PDA

View Full Version : Obsessive Rep Point Checkers Club, v2

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 [27] 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76

Alpha Echo
02-25-2010, 10:26 PM
Thanks boston!

Sneaks - it's not snowing here. I am hoping we've seen the last of it. I'm ready for sunshine and summertime!

slcboston
02-25-2010, 10:29 PM
Summer?

:ROFL:

It's a long, LONG way until June here.

"Summer" she says :roll:

Rachel
02-25-2010, 10:29 PM
Tell me Alpha Echo. Your username doesn't not perchance come from Dollhouse, does it?

Rachel
02-25-2010, 10:30 PM
why thank you Race, I find the penguin kind of catchy myself.

:D

He jumps in your general direction.

slcboston
02-25-2010, 10:30 PM
Tell me Alpha Echo. Your username doesn't not perchance come from Dollhouse, does it?

You know, I wondered that myself....

sadron
02-25-2010, 10:34 PM
No writing so far. *sweatdrop*

Rachel
02-25-2010, 10:36 PM
You know, I wondered that myself....

Ah, the questions we ponder. How will we survive without answers.

slcboston
02-25-2010, 10:39 PM
Ah, the questions we ponder. How will we survive without answers.

I've managed to go a long, long time without knowing the answers to *lots* of questions, Race. I suspect I'll survive another one.

Sneaky Devil
02-25-2010, 10:44 PM

And I'm done.
:Clap:

I'm jealous. It's not really doing anything here, and I am quite disappointed.
You can have it if you want it.

Sneaks - it's not snowing here. I am hoping we've seen the last of it. I'm ready for sunshine and summertime!

Yeah, me too. Well, not so much summer as spring. I just miss having my own place because when spring hits I would normally be out in the garden, pulling up all the weeds, and getting the flowerbeds ready for planting. *sigh*

DeleyanLee
02-25-2010, 10:44 PM
Why bother finding answers when making up ones is always so much more satisfying? ;)

DeleyanLee
02-25-2010, 10:45 PM

And I'm done.

:partyguy:

Good work!

Alpha Echo
02-25-2010, 10:47 PM
Thanks guys!

Sneaks - I can't keep anythng green alive for long. LOL. I have no interest in a garden. I love flowers - their color, their texture, their scent - but I can't do it.

slcboston
02-25-2010, 10:48 PM
I'm thinking we'll try and plant some flowers around the house this spring... maybe even get ambitious and plant some vegetables.

Which would probably be in about May, here, so there's no rush.

Sneaky Devil
02-25-2010, 10:53 PM
< begin long-winded ramble >

Oh, I absolutely love it. It seems to be one of the few things I'm good at. :) I've had to revive some of my friend's plants from near death because they didn't know how to take care of them. (Seriously, how hard is it to remember that putting a plant in a room with no sunlight whatsoever is not good for it? :D) Gardening/planting my flowers is what gives me the most motivation to get off my lazy arse when the weather turns nice, and actually go outside once in a while. I'm a rather impatient person, but waiting for flowers to grow is something I can manage with much more patience than I normally have. Besides, it's very relaxing for me to go out and get my hands dirty. Makes me feel like I'm a kid again when I get to play in the dirt.

< end long-winded ramble >

Alpha Echo
02-25-2010, 10:55 PM
That's awesome, and part of me envies (why does that look funny) you for that gift. I just don't have it. Which is okay. :)

DeleyanLee
02-25-2010, 10:59 PM
My late sister was like that. People would give her dead, withered plants in pots of dried soil and she'd have them blossoming again in no time.

Me? I've killed catcus, aloe and air plants. I've got a brown thumb all the way down to my knees.

Alpha Echo
02-25-2010, 11:01 PM
My late sister was like that. People would give her dead, withered plants in pots of dried soil and she'd have them blossoming again in no time.

Me? I've killed catcus, aloe and air plants. I've got a brown thumb all the way down to my knees.

That's me all the way Del.

Taking care of the Little One is second nature to me. The cats I can manage. But plants? no way

slcboston
02-25-2010, 11:04 PM
I never had any problems with plants until the one weekend I left my cat alone. Wasn't the first weekend, but he decided it would be the last, I guess, and he ate my spider plant down to the stalks. Mind you, he'd never touched it before, he'd never been a "plant cat" and I'd had no problems.

Not this time.

And since then, I've had a heck of a time maintaining plants in my house. I think the spider plant used it's last breath to curse me.

Alpha Echo
02-25-2010, 11:09 PM
Eh, who needs plants?

I'm glad the spider plant wasn't poisonous.

slcboston
02-25-2010, 11:20 PM
Oh no, I knew enough not to have any poisonous plants in the house. One of the first things you learn with cats, I think, especially if they have a fondness for plants.

They never seem to eat poisonous plants when you let them outside, though, so I wonder why they can't tell the difference with houseplants?

Alpha Echo
02-25-2010, 11:21 PM
That's a good question.

My cat's an indoor cat. So is my SO's. Mine is declawed, his is not. Mine takes charge, his is just stupid. LOL. Neither of us can keep plants alive, so the most we had to worry about was the Christmas tree.

slcboston
02-25-2010, 11:27 PM
My current cat is not declawed. Which, seeing as she only seems to sharpen her claws on the exposed two-by four at the top of the stairs, and not on any real furniture or woodwork, I don't mind.

She's not very old, and is mild-mannered, so I guess she's good practice for me for the next cat. All of ours used to be declawed, but having since learned what happens in that process – *shudders* – I couldn't do that to a cat again, so I'll have to live with claws.

Though I do wish she'd knead a little less heavily on the bedspread.

Alpha Echo
02-25-2010, 11:30 PM
We bought new curtains - spent a fortune, but they're gorgeous. I said if Joey (the cat with claws) took a swipe at those, he was going to have an unfortunate accident.

The Little One would be the only person disappointed. I love our cats, but leave my pretty curtains alone!

Fortunately for Joey, he is not harming them.

DeleyanLee
02-25-2010, 11:31 PM
OK, true story:

Several jobs ago, I was the secretary to a boss that traveled a LOT. And he had this room in his house as a dedicated plant room. It was lovely. He and his SO broke up just before he went out on a 2 week trip out of the country, so he gives me the key to his house and asks me to water his plants.

I tell him, "You don't want to do this. I have a brown thumb. They'll all die if I have anything to do with them."

My best friend, who also worked there, said, "She's right. Don't do it."

He insisted. He wanted me to do it because he trusted me (but not my friend).

So I go there on the schedule he gives me, filled the containers as instructed, and water the plants.

They start going brown within a week.

I'm distressed because this is my BOSS.

So my friend starts riding into work with me and I let her into the house and SHE waters the plants and they'll all happy and green by the time he gets back.

Never told him--but I never let him talk me into doing it again either.

Sneaky Devil
02-25-2010, 11:34 PM
Wow Del, I'm sorry, but that's just :roll:

I know a few people who have that same problem though. My mom says it's because the plants know you're afraid to take care of them. She's weird.:D

On another note, you guys are making me miss my kittehs. :( So can't wait to have my own place again. Had to get rid of them all when I moved and since one of my nephews is allergic, I can't have one here. :(

slcboston
02-25-2010, 11:37 PM
Hmmm... I wish I could have a dedicated plant room. I have the extra room for it, just don't think it gets enough light.

And I suspect the landlord would be upset if I put in a skylight.

DeleyanLee
02-25-2010, 11:41 PM
Ask and do it legally (with permits and all) and you'll up the property value. A good landlord would even let you take a little off your rent as compensation too.

