44 PM
That still doesn't make sense to me, sorry. On so many levels.

What I'm trying to say is: a lot of us are usually harsh and mean to our stories. We put them aside and sometimes we just give up on them because they're either not worth it or we are just sick of them. I know I've been guilty of this a lot lately. But the only way we're ever going to get anything done is to be a little nicer and give them half a chance. :) Basically, we're personifying stories to give us more of a motivation to work on them and "be nice". Does it make sense now? Or am I just confusing you?

DeleyanLee
04-25-2010, 12:00 AM
What I'm trying to say is: a lot of us are usually harsh and mean to our stories. We put them aside and sometimes we just give up on them because they're either not worth it or we are just sick of them. I know I've been guilty of this a lot lately. But the only way we're ever going to get anything done is to be a little nicer and give them half a chance. :) Basically, we're personifying stories to give us more of a motivation to work on them and "be nice". Does it make sense now? Or am I just confusing you?

Ah. Gotcha now. I was equating it with when people say they're "being mean/nice to their characters"--which also never makes sense to me. The story is what the story is. There's no "mean/niceness" involved from my perspective--it's just telling the story.

You're talking about something different--giving ourselves a chance to finish a story that we've set aside. That's why I was confused.

Midnight Star
04-25-2010, 12:02 AM
It doesn't have to be one you've set aside. It just has to be a story. You can work on any of them that you wish to, I guess. :)

Synonym
04-25-2010, 12:03 AM
It's the stud and number three who are fighting. How the stud got to be bottom of the totem pole, I'll never guess. He seems to forget his studliness, most of the time and is too lazy to assert his authority. Until today, when I could use some cooperation. :evil

DeleyanLee
04-25-2010, 02:41 AM
Laundry is done. Power tools are off the porch. Dinner has been eet.

Life is good.

Synonym
04-25-2010, 02:57 AM
Look at you go. :)

It sounds like we're about to get another thunderstorm and after some double-teaming I've been convinced to go to a stupid banquet tonight. That's what I wanted to do. Yeah, right. Oh well, it won't kill me. Might get me wet though, from the sounds of things. If I don't catch you later, I'll see you all in the morning. Tah. :D

DeleyanLee
04-25-2010, 03:17 AM
Have fun, Syn!

They keep talking about thunderboomers here, but I haven't seen hints of it yet. Just boring rain.

DeleyanLee
04-25-2010, 07:51 PM
* pokes in, sniffs for coffee, goes off to find some

Synonym
04-25-2010, 08:08 PM
Morning. I survived, only because my friend and I escaped the interminable fund-raising auction by ducking outside to the car, talking and maybe enjoying a beer while we were there. We weren't very supportive last night. That isn't to say we haven't been in the past or won't be in the future. She forgot to bring money/checkbook and I'm hanging on to every dollar for my trip. :D

We are old/new friends, which I'm sure most of you understand. We've known each other for years but didn't really socialize together very much. A year ago my husband and I decided to take country dance classes. Once the kids leave home and you sit around staring at the walls for a while, you realize it's time to get a life again.

Her husband is my husband's half-uncle. Clear as mud, right? Anyway...a family feud that flared up between my MIL and SIL pretty much sent their half of the family running for the exits and refraining from further get-togethers. (We didn't have that option.)

Guess who we find taking the same class? Sometimes it all clicks--interests, same stage in life, common desire to have a little fun--and suddenly you have a new/old friend. Last summer I stopped to see if she might want to help me celebrate my birthday...

"What day is it?"

"The eighth."

"You're *&9%ing me."

"No, really." I showed her my driver's license.

"Why?" I asked, watching her stare at my license.

"Same day as mine. Only I'm a year younger."

Dang. Now that's unusual. We had a good time. :D

slcboston
04-25-2010, 09:54 PM
afternoon reppers

Synonym
04-25-2010, 10:18 PM
afternoon. Are you in good spirits, recharged from church and ready to torment the masses for a week?

DeleyanLee
04-25-2010, 10:32 PM
That's fun with your new/old friend/half-aunt-in-law. (Like you said, clear as mud LOL!)

I've never had a friend/acquaintance with my same b-day. Closest I get is Mickey Mouse, and we're only close because I have his face on my daily wrist watch. ;) I think it would be fun/strange to have that kind of connection.

I tied up the gate today in hopes of getting rid of a particular squirrel problem. We'll see if it works.