Midnight Star
02-25-2010, 11:42 PM
Hi reppies!

slcboston
02-25-2010, 11:46 PM
Ask and do it legally (with permits and all) and you'll up the property value. A good landlord would even let you take a little off your rent as compensation too.

Hmm... I shall ponder this. Assuming I get the money to spend on the skylight in the first place. But if so, I think that extra third floor room would make a nice plant room.

Either that or an exercise room. But I need a tv in it for that. Work out gets very boring otherwise.

Alpha Echo
02-25-2010, 11:46 PM
OK, true story:

Several jobs ago, I was the secretary to a boss that traveled a LOT. And he had this room in his house as a dedicated plant room. It was lovely. He and his SO broke up just before he went out on a 2 week trip out of the country, so he gives me the key to his house and asks me to water his plants.

I tell him, "You don't want to do this. I have a brown thumb. They'll all die if I have anything to do with them."

My best friend, who also worked there, said, "She's right. Don't do it."

He insisted. He wanted me to do it because he trusted me (but not my friend).

So I go there on the schedule he gives me, filled the containers as instructed, and water the plants.

They start going brown within a week.

I'm distressed because this is my BOSS.

So my friend starts riding into work with me and I let her into the house and SHE waters the plants and they'll all happy and green by the time he gets back.

Never told him--but I never let him talk me into doing it again either.

That so sounds like something that would happen to me!

Midnight Star
02-25-2010, 11:47 PM
*feels ignored* :cry:

slcboston
02-25-2010, 11:52 PM
*feels ignored* :cry:

tears?

really??

you that hard up for reps or just testing your acting chops?

Midnight Star
02-25-2010, 11:55 PM
No, I meant I felt ignored on the thread because I said hi on here and nobody said hi back.

Reps would be nice, though. :D

Alpha Echo
02-26-2010, 12:00 AM
HI MIDNIGHT!

Midnight Star
02-26-2010, 12:00 AM
HI ALPHA!

Sneaky Devil
02-26-2010, 12:05 AM
*tacklehugs midnight*

Hola!! :D

Midnight Star
02-26-2010, 12:07 AM
¡Hóla, Sneaky! ¿Cómo estás, chica?

Alpha Echo
02-26-2010, 12:08 AM
Oh, oh....

*shoots hand up*

Pick me! Pick me! I know that one!

Midnight Star
02-26-2010, 12:11 AM
Oh, oh....

*shoots hand up*

Pick me! Pick me! I know that one!

Go for it.

Sneaky Devil
02-26-2010, 12:14 AM
¡Hóla, Sneaky! ¿Cómo estás, chica?
Crap, the extent of my spanish knowledge reaches to tell you bien, but since I'm not, I can't exactly say that. :)

Midnight Star
02-26-2010, 12:18 AM
Crap, the extent of my spanish knowledge reaches to tell you bien, but since I'm not, I can't exactly say that. :)

Then you can say regulár, which means normal, or mal, which means bad.

I've only been taking Spanish for two weeks and I know all of this already. :D Bet you thought I was bilingual, didn't you?

Sneaky Devil
02-26-2010, 12:21 AM
I do have some Spanish knowledge, but really it's mostly swear words. :D My friends teach me little by little so I'm getting better at the rest of it.

Alpha Echo
02-26-2010, 12:25 AM
All right reppers, I'm outta here! Time to go home and celebrate my third full-length novel! Lot of work left to go, but I'm up for the challenge! :)

Okay, really only the second. The first was dreadful.

Ya'll have a good night.

Tomorrow's FRIDAY!

Midnight Star
02-26-2010, 12:26 AM
Bye April.

Rachel
02-26-2010, 01:02 AM
I have returned!

Sneaky Devil
02-26-2010, 01:07 AM
*30 second rule* Been a LONG time since I had to do this........

:e2poke: :e2poke: Welcome back Race! :D

Midnight Star
02-26-2010, 01:11 AM
Hi Race!

slcboston
02-26-2010, 01:23 AM
I have returned!

were you gone??

DeleyanLee
02-26-2010, 04:09 AM
OK, made it all the way home and there's no snow yet. :hooray:

Now to see what happens come morning.

I even feel good enough to consider this W-thing tonight. Imagine that.

Kitty
02-26-2010, 04:37 AM
I have a slight 'puter malfunction and all sortsa things happen :roll:

Sneaks... what am I gonna do with you? :D

Plants... my pa taught me 'bout plants and stuff... how to read them and what they want. He's like way old school from the back of nowhere in a wee country town. Some of the lore he knows... like how to read weather and stuff - amazing.

Who was it talking about their mum and vibes? It isn't too far off...

True story - over at the in-law's place, I started this garden up. Nothing exciting but slowly started building a herb garden. Would water it once a week (water restrictions at the time), usual sorta pruning n all that. By the time we moved out, it had all grown to full size and was self-propagating.

Within 2 weeks, MIL doing exactly the same thing as I (and she's heavily into gardening with no dramas) and it starts to die off. I came back for a couple of days and it started growing again. When we finished moving everything out, it all died within a month... the pond cracked and it's just a shitty little corner now. She asked me what I was doing that was different and I just shrugged.

I figured it had to do with vibrations... 'cause that was trippy as hell...

Sneaky Devil
02-26-2010, 05:29 AM
Sneaks... what am I gonna do with you? :D
I have a whole list of things. :e2brows:

Who was it talking about their mum and vibes? It isn't too far off...

True story - over at the in-law's place, I started this garden up. Nothing exciting but slowly started building a herb garden. Would water it once a week (water restrictions at the time), usual sorta pruning n all that. By the time we moved out, it had all grown to full size and was self-propagating.

Within 2 weeks, MIL doing exactly the same thing as I (and she's heavily into gardening with no dramas) and it starts to die off. I came back for a couple of days and it started growing again. When we finished moving everything out, it all died within a month... the pond cracked and it's just a shitty little corner now. She asked me what I was doing that was different and I just shrugged.

I figured it had to do with vibrations... 'cause that was trippy as hell...
That was all me babe. My mom is of the opinion that, if you're worried about taking care of the flowers/garden, then they'll know it. She also talks to her plants when she waters them. A habit I actually picked up. :D

Kitty
02-26-2010, 05:47 AM
:roll:

Just a list Sneaks? Damn... woulda thought you'd have a book by now ;)

Yeh... my da doesn't talk to them but he use to pause before sicker plants, touch them for a bit and keep doing that. Before you knew it, it'd be back to life. Or he'd look at a plant and go 'yep, you're comin' down' and the damn thing would start dying.

Tell ya'... whatever it is village people learnt back then, trips me out :D

...nothin' wrong with talkin' to them. Some plants have more personality than some people ;)

Sneaky Devil
02-26-2010, 07:10 AM
In my defense, it is rather long. ;)

I pet my plants all the time. :Shrug: Another habit I picked up from my mother. :D

Kitty
02-26-2010, 07:52 AM
I'd love to take a look at this list one day *grinz*

and yes... you are weird :tongue

...says the lass who runs fingers over plants to see which needs what :rolleyes:

Sneaky Devil
02-26-2010, 08:05 AM
Do you think maybe this has to do with our fixation with touching things? :rolleyes:

Kitty
02-26-2010, 08:12 AM
Do you think maybe this has to do with our fixation with touching things? :rolleyes:

...ummm... ummmm....

quite possibly... it all feels nice when it's smooth and velvety ;)

Sneaky Devil
02-26-2010, 08:17 AM
now that you mention smooth... :Ssh:

STOP IT! damn evil fingers almost got the better of me that time

must remember to :censored myself in "public" .... well, this particular public anyway ;)

Kitty
02-26-2010, 08:21 AM

but darlin'... you know you want to ;)

'specially when you get those thick and waxy ones ... run it 'tween your fingers, feel how defined the veins are and how big they get...

gotta love rainforest plants :D

Sneaky Devil
02-26-2010, 08:28 AM
OMFG :ROFL: :ROFL:

and yes, it deserves two of them ;)

Personally I prefer the small ones, they allow more room for other decorations. :D

My god you're making this a difficult test of my restraint.

Kitty
02-26-2010, 08:34 AM
oh... at least two of them..

sometimes more are needed... you know... just to get the entire feel for it...

can't be neglectful about these things ;)

slcboston
02-26-2010, 08:34 AM
Why are we petting plants?

Personally that seems like a bad idea to me. But that might just be because touching certain plants leads to bad results for me.

Sneaky Devil
02-26-2010, 08:36 AM
oh... at least two of them..

sometimes more are needed... you know... just to get the entire feel for it...

can't be neglectful about these things ;)
*sigh* I adore you kitteh *pets* :evil

being neglectful is just wrong, i pet my plants daily ;)

Kitty
02-26-2010, 08:37 AM
ummm...

errr...

maybe you aren't petting the right ones....?

Sneaky Devil
02-26-2010, 08:39 AM
*spits out pop*

Kitty
02-26-2010, 08:40 AM
*sigh* I adore you kitteh *pets* :evil

being neglectful is just wrong, i pet my plants daily ;)

I do try so very hard to be good

Sneaky Devil
02-26-2010, 08:43 AM
Is that one of those "even when i'm bad it's always good" things? :D

Kitty
02-26-2010, 08:46 AM
Is that one of those "even when i'm bad it's always good" things? :D

ummm....maybe?

;)

slcboston
02-26-2010, 08:47 AM
All I know is, I don't touch the ones with three leaves.

Or that are shiny.

Or something about berries.

Not that I have to touch them, really. Standing downwind seems to have just as deleterious effect.

... I'm telling you, the spider plant cursed me.

Sneaky Devil
02-26-2010, 08:48 AM
methinks there's no maybe about it Kitty :e2seesaw:

Kitty
02-26-2010, 08:50 AM
awwww :Hug2:

I really can't comment...

So far all the plants I've touched, have wanted me to continue doing so :D

hush you Sneaks :tongue

LaurieD
02-26-2010, 08:52 AM
Ummm...

Yeah...

Hmmm...

Sneaky Devil
02-26-2010, 08:52 AM
I really can't comment...

So far all the plants I've touched, have wanted me to continue doing so :D

I can see why ;)

hush you Sneaks :tongue

*snicker* I call it how I see it.... and there's absolutely nothing wrong with how I see it either. :D

ETA: Hey Laurie :D

Kitty
02-26-2010, 08:56 AM
on that note... I'm off for a bit :D

LaurieD
02-26-2010, 09:00 AM
Hey Sneaks.

I said somethign about being off the other day and someone told me I was always off. :Wha:

Sneaky Devil
02-26-2010, 09:01 AM
LOL Laurie, that's not a bad thing is it?

Personally, I think being off is a very good thing. Normal is boring. The off ones are the ones that make you laugh when they run around outside naked and singing. :D

ETA: *checks post count* we're gettin there :D
off to write folks, have a good night, behave yourselves.....somewhat anyway :D

sadron
02-26-2010, 12:35 PM
Morning reppers!

I must be in love or something. :D

Sneaky Devil
02-26-2010, 03:20 PM
G'mornin Reppers!

sadron is in love? :e2woo:

sadron
02-26-2010, 03:28 PM
Hi Sneaks. Morning.

Yeah. He he hee. :D

Alpha Echo
02-26-2010, 04:38 PM
Mornin' guys. TGIF!

Aw....congrats, Sadron!!! It's good to be in love. :) Especially when you know it's actually love and not something hideous that you try to turn into love...

Sorry...thinking about my own life there for a second.

Congrats!

sadron
02-26-2010, 04:41 PM
Aw thanks Alpha Echo. :)

Sneaky Devil
02-26-2010, 04:54 PM
Mornin' guys. TGIF!

Aw....congrats, Sadron!!! It's good to be in love. :) Especially when you know it's actually love and not something hideous that you try to turn into love...

Sorry...thinking about my own life there for a second.

Congrats!
Damn AE, I thought you were channeling me for a minute there. :ROFL:

Morning :D

Alpha Echo
02-26-2010, 04:59 PM
Aw, Sneaks.

It's true, though. I was with my ex-husband for 5 years before we got married, and I should have had a clue sometime during that time period, but I didn't. We were married a year before (I found this out later) he put an ad on Craig's list and started an affair. He's now married to her, she's pregnant.

During the time we were married (and earlier in the relationship), I did everything the way he wanted when he wanted it how he wanted, and told myself it was love. I was always walking on eggshells, afraid of doing something that would make him leave (meanwhile, who knows how many women he was with ew).

Ugh.

Now, I'm marrying a guy who is amazing. We both put each other first but without becoming someone different. If I get home from work and don't feel like doing a damn thing, he doesn't care. Everything just flows in a natural rhythm. It's great. :)

Sneaky Devil
02-26-2010, 05:09 PM
AE: I know how you feel, truly. My ex and I, well we weren't together for more than 8 months (that's how long it took me to plan the wedding... or rather for him to tell me how it should go) and then we got married. We'd known each other for 4 years by that point though, were friends, but never dated. The whole 5 years we were married though was crap. I was happy for a minute or two, but not for long. To my knowledge he never cheated on me, but honestly I wouldn't put it past him. He was always gone, finding some excuse or another to leave the house, and leave me there in the process, so I'm sure he did. (I'd just rather not admit that it's yet another guy I've been with who cheated on me, so I pretend like he never did. :D)

*sigh* I wasted five years of my life on a fool who wasn't even worth it. Nothing like first-hand experience I suppose. :)

Alpha Echo
02-26-2010, 05:13 PM
That is true. Sometimes, I wish I hadn't wasted that time. I wish I'd met my SO earlier (we met on eharmony last June, getting married this July). He went through hell with his ex - seriously, you wouldn't believe what she put him through. Accusing him of everything under the sun and losing every time in court. He fought like hell for his daughter and ended up with 50% custody/50% visitation as well as control of both his daughter's and ex's passports so his ex can't take their daughter back to Japan and never bring her back.

So I figure...we both went through hell, but now it's almost as though that never happened. Made us into the people that found each other and could love each other...we may not have been those people 10 years ago. Don't know. I do know that both of us would do it all again if we knew we'd end up right back here with each other. :)

Okay, enough mushy talk. I'm gonna start on my crime novel today!

Sneaky Devil
02-26-2010, 05:15 PM
Yes, enough mushy talk. But first let me just say congrats on finding the SO. ;)

What's your book about? :D

Alpha Echo
02-26-2010, 05:17 PM
Read the sig. :) Although that doesn't tell you everything. You weren't part of my conversation earlier about it? No, I guess that was mostly the sheep.

Sneaky Devil
02-26-2010, 05:30 PM
Ah yes, I remember now. My apologies, I had a blonde moment. :D

Kitty
02-26-2010, 06:00 PM
My apologies, I had a blonde moment. :D

yeh... keep tellin' yourself that :rolleyes:

Alpha Echo
02-26-2010, 06:08 PM
Morning Kit.