Synonym
04-25-2010, 10:50 PM
I never have to worry about missing her birthday, right?

Good luck with the squirrels. I don't think a gate will keep the little rodents deterred for very long.

Squirrel is quite tasty, pan-fried. Just sayin...

DeleyanLee
04-25-2010, 11:11 PM
Since the puppy is something of an escape artist, we have him on a extendo-leash for potty outings.

There's this one grey squirrel who seems to wait until we let the dogs out. When it sees the dogs, it comes down the tree and taunts the puppy by staying just out of leash range.

Now, puppy was a stray and has proven himself to be a good hunter by catching shrews, voles, grackles, robins and the occasional squirrel when we've let him.

He wants this squirrel.

He wants this squirrel so badly, he's pulled the lead out of our hands, pulling muscles in our arms and backs as he raced off to get it. He even completely shattered one of those heavy-duty extendo-leashes.

Did I mention that puppy is either part Staffie or part Pittie? (We're not sure) Puppy is a powerful dog.

But our concern has been if he runs full-tilt across the yard and slams into this broken gate in pursuit of the squirrel, that it'll just fly open and he'll learn he can get out that way. So I tied up the gate.

And the next time he wants that squirrel, we're hoping he catches it. And if I'm on potty duty that time, I might just let him eat it.

He thinks squirrels are all kinds of tasty, y'see.

slcboston
04-25-2010, 11:32 PM
afternoon. Are you in good spirits, recharged from church and ready to torment the masses for a week?

Now that I'm done running unexpected and yet suddenly somehow urgent even though it's really not errands, you mean?

Yes.

slcboston
04-25-2010, 11:33 PM
And I'm having slices of swiss and granny smith apples for my snack... no squirrel.

Synonym
04-25-2010, 11:49 PM
Darn. I had a skillet out ready to do a bit of cooking. :D Looks like the dog will beat me to it. We had a cat once that loved squirrel. Apparently they taunted him a few too many times. ;)

slcboston
04-25-2010, 11:54 PM
This is why I keep my cat indoors.

Also because the last time she went to bring in a present it wasn't dead yet. I normally wouldn't interfere, but that merited my doing something before I had a chipmunk roaming the house.

While I was deterring her from bringing it in the house, it got away from her and ran literally over her, right down her back, before it disappeared into the grass.

Synonym
04-25-2010, 11:58 PM
You feed the cat, it's trying to return the favor. Not it's fault that you don't care for stunned chipmunk. LOL

slcboston
04-26-2010, 12:15 AM
Yeah, I get that....

But it's why I prefer keeping her as an indoor cat.

Synonym
04-26-2010, 12:17 AM
She'll live longer too. We have too many coyotes out here. ;)

Wicked
04-26-2010, 12:29 AM
My puppy is having tummy trouble. :( Consulted the vet this morning.

But considering she's still a holy terror, and harder to keep up with than a hyper active toddler, the vet figured I could bring her in tomorrow.

Puppy has no fear. She tries to play tug'o'war with my German shepherd's tail. The shep is about 80+ pounds bigger.

The chickens. She wants the chickens sooooooo bad.

A few days ago she discovered the horses. Now I have to chase her down before she can get into the pasture to greet them.

slcboston
04-26-2010, 12:33 AM
I have no coyotes to worry about.

Or horses, here, at least.

Sorry the puppy's under the weather Wicked.

slcboston
04-26-2010, 12:35 AM
My step-mother's peke wanted to chase the chickens in the worst way... at first.

Then the rooster defended his flock by picking up the peke and tossing him. Peke was shook up, but otherwise fine, and has since left the chickens alone.

Wicked
04-26-2010, 12:39 AM
My rooster is afraid of dogs. No luck there.

I'm not going to hold out hope a peck on the nose will cure her. When she figured out where the squeaker was in her squeaky toy, she sat there and tenaciously chewed a hole in it until she was able to pull the squeaker out.

Synonym
04-26-2010, 12:39 AM
Wicked, have you counted your chickens lately? Perhaps the pup actually caught one?

Little dogs think they're big dogs until confronted with reality checks, now and then. I so dislike sneaky little dogs that like to ambush my ankles when I'm working...usually I see/hear the big ones coming. :D Still got bitten on the behind by a German Shepard so, I guess that's not a 100% correct.

DeleyanLee
04-26-2010, 12:42 AM
Sounds like you need some puppy training there, Wicked.