I have blonde moments sometimes. Though my ex used to say that every once in awhile, I'd have a brunette moment - that's how blonde I was.

Sneaky Devil
02-26-2010, 06:11 PM
yeh... keep tellin' yourself that :rolleyes:
Just because I'm easily distracted doesn't mean-

Oh look, I found a quarter!

Kitty
02-26-2010, 06:14 PM
Morning Kit.

I have blonde moments sometimes. Though my ex used to say that every once in awhile, I'd have a brunette moment - that's how blonde I was.

good mornin' :D

I really can't comment. Half the time, my brain tries to ooze out of my ears and attempts to form its own union near the easel. I can't say I really blame it...

Just because I'm easily distracted doesn't mean-

Oh look, I found a quarter!

Like the talking mutt said, 'Squirrel!'

sheesh girl... get it right :tongue

slcboston
02-26-2010, 06:15 PM
That was *way* too much to read through on only two cups of coffee.

Morning reppers.

Snow day here today. Everything but the local uni is now cancelled. Though I still need to go and pick up my car, and then try not to crash it again while I take it the two miles from my mechanic to my home.

Sneaky Devil
02-26-2010, 06:18 PM
:ROFL: kitteh
I'll remember it right the next time. ;)

Really boston? One page was too much huh? *cough* lazy *cough*

btw - did you guys see the flying farm animal in the RT last night? DL set it up for me. Ya know how it is, she tells me NOT to do something and I do it anyway. :D

Kitty
02-26-2010, 06:25 PM
don't be too hard on sheep boi...

...he is gettin' on in years ;)

Alpha Echo
02-26-2010, 06:26 PM

Sneaky Devil
02-26-2010, 06:27 PM

That he is

*ducks before sheep starts chuckin' stuff at her*

Kitty
02-26-2010, 06:32 PM

That he is

*ducks before sheep starts chuckin' stuff at her*

ummm... Sneaks...

really? ;)

Sneaky Devil
02-26-2010, 06:34 PM
nah, i was just tryin to change it up a bit for a change

i didn't like it either :D

Kitty
02-26-2010, 06:39 PM

but ya' know... it just isn't as much fun when he isn't here, spluttering and trying to defend himself...

....it's like playing with a half dead mouse....

now where's the joy in that, honestly

Sneaky Devil
02-26-2010, 06:42 PM
Generally in our exchanges I'm the one who ends up doing the spluttering. :rolleyes:

I hate to admit it, but the sheepy is definitely good at making me stfu real fast. I suppose he does have one or two talents. :ROFL:

Kitty
02-26-2010, 06:48 PM

could almost hear that painfully whispered ;)

It's ok Sneaks... we know how hard that must've been for you to admit

Sneaky Devil
02-26-2010, 06:50 PM
It was very hard. I feel... unclean now.

*hangs head in shame*

Kitty
02-26-2010, 06:57 PM

*hangs head in shame*

*pats you on the back* there there Sneaks... we understand

would this help? :e2shower:

:Ssh:

DeleyanLee
02-26-2010, 07:00 PM
The sheep is getting up in years? *cough* Having met him, he's a youngster.

Well, at least comparatively.

slcboston
02-26-2010, 07:01 PM
It wasn't the length of the page, it was the density of the posts.

Though I admit that's a better thing to read through than dense posters. Of which there have been a few.

Present company excepted, of course.

slcboston
02-26-2010, 07:02 PM
....it's like playing with a half dead mouse....

now where's the joy in that, honestly

According to my cat?

Quite a lot.

In fact, even *dead* - or rather stuffed - there seems to be a great deal of joy in playing with it.

And you call yourself a kitty?

:wag:

slcboston
02-26-2010, 07:04 PM

*hangs head in shame*

:Wha:

Really?

.... Huh, I wouldn't have thought that condition was possible for you.

Must be one hell of a snowstorm in Hell today

Kitty
02-26-2010, 07:04 PM
The sheep is getting up in years? *cough* Having met him, he's a youngster.

Well, at least comparatively.

but... but...

:e2bummed:

Though I admit that's a better thing to read through than dense posters. Of which there have been a few.

Present company excepted, of course.

ummmm... thanks... ? :D

Sneaky Devil
02-26-2010, 07:07 PM
*pats you on the back* there there Sneaks... we understand

would this help? :e2shower:

:Ssh:
Dammit kitteh, there you go again!
must....resist....urge

:Wha:

Really?

.... Huh, I wouldn't have thought that condition was possible for you.

Must be one hell of a snowstorm in Hell today
I don't know whether to :Jaw: or :ROFL: so I have to do both.

Believe it or not, and I know it doesn't happen often, but there are some things that cause that response in me. :wag:

Kitty
02-26-2010, 07:09 PM
According to my cat?

Quite a lot.

In fact, even *dead* - or rather stuffed - there seems to be a great deal of joy in playing with it.

yeh... it's fun once you get it to that point :tongue

btw, mine won't touch a toy one unless it's made of rabbit fur :Wha:

...after that... well... except for a heart and liver left for me in the mornings, I think I'm good...

Alpha Echo
02-26-2010, 07:11 PM
According to my cat?

Quite a lot.

I wish I could say something right now, but I won't.

Kitty
02-26-2010, 07:12 PM
Dammit kitteh, there you go again!
must....resist....urge

darlin' .... :evil

I felt like Darth Vader then :roll:

Kitty
02-26-2010, 07:14 PM
I wish I could say something right now, but I won't.

aw go on... you know you want to ;)

Alpha Echo
02-26-2010, 07:16 PM
Don't wanna get the thread locked or anything. :tongue

I don't wanna work today either. :(

Sneaky Devil
02-26-2010, 07:16 PM
darlin' .... :evil

I know, I know. But as we've all seen, once I get started, it's extremely hard for me to stop, and rather than putting a toe over the line, I leap over it and lose sight of it very quickly. :ROFL:

Kitty
02-26-2010, 07:20 PM
Don't wanna get the thread locked or anything. :tongue

I don't wanna work today either. :(

:Hug2:

then don't... stay with us *whispering in your ear* join us AE... join us....

I know, I know. But as we've all seen, once I get started, it's extremely hard for me to stop, and rather than putting a toe over the line, I leap over it and lose sight of it very quickly. :ROFL:

girl... you know what your problem is?

you need a bit ;)

Alpha Echo
02-26-2010, 07:22 PM
I get a bit every night. Well, more than a bit....

Oookay...so what are ya'lls plans this weekend? Anything exciting?

Kitty
02-26-2010, 07:25 PM

*sighs theatrically* that's one of us at least :ROFL:

nope... oh actually yeh...sorta... fancy dress 30th b'day to go to tomorrow night after a day of painting... and hoping I don't screw up the rest of said painting :D

Sneaky Devil
02-26-2010, 07:26 PM
girl... you know what your problem is?

you need a lot more than a bit since it's been so long since anyone worth it came along ;)

fixed it :D

DeleyanLee
02-26-2010, 07:27 PM
This weekend. Hmmmm.

I need to do laundry. Am supposed to go to a shooting range and shoot a gun for the first time in my life on Saturday. That's about the gist of it.

Kitty
02-26-2010, 07:28 PM

Alpha Echo
02-26-2010, 07:30 PM
Kitty - what do you paint?