There are coyotes near us, but not too near. Still, I saw coyotes in our Detroit neighborhood, so anything is possible. Our dogs are big enough that it won't be a problem and all the cats are inside only cats.

Ours are inside cats because both of us have found our cats dead on the side of the road at least once, so we're not risking it again. In fact, I've trained the cats to KNOW that going outside without their cat carriers is really really BAD. Much easier to relax when you know they're not going to make a dash for it.

Wicked
04-26-2010, 12:49 AM
Nah, she didn't snitch any chickens. Most of her outdoor excursions are well supervised. There's too much for her to get into out there.

Like when she takes my daughter for a walk. She grabbed the leash and wanted to play tug.
http://img709.imageshack.us/img709/4149/p1020446.jpg

Her and her partner in crime.
http://img696.imageshack.us/img696/2892/gretchlucia.jpg

She's a shepherd mix, but I am really starting to wonder where she inherited that curly tail.

Synonym
04-26-2010, 12:52 AM
We had a mix with a very curly tail like that. He was the 'bestest' dog...and his tail relaxed as he got older.

slcboston
04-26-2010, 01:11 AM
cute puppy there, Wicked.

And my cat seems to have adjusted to her new life inside. At least she hasn't made a dash for the door or anything.

Neurotic
04-26-2010, 01:27 AM
Back when I had a cat, our neighbour also had one. It was a grey tabby, about the size of a poodle, and it liked to sit on our doorstep, or our deck. Really, its preference depended on which room my cat was in. Because its presence would drive my cat insane. He'd throw himself at the door, trying to get at this cat that was about four times his size. And this cat would just sit there, watching him do it.

I sometimes thought, if I was a cat, that's the kind of cat I'd probably be.

Synonym
04-26-2010, 01:39 AM
A taunting cat?

Wicked
04-26-2010, 02:02 AM
My cat is evil incarnate.
http://img380.imageshack.us/img380/760/pandorayb8.jpg

It's funny to watch the puppy try to intimidate her. The harder puppy tries, the more insolent the cat becomes.
The cat will refuse to make eye contact, and just strut past, or sit still and look every where but at the pup. Makes the dog nuts.
And when puppy gets too close, "smack!", the cat slaps her - claws out.

When my shepherd gets tired of the puppy's antagonizing, she sits on her.

DeleyanLee
04-26-2010, 06:07 PM
We have a Basement Cat. She's pure black with yellow eyes that glow deep yellow in the dark and she hates everyone--except my housemate on occasion. She wants what she wants and NO ONE better stand in her way.

When she's sweet, she's very sweet--but only for as long as she wants to be. Unlike the other cats, who are pretty much always sweet and loveable.

Her jumping into my lap for cuddles can freak me out for days. Seriously. But she knows that, so I think that's why she does it.

I believe that my daughter's put her up in LOLCats as Basement Cat on several occasions. Will have to check with her about that.

She also loves dogs. She'll cuddle and groom the dogs and then hiss at the other cats. She's weird.

tjwriter
04-26-2010, 08:26 PM
Hola, Reppers!

DeleyanLee
04-26-2010, 08:38 PM
* notes a remarkable lack of reppers about

Midnight Star
04-26-2010, 08:40 PM
Guess what? I got this cool new app for my iPod touch that lets me use it as a mouse and keyboard. It's awesome.

slcboston
04-26-2010, 08:45 PM
sorry, being one of those days here...

as in I spent half an hour trying to solve a settings issue with my writing software. :D

DeleyanLee
04-26-2010, 08:46 PM
Did you solve it?

Midnight Star
04-26-2010, 08:49 PM
I despise Mondays. What a waste of 1/7 of my life.

tjwriter
04-26-2010, 09:09 PM
I was taking care of some things this morning. I'm exhausted and I spent most of the weekend doing nothing. But I know that I needed that, so I'm not sorry one bit. My husband made some snarky comment about my lack of movement so I got all sarcastic and told him, "Because growing a human is soooo easy." He shut up after that.

Growing new life is exhausting to the extreme sometimes.

Midnight Star
04-26-2010, 09:12 PM
I was taking care of some things this morning. I'm exhausted and I spent most of the weekend doing nothing. But I know that I needed that, so I'm not sorry one bit. My husband made some snarky comment about my lack of movement so I got all sarcastic and told him, "Because growing a human is soooo easy." He shut up after that.

Growing new life is exhausting to the extreme sometimes.