Del - not sure about laundry (I have to do that too), but shooting a gun is fun! You'll love it (I do anyway)

Tonight...I'll be gettin' some. :D Tomorrow, I have to clean the entire house before my gf and her hubby come over for dinner and cards. First time she's ever been over, and she's very anal in her own house, so I have to make it spic and span. It'll be fun though.

Sunday...no plans, really. When we don't have the Little One we just...yeah... ;)

Kitty
02-26-2010, 07:34 PM
Kitty - what do you paint?

Del - not sure about laundry (I have to do that too), but shooting a gun is fun! You'll love it (I do anyway)

Tonight...I'll be gettin' some. :D Tomorrow, I have to clean the entire house before my gf and her hubby come over for dinner and cards. First time she's ever been over, and she's very anal in her own house, so I have to make it spic and span. It'll be fun though.

Sunday...no plans, really. When we don't have the Little One we just...yeah... ;)

Are you trying to depress us? :tongue

I paint the stuff my link thingy down there *points down* will take you to :D

Alpha Echo
02-26-2010, 07:36 PM
ah. I'll have to check it out when I'm not at work.

Why when I order stuff from Victoria's Secret does the size chart not ever seem to work? I really hope this time it does, cuz the stuff is all ready backordered, and I need it no later than July!

Sneaky Devil
02-26-2010, 07:36 PM
Click it AE, you'll be glad you did. :D

And seriously, quit braggin'. :ROFL:

slcboston
02-26-2010, 07:39 PM
btw, mine won't touch a toy one unless it's made of rabbit fur :Wha:

catnip.

We keep some in a plastic bag and periodically refresh the toys - which are supposedly stuffed with the nip anyway. I just toss the toy in the bag, seal it up, and give it a good shake.

Seems to keep her happy, anyway.

Kitty
02-26-2010, 07:39 PM

Sneaks... looks like we're left with tropical plants and toys :ROFL:

n thanks *blows a kiss* :)

Alpha Echo
02-26-2010, 07:42 PM

Ok.

*hangs head and shuffles out of the room*

slcboston

Plans?

What are these "plans" you speak of?

I have no idea what it would be like to have plans for the weekend....

Obligations, yes, but not plans.

Kitty
catnip.

We keep some in a plastic bag and periodically refresh the toys - which are supposedly stuffed with the nip anyway. I just toss the toy in the bag, seal it up, and give it a good shake.

Seems to keep her happy, anyway.

if it weren't for the fact one of them OD'd on the stuff, I'd give it a shot :roll:

the other two won't go near it... dunno why :Shrug:

oh... there is this other plant... catmint - they seem to like that but they eat it...sleep on it and generally kill the poor thing so it's pointless getting it all the time

Alpha Echo
02-26-2010, 07:44 PM
Plans?

What are these "plans" you speak of?

I have no idea what it would be like to have plans for the weekend....

Obligations, yes, but not plans.

Ok, then what are those obligations?

Sneaky Devil
02-26-2010, 07:44 PM
I would say it was sad, in my case anyway, if it didn't get job done so well. :roll:

*puts kiss in pocket* My pleasure. ;)

Kitty
02-26-2010, 07:45 PM
Ok.

*hangs head and shuffles out of the room*

GROUP HUG! :D

slcboston
02-26-2010, 07:45 PM
Why when I order stuff from Victoria's Secret does the size chart not ever seem to work?

Check the filters and settings on your browser.

I have this issue - not with that particular website - because I run a number of anti-ad and anti-script programs in order to clean up my browsing and keep all the adds and pop-ups at bay.

But it sometimes blocks the things I need to click on, too.

Should be in your settings, if it's not in the taskbar or one of the menus. And you can set it by site, too.

slcboston
02-26-2010, 07:47 PM
Ok, then what are those obligations?

I have to be on the altar on Sunday for service.

No, not the priest - though I went as one a couple of Halloweens ago and had some people fooled. But something similar only without having the bother of going through divinity school and being ordained.

Alpha Echo
02-26-2010, 07:49 PM
Check the filters and settings on your browser.

I have this issue - not with that particular website - because I run a number of anti-ad and anti-script programs in order to clean up my browsing and keep all the adds and pop-ups at bay.

But it sometimes blocks the things I need to click on, too.

Should be in your settings, if it's not in the taskbar or one of the menus. And you can set it by site, too.

Oh, no I meant that whatever I order never fits. Sorry...I didn't word that clearly at all. I just can't figure out what size works. It's a girl thing and damn annoying. I wish they had a physical store so I could try things on.

Alpha Echo
02-26-2010, 07:49 PM
I have to be on the altar on Sunday for service.

No, not the priest - though I went as one a couple of Halloweens ago and had some people fooled. But something similar only without having the bother of going through divinity school and being ordained.

I have no idea what that means, but okay.

What about tonight? Tomorrow?

Alpha Echo
02-26-2010, 07:50 PM
GROUP HUG! :D

lol

Sneaky Devil
02-26-2010, 07:52 PM
Oh, no I meant that whatever I order never fits. Sorry...I didn't word that clearly at all. I just can't figure out what size works. It's a girl thing and damn annoying. I wish they had a physical store so I could try things on.
I think there's like 3 VS stores in the surrounding cities. Not sure why we need quite that many, but hey, I'm not complaining. :D

DeleyanLee
02-26-2010, 07:52 PM
OK. Time to move snow so I can take girlchild to college since housemate is sicker than the dogs.

See peoples later!

Kitty
02-26-2010, 07:58 PM
have a good one Deleyan :D

Alpha Echo
02-26-2010, 08:02 PM
I think there's like 3 VS stores in the surrounding cities. Not sure why we need quite that many, but hey, I'm not complaining. :D

Well, we have the lingerie stores, but not the regular clothes. Frustrating.

Sneaky Devil
02-26-2010, 08:04 PM
Ah, I gotcha, same over here. Not that I don't enjoy spending $50 on a bra, but I'd like to be able to spend it on other things they sell as well. :D

ETA: Damn! On top.. AGAIN! :D

slcboston
02-26-2010, 08:04 PM
I have no idea what that means, but okay.

What about tonight? Tomorrow?

We will likely be snowed in tonight. :D

Tomorrow... I've been roped into a dinner party I have no interest in and am trying to get out of but which I probably have no choice in the matter because it's a favored owed to someone.

If they let me cook I may try to subtly poison the lot.

:evil

Alpha Echo
02-26-2010, 08:06 PM
Are you a good cook?

slcboston
02-26-2010, 08:07 PM
... and no, I cannot relate at all to sizing issues.

Strictly an off-the rack from the department store (or wal-mart) guy.

When they aren't hand-me downs or some such. Come to think of it, the flannel shirt I'm in right now used to be my Dad's. He had too many of them in his closet and they never got worn so... I got them.

Quite comfy.

I think the last time I was measured for anything was the suit I bought right out of high school. Which was the last time I needed a suit.

Not counting the tuxedos I've been forced into for various weddings of friends.

slcboston
02-26-2010, 08:08 PM
Are you a good cook?

No.

I am a *fantastic* cook. :D

Seriously, I'll do the whole false modesty thing for a lot of my skills, but I kick-ass in the kitchen and I know it.