:Hug2:

DeleyanLee
04-26-2010, 09:13 PM
The human race would've died out ages ago if men had to have the babies. ;)

Not that helps us much, except for the occasional giggle.

My Monday is going good. Getting a lot of money work done so I (hopefully) won't be bothered when dealing with family/party stuff on Friday.

tjwriter
04-26-2010, 09:27 PM
I think my husband is a wee bit frustrated at his job. It may be overflowing into home.

Gabriele Campbell
04-26-2010, 10:25 PM
I had to work from the office most of last week, and it's considered bad style to hang out in internet forums at work here in Germany. And those damn allergy meds make me tired. So I wasn't online that much.

Didn't get any writing done, either, Only fiddled with MS Word 2007 designs and other fiddly diddly stuff. Wanted to kill Bill Gates a few times. ;)

LaurieD
04-26-2010, 10:31 PM
It's a good thing I work from home.

Otherwise, the IT guys might need to be reassembled.

*mutters and cusses repeatedly*

scratch that "might" bit. They would need to be reassembled.

By Santa's elves.

Only someone with gifted teeny tiny fingers would be able to work with the bits that were left when I'd be done with 'em.

tjwriter
04-26-2010, 10:33 PM
Is is it IT Love Day at your house, Laurie?

tjwriter
04-27-2010, 12:18 AM
*Walks through, listening to the sound of her footsteps echoing.*

slcboston
04-27-2010, 12:26 AM
*thinks TJ needs quieter shoes*

tjwriter
04-27-2010, 12:39 AM
These are even't my loud shoes.

Better that I didn't start yelling, "Hello." Then it'd turn into Helllloooooo. Then I'd start mooing. It always goes that way. I always end up mooing.

Gabriele Campbell
04-27-2010, 01:55 AM
Now, that's udderly crazy.

tjwriter
04-27-2010, 01:57 AM
And it must be the year of the cow. This morning we saw another calf loose from the pasture. Different pasture than the one before, but yet another calf. They're all escape artists this year.

Synonym
04-27-2010, 02:25 AM
The grass is greening up and maybe they're after the good stuff, the grass is always greener...

I saw a llama on the lam today. :D Poor thing is all by itself, except for sheep. I think it's a bit lonely. The owners were attempting to get it lured home.

slcboston
04-27-2010, 06:56 AM
There's an alpaca ranch (farm?) near here.

Cute and fuzzy little things.

... why are we talking livestock?

Synonym
04-27-2010, 07:14 AM
Um, it seemed to be the topic? Coincidence? Lack of inspiration?

LaurieD
04-27-2010, 07:18 AM
Is is it IT Love Day at your house, Laurie?

Umm... no... not quite.

Finally, 5 hours into my workday, the IT guys fixed the problem - after they jammed one of my programs by not letting me know they were rebooting the whole darn thing. One has to log off to not get stuck. Couldn't reach anyone via IM or phone - finally, 30 minutes later, someone got my email and reset me. Then I was able to follow all that joy up with 10, count them 10, prostate biopsy reports.

:scared:

slcboston
04-27-2010, 07:19 AM
ah, ok.

I thought I had missed the memo.

Synonym
04-27-2010, 07:20 AM
Oooh. Up to your er, well...nevermind. You were overwhelmed with prostate reports. :D

slcboston
04-27-2010, 07:21 AM
Then I was able to follow all that joy up with 10, count them 10, prostate biopsy reports.

Just when I start to think I might want your job....

:eek:

Synonym
04-27-2010, 07:21 AM
there was a sticky note at the top of the last page but I think it fell down

LaurieD
04-27-2010, 07:25 AM
Oooh. Up to your er, well...nevermind. You were overwhelmed with prostate reports. :D

Just when I start to think I might want your job....

:eek:

Exactly. Times two.

Now, if you'll excuse me, I'm going to put on my weights and do some step aerobics while watching whatever I can find on tv so I don't dream about my job all night long.

:hi:

tjwriter
04-27-2010, 05:43 PM
Morning reppers. This is one of those days where I'm counting down until the days until I am off for a week. I am so looking forward to Friday, May 14, 2010.

milly
04-27-2010, 05:48 PM
I'm jealous...I wish I had time off coming in two weeks....argh

slcboston
04-27-2010, 06:56 PM
I'm jealous that you have a job to take off from.

That's how bad it's gotten.

Anyway, morning reppers.

tjwriter
04-27-2010, 07:01 PM
This is a mental health break because if I don't get out of here I'm gonna go crazy.

slcboston
04-27-2010, 07:11 PM
Um... what if you're already nuts to begin with?

tjwriter
04-27-2010, 07:12 PM
Now you sound like my husband.

LaurieD
04-27-2010, 07:15 PM
Someone say nuts?

http://i101.photobucket.com/albums/m77/elcoonicus/Over_the_Hedge_Hammy.jpg

tjwriter
04-27-2010, 07:41 PM
I can't see your pic, but I can see how the mention of nuts would bring the crazy skwirrel.

slcboston
04-27-2010, 07:52 PM
Actually, TJ, I meant me. Not you.

slcboston
04-27-2010, 08:26 PM
the green bars are gone?

:e2bummed:

tjwriter
04-27-2010, 08:29 PM
I know, but you are too new to know what kind of chaos they created when they were a part of the board. It was a wee bit nutso. Worse than usual, I mean.

darkprincealain
04-27-2010, 09:53 PM
They used to be a regular part of the board?

slcboston
04-27-2010, 10:08 PM
I know, but you are too new to know what kind of chaos they created when they were a part of the board. It was a wee bit nutso. Worse than usual, I mean.

I just realized you've been around the board longer than I have.

For some reason, I always thought you came here after me, but, no, there it is "2005."

And other than sucking me in, making me put the mouse under everyone's bar to find out what it says about them (hey, it's not my fault- I missed out. By the time someone told me how to find them by hovering under the P mine was already too awesome for words.) - I don't see what possible chaos they could cause.

Like this place isn't a big enough draw already...

Also, I kept hoping it would start moving back and forth like that thing on Knight Rider, only this one was green.

tjwriter
04-27-2010, 10:24 PM
I just don't post that much, it seems. But people got all weird and crazy about it. You could go negative, too. It was amusing to watch, but better that they are unseen. I don't know that it would really be a big deal these days.

Back then it was new board, new features, and writers gone wild.

Leukman
04-27-2010, 10:25 PM
Also, I kept hoping it would start moving back and forth like that thing on Knight Rider, only this one was green.

:Wha:

*shudder*

Kit was EVIL.

Midnight Star
04-27-2010, 10:32 PM
*waves*

My thumb hurts.

How is everyone?

tjwriter
04-27-2010, 10:43 PM
I'm okay. A bit shocked, actually. My husband has agreed to fix the floor in the laundry room before we get a new washing machine. Like starting this weekend. It's a bit odd for him to pick up one of my projects that fast. So odd.

And how are you?

Midnight Star
04-27-2010, 10:46 PM
Normal, I guess. I've just been...thinking a lot.

And I changed my user title. :)

slcboston
04-27-2010, 10:57 PM
:Wha:

*shudder*

Kit was EVIL.

Aw, come one. I have fond memories of the show. (I wasn't old enough to drive when it aired, which perhaps had something to do with how cool I found it.)

Still, what's scary about this (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mo8Qls0HnWo)?

and you know it was Hasselhoff's best role, ever.

LaurieD
04-27-2010, 11:07 PM
I LOVE Knight Rider!

I remember being like 8? 10? whatever I was when that show was on, vowing that one day I would have such a cool a car as Kit and name my car Kit and we'd have so many awesome adventures.

Said to myself much in the same quality as the snowman on Bugs Bunny... "I will love him and pet him and call him George..."

I do have a cool car and we have indeed had many adventures, some not so awesome, but alas... poor cool car is in the carport, engineless...

*sniff*

slcboston
04-27-2010, 11:47 PM
Yeah.

I confess to being disappointed by nearly everything about the remake, except the new KITT. I thought Kilmer's voice was dead-on perfect for the role.

I still want one of those red flashy thingies on the front of my car.

Sweetleaf
04-28-2010, 12:56 AM
I have had an identity transplant.

I wonder if I have been too subtle in revealing my identity?

tjwriter
04-28-2010, 12:58 AM
I'd be remiss if I didn't acknowledge that I had no clue who you were until I looked at your profile.

Sweetleaf
04-28-2010, 01:05 AM
That's okay. You'll need to check your reps. :D

tjwriter
04-28-2010, 01:08 AM
Yeah, the damage inflicted there is pretty tell-tale. :D

LaurieD
04-28-2010, 01:10 AM
Hiya Sweetleaf!

Ok, I confess, I had to peek at your profile :D