Alpha Echo
02-26-2010, 08:08 PM
Ah, I gotcha, same over here. Not that I don't enjoy spending $50 on a bra, but I'd like to be able to spend it on other things they sell as well. :D

ETA: Damn! On top.. AGAIN! :D

I know. Their bras really do last so much longer than one from say, Kohls. I think I'm going to have to buy some new ones soon. I was just approved for a VS credit card afterall. Though I'm down to 1 credit card, so justifying using another is difficult...when money's finally going into retirement and savings accounts, it's nice. lol (My ex spent money we didn't have on things he'd use once (a surf board, SCUBA equipment, fancy pool sticks, a mountain bike) or the newest crap (Iphone, newest Ipod etc)

Alpha Echo
02-26-2010, 08:09 PM
No.

I am a *fantastic* cook. :D

Seriously, I'll do the whole false modesty thing for a lot of my skills, but I kick-ass in the kitchen and I know it.

Not a bad thing at all. I imagine that goes well with the ladies. ;)

I'm not a bad cook, but my SO does most of the cooking, and we eat extremely well. He's incredible.

Alpha Echo
02-26-2010, 08:10 PM
I paint the stuff my link thingy down there *points down* will take you to :D

I looked! I love it! You're very good! Not that I know anything about art or painting, but they're beautiful!

slcboston
02-26-2010, 08:10 PM
(My ex spent money we didn't have on things he'd use once (a surf board, SCUBA equipment, fancy pool sticks, a mountain bike) or the newest crap (Iphone, newest Ipod etc)

um... if you got those in your divorce and don't need them... I could use a new bike.

Kitty
02-26-2010, 08:12 PM
I looked! I love it! You're very good! Not that I know anything about art or painting, but they're beautiful!

*shuffles feet* fanks ma'am :)

Sneaky Devil
02-26-2010, 08:26 PM
I know. Their bras really do last so much longer than one from say, Kohls. I think I'm going to have to buy some new ones soon. I was just approved for a VS credit card afterall. Though I'm down to 1 credit card, so justifying using another is difficult...when money's finally going into retirement and savings accounts, it's nice. lol (My ex spent money we didn't have on things he'd use once (a surf board, SCUBA equipment, fancy pool sticks, a mountain bike) or the newest crap (Iphone, newest Ipod etc)
Ugh, my ex did the same thing... only it was hunting gear and nothing but hunting gear. Don't get me wrong, I don't mind hunting a bit, actually went out with him a few times, but to spend money we *really* don't have on it irritated me like you wouldn't believe. Particularly when there was something I wanted for the house, not myself mind you, the house, and I wouldn't get it. :rant:

*shuffles feet* fanks ma'am :)
So cute. ;)

Kitty
02-26-2010, 08:29 PM
HA! :wag:

I'm gonna go crash for a bit ma dears...

nighters :Hug2:

Alpha Echo
02-26-2010, 08:36 PM
... and no, I cannot relate at all to sizing issues.

Strictly an off-the rack from the department store (or wal-mart) guy.

When they aren't hand-me downs or some such. Come to think of it, the flannel shirt I'm in right now used to be my Dad's. He had too many of them in his closet and they never got worn so... I got them.

Quite comfy.

I think the last time I was measured for anything was the suit I bought right out of high school. Which was the last time I needed a suit.

Not counting the tuxedos I've been forced into for various weddings of friends.

Yeah, if you're a guy who doesn't work in an office....I wouldn't want a guy that really cared too much about his clothes.

My SO, being a contractor, has 2 sets of wardrobes - work/not work. The work stuff includes ripped shirts covered in paint/plaster/drywall mud and jeans with holes in the crotch. His "good" stuff includes two nice pair of jeans (that his only girl friend who happens to have my name took him shopping for before our first date) and a bunch of nice t-shirts.

Then he has the 2 suits for court appearances with the ex.

And 1 nice casual button-up shirt.

I wouldn't have him any other way.

Alpha Echo
02-26-2010, 08:38 PM
um... if you got those in your divorce and don't need them... I could use a new bike.

haha. Everything's been done since November. He's remarried and living half way across the country, and if I'm lucky, the fact that we work for the same gov. agency won't mean I ever have to see him again.

slcboston
02-26-2010, 08:39 PM
My step-dad runs his own business in that industry.

His closet was about the same. Only he had work/not work/church.

Those last two overlapped sometimes.

Alpha Echo
02-26-2010, 08:39 PM
Ugh, my ex did the same thing... only it was hunting gear and nothing but hunting gear. Don't get me wrong, I don't mind hunting a bit, actually went out with him a few times, but to spend money we *really* don't have on it irritated me like you wouldn't believe. Particularly when there was something I wanted for the house, not myself mind you, the house, and I wouldn't get it. :rant:

Exactly.

My SO wants to eventually buy a boat. When we have money, he usually spends on either wood (he makes stuff - he's good lol) or a new fishing rod. But he doesn't buy it...if the money's not there. That's why we don't have a boat yet.

Ugh.

Alpha Echo
02-26-2010, 08:40 PM
My step-dad runs his own business in that industry.

His closet was about the same. Only he had work/not work/church.

Those last two overlapped sometimes.

I just don't understand the hole in the crotch thing. How does that happen? I don't get it. He had some boxers in the same shape till I threw them out. I guess just from having them for years?

Alpha Echo
02-26-2010, 08:42 PM
HA! :wag:

I'm gonna go crash for a bit ma dears...

nighters :Hug2:

Night!!!!

slcboston
02-26-2010, 08:44 PM
I just don't understand the hole in the crotch thing. How does that happen? I don't get it. He had some boxers in the same shape till I threw them out. I guess just from having them for years?

If you could solve that issue - because I promise you your SO isn't the only one with that problem - there will be prizes and awards with your name on them.

We're talking Nobel stuff, there.

slcboston
02-26-2010, 08:46 PM
My SO wants to eventually buy a boat.

I want a boat.

Also need the money.

Might also help if I knew how to sail.

.... minor details.

Sneaky Devil
02-26-2010, 08:46 PM
For once I agree with sheepy. Every guy I've ever known has the same issue. :Shrug:

slcboston
02-26-2010, 08:50 PM
For once I agree with sheepy. Every guy I've ever known has the same issue. :Shrug:

Really? Every guy you've known wanted to know how to sail?

Huh, you must really go for the wanna-be nautical types.

Sneaky Devil
02-26-2010, 08:54 PM
Really? Every guy you've known wanted to know how to sail?

Huh, you must really go for the wanna-be nautical types.

Oh shush, I'm lagging over here. I meant the holes in pants thing. :wag: Cut me some slack, the stupid phone keeps ringing. :roll:

DeleyanLee
02-26-2010, 08:55 PM
My ex was like that, but only with techy stuff and software. Unfortunately, we were married in the '80s when all that stuff was at least $1000, and usually closer to $4000 and software was always $500 or more. Then he packratted trash (literally trash) and lose the new expensive toys amidst the piles.

It was like a treasure hunt, cleaning the house after I kicked him out. Constantly amazing--and did I have a really GREAT yard sale! :D Best revenge ever.

slcboston
02-26-2010, 08:58 PM
I think the holes in the pants may just be how we guys sit. We tend to plant our legs wide, our knees wide, and it stretches the fabric there.

But you'd think they could reinforce it somehow, or stitch it differently so it didn't take all the tension on that seam.

Alpha Echo
02-26-2010, 08:59 PM
It was like a treasure hunt, cleaning the house after I kicked him out. Constantly amazing--and did I have a really GREAT yard sale! :D Best revenge ever.

that is awesome!

Sneaky Devil
02-26-2010, 09:01 PM
*skates over sheepy's post* Nope, can't even think about it cus I'll just get into trouble.

Del, I did that with the few things my ex left with me. Although he didn't do it on purpose, he left one of his favorite bows there. Wish it would have been the better of the three he had, but it wasn't. Still, got a nice chunk of change for it. :D

Alpha Echo
02-26-2010, 09:06 PM
Oh man.

I wonder if I can tell the story of what I did to my ex on here w/o getting banned...lemme think about how to word it.

Meanwhile, I have 525 words on my new WIP! Wahoo!

Alpha Echo
02-26-2010, 10:17 PM
Boo. I guess I'm all alone in here.

Sneaky Devil
02-26-2010, 10:24 PM
Nuh-uh, I iz here, just typing up a blog post I've been neglecting is all. :D

sadron
02-26-2010, 10:33 PM
Hellooooooooooo--ooo!

Alpha Echo
02-26-2010, 10:33 PM
There you guys are!

Alpha Echo
02-26-2010, 10:34 PM
My stomach's cramping. I need the doctor to figure out what the hell is wrong with me. Ugh.

Sneaky Devil
02-26-2010, 10:34 PM
*bats eyelashes*

'Ello sadron :D

ETA: That's not good AE, you should really get that checked out. :( Hope you feel better soon. :Hug2:

sadron
02-26-2010, 10:56 PM
Hiya Sneaky! I hope you are well soon, AE. *hugs*

Tin Man
02-26-2010, 10:58 PM
Hiya Rep-a-chillas.

Sneaky Devil
02-26-2010, 11:01 PM
*tacklef-, i mean hugs, tinny*

Hi there Tin ;)

Alpha Echo
02-26-2010, 11:02 PM
Hey Tin.

Thanks guys. It's been a problem for years, and they've tried all sorts of tests.

*sigh*

I'm gonna try my SO's doctor soon.

sadron
02-26-2010, 11:10 PM
*tackles Tinny and laughs like mad* Oh sorry about that. :D HIII!

Np, AE. :)

Tin Man
02-26-2010, 11:19 PM
*tacklef-, i mean hugs, tinny*

Hi there Tin ;)

I luvs the tacklef,baby!

*tackles Tinny and laughs like mad* Oh sorry about that. HIII!

Np, AE.

Hey Tin.

Thanks guys. It's been a problem for years, and they've tried all sorts of tests.

*sigh*

I'm gonna try my SO's doctor soon.

Hiya AE!

Best of luck to you and yours.

-oofa-

No worries, sadron. I can always use a good tackle-grapple!

Sneaky Devil
02-26-2010, 11:23 PM
*snicker* I bet you do. :e2brows:

So how's the Tin Man doing today?

sadron
02-26-2010, 11:23 PM
Tinny <3 :) Hows it going?

Tin Man
02-26-2010, 11:24 PM
*snicker* I bet you do. :e2brows:

So how's the Tin Man doing today?

I do. I do. :evil

Don ok. Gots more shoveling ta do,then get ready fer work. Joy.

Hows by youz?

Tinny <3 Hows it going?

Goin aiight. Lovin my new PC!

Hah youuuu?

Sneaky Devil
02-26-2010, 11:28 PM
Not too shabby. Procrastinating on some things at the moment, which I really shouldn't be doing. Just can't seem to get the motivation I need at the moment.

Tin Man
02-26-2010, 11:31 PM
Gotcha. Me too.

One o dose dayz....

sadron
02-26-2010, 11:38 PM
Just spending time at parents' place, chatting. :tongue

Midnight Star
02-26-2010, 11:51 PM
Hi reppies!

Sneaky Devil
02-26-2010, 11:52 PM
Hi midnight :D

sadron
02-26-2010, 11:53 PM
Hi midni! (can I call like that? :D)

lazy evening...

Sneaky Devil
02-27-2010, 12:15 AM
ZOMG! I was just insulted and complimented all at the same time in my reps. :ROFL:

And all because I did this in said person's reps:

I'm Henry the eighth I am
Henry the eighth I am, I am
I got married to the widow next door
She's been married seven times before
And every one was an Henry (Henry)
She wouldn't have a Willy or a Sam (no Sam)
I'm her eighth old man, I'm Henry
Henry the eighth I am

Second verse same as the first
A whole lot louder and a whole lot worse

Go figure :Shrug:

slcboston
02-27-2010, 12:23 AM
Took me 45 minutes to shovel out the drive, the sidewalk, and streetside parking for my neighbor (because I was being nice).

Takes care of my workout for today.

Midnight Star
02-27-2010, 12:24 AM
Sadron: yes, you may.

Sneaky: THAT WAS ME!!

slcboston
02-27-2010, 12:25 AM
I'm Henry the eighth I am...

So... who was Whoopi to your Patrick Swayze?

Sneaky Devil
02-27-2010, 12:43 AM
Took me 45 minutes to shovel out the drive, the sidewalk, and streetside parking for my neighbor (because I was being nice).

Takes care of my workout for today.
Um, ew, that's far too much shoveling to do. I'm glad I have nephews for that kind of work around here. :D
Besides, my back seriously would NOT be able to handle that. I'd be laid up for weeks.

So... who was Whoopi to your Patrick Swayze?

Shush sheepy :tongue

slcboston
02-27-2010, 12:47 AM
Too late. She already answered.

Neurotic
02-27-2010, 12:50 AM
Morning reppers. :D

Two days until I'm officially a student again. I have all of my text books, unless it turns out there is a book for my accounting course, in which case I have most of my text books. And I really need to study because my Japanese hasn't slipped too badly (Thank you Mariko and Kaisei and the ramen place near the supermarket) but I've forgotten every single word of Chinese I learned last year, or near enough.

Sneaky Devil
02-27-2010, 12:58 AM
Well that's good to hear Neuro... not about forgetting, the other stuff I mean. :D

*grumbles about the phone* Dammit I wish people would stop calling! I'm tired of getting kicked off the internet just so they can hang up on the answering machine! :rant:

slcboston
02-27-2010, 01:18 AM
I've forgotten every single word of Chinese I learned last year, or near enough.

Ni hao.

Wo jiao er pijou.

All you need to know. I can do that in German, too, only it's a bit more intuitive to go "Zwei beir, bitte."

And yes, it's always a good idea to know how to order two.

Neurotic
02-27-2010, 01:33 AM
Heh. Without the tone marks I thought for a second you were saying you were called 2 beers.

I need more practice than I thought.

slcboston
02-27-2010, 01:42 AM
Ooh, sorry, forgot about typing the tone marks.

On the other hand, you can always just point at the beer girl and hold up two fingers, and that works just as well.

Sneaky Devil
02-27-2010, 01:44 AM
<< is extremely confuzzled

Neurotic
02-27-2010, 01:49 AM
Any suggestion from you I tend to view with suspicion. Any suggestion from you followed by a :roll: I tend to completely disregard. Makes me think, I bet that's some sort of obscene or suggestive gesture.

It's nothing personal, really. You're just kind of a smartarse. Not so dissimilar to my brothers. Suggestion: May be a catch, may not. Suggestion + laughter: There's almost certainly a catch.

;)

Sneaky Devil
02-27-2010, 01:51 AM
:e2point:

ETA: That smiley looks creepy to me

slcboston
02-27-2010, 01:57 AM
I swear, I'm just helping you get drunk order the proper beverages when you do eventually get to travel abroad.

That's all.

*honest look*

Neurotic
02-27-2010, 02:03 AM
I swear you'll like it. It's not a hot chili. It's a different kind of chili. You're supposed to put it into your mouth whole though, not just bite off a bit. *honest look*

slcboston
02-27-2010, 02:13 AM
I would never, ever do something like that to someone.

That could hurt someone.

... now, something foul tasting, or... say, completely hypothetically, switching out someone's can full of cold beer for one full of warm water... that'd be something I'd do.

With an *honest look.*

But in the above post I was sincere.

Really.

You can trust me.

sadron
02-27-2010, 02:20 AM
Good night!

Sneaky Devil
02-27-2010, 02:21 AM
G'night sadron :)

DeleyanLee
02-27-2010, 02:21 AM
* has sudden visions of the python in Disney's The Jungle Book with the whirling, psychedelic eyes: "Trusssst in me. Jusssst in me...."

slcboston
02-27-2010, 02:22 AM
later reppers.

Dinner beckons.

Kitty
02-27-2010, 06:36 AM
*grabs a coffee and plonks down in a corner*

:hi:

slcboston
02-27-2010, 06:39 AM
ooh, coffee.

Pity it's way too late for that. I have decaf, but that would mean getting up, and the cat would object.

Otherwise I would.

Neurotic
02-27-2010, 06:42 AM
Okay somebody talk me out of abandoning my books and going downstairs to sample the wares at the Lantern Festival food stalls.

Kitty
02-27-2010, 06:46 AM
Sheep boi... I'm sorry you've had to resort to decaf... I drank that once and all I could think of was it tasted like dirty dishwater :rolleyes:

Go to the festival Neuro... it's food... lotsa lotsa foood :D

slcboston
02-27-2010, 06:58 AM
You're asking us for help in *resisting* temptation?

Really? This lot?

That's like asking your local bartender to help you quit drinking. While you're in the bar.

Kitty
02-27-2010, 07:04 AM
I'm sure we could help her resist temptation but you gotta ask yourself, does she really want that...

What kind of friends would we be if we didn't lead our support ;)

bettielee
02-27-2010, 07:11 AM
** approaches reppers with hands out, filled with snacks. speaks clearly and makes no sudden moves so as not to frighten the natives**

Greetings, reppers.

I mean you no harm!

I bring snacks!

**allows reppers to smell the back of hand so they become reacquainted**

http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b40/bettieleetwo/Chocolates-1.jpg

http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b40/bettieleetwo/candy.jpg

Kitty
02-27-2010, 07:14 AM
I'm guessin' with this lot, you're likely to be overrun by salivating beasts, all clamouring to taste your 'wares :D

....such fine chocolately displays....

I'd have some but it'd all taste like turps atm :(

slcboston
02-27-2010, 07:48 AM
ooh.... truffles!

*nom nom nom*

er... what?

:e2cookie:

Kitty
02-27-2010, 07:55 AM
is that chocolate induced amnesia or you wondering 'bout the turps? :tongue

Sneaky Devil
02-27-2010, 08:15 AM
evening reppers

Kitty
02-27-2010, 08:25 AM
*pounces off the couch n tackles Sneaks*

slcboston
02-27-2010, 08:35 AM
is that chocolate induced amnesia or you wondering 'bout the turps? :tongue

that was my "yes I have chocolate smeared around my mouth and on my fingers. Go away and leave me with my noms" look.

Kitty
02-27-2010, 08:43 AM

Sneaky Devil
02-27-2010, 08:48 AM
*pounces off the couch n tackles Sneaks*

I would pet ya but you've pinned my hands... well, in a place I'd rather not move them from. ;)

Kitty
02-27-2010, 08:56 AM

keep it up girl... ;)

slcboston
02-27-2010, 09:00 AM
oh for god's sake you two... take it to a room or something, will you?

this isn't even popcorn worthy anymore...

Sneaky Devil
02-27-2010, 09:02 AM
nobody said you had to watch boston

Synonym
02-27-2010, 09:04 AM
He can't help it. I mean, look at him. Bug-eyed and caffeinated up to his eyebrows. :D

Kitty
02-27-2010, 09:05 AM
oh for god's sake you two... take it to a room or something, will you?

this isn't even popcorn worthy anymore...

If we let you join in, would that make you feel better? :tongue

nobody said you had to watch boston

I'll drag her off soon enough sheep boi... but you can't rush these things ;)

Kitty
02-27-2010, 09:06 AM
He can't help it. I mean, look at him. Bug-eyed and caffeinated up to his eyebrows. :D

nice :D

slcboston
02-27-2010, 09:08 AM
Maybe so, but I like this thread. Lately it feels likes it's been hijacked by a pair of sex-starved teens.

Which, granted, half of that may well be true, however....

And considering you're out in the open thread, saying "no one has to watch" is like putting yourself on the jumbotron in a sports arena and then asking everyone in the stadium to close their eyes.

Kitty
02-27-2010, 09:13 AM
what's a jumbotron?

nvm... just looked it up

n :Wha:

*sighs*

Sneaky Devil
02-27-2010, 09:16 AM
baa baa baa baa baa baa baa baa baa baa baa baa baa baa baa baa

Are we done now?

No worries boston, I get the point. I shall refrain from doing anything else that may or may not upset people who come into this thread.

Neurotic
02-27-2010, 09:19 AM
I went. Was good. May go again tomorrow if the stalls are there again.

For now, I die.

slcboston
02-27-2010, 09:28 AM
Are we done now?

No, the question is, are you done now?

Because it seemed like you got the point earlier, and then you were right back at it. Which kind of makes you wonder.

Getting the point for less than six hours is *not* getting the point. This thread isn't like this, it never has been. Hell, lately it seems like the conversation in here would make the Cabana blush, and *they* push it.

Mac frequently gives little mini lectures about what is, and what isn't acceptable, and this thread has been in the cross hairs before. I don't feel like going through another lecture.

Considering you were asked politely once to tone it down, and I thought given pretty damn compelling reasons to do so, common courtesy should have been enough.

I'm not a mod, and I don't have any real ability to do anything about it, but I wasn't the only one who noticed it. If you don't care, then by all means carry on. Maybe you'll get lucky and fly under the radar.

So yeah, it's annoying, and I'm more than a little miffed. You want to be pissed at me, then fine, be pissed. But at least the thread will still be here.

Kitty
02-27-2010, 09:35 AM
Boston, you can't blame it entirely on her. I haven't exactly helped things either.

So for all those who were offended or cringed when she n I are on together, I am sorry. It wasn't my intention to create this :(

slcboston
02-27-2010, 09:40 AM
Okay somebody talk me out of abandoning my books and going downstairs to sample the wares at the Lantern Festival food stalls.

Chinese holiday, right?

I thought that was at a different time of year?

Tin Man
02-27-2010, 09:49 AM
Hey folks. Checkin' in from the front lines.

All is quiet. So far......

Kitty
02-27-2010, 09:55 AM
*kicks Tin*

Tin Man
02-27-2010, 09:59 AM
Thanks, Kitteh. I need a good boost to get me goin'!

Work is slow right now, however, its too quiet, ya dig, like before the storm. ;)

slcboston
02-27-2010, 10:00 AM
Hey folks. Checkin' in from the front lines.

All is quiet. So far......

So... does that make us the MASH unit?

:e2salute:

And did I just show my age??

Tin Man
02-27-2010, 10:04 AM
So... does that make us the MASH unit?

:e2salute:

And did I just show my age??

:) Sorta. It's like a traige of sorts when the proverbial poop hits the fan.

Hmm. Perhaps. However, I'm with ya. Used to watch MASH lots back in the day.

slcboston
02-27-2010, 10:06 AM
... as long as I'm not Klinger, I'm good with that.

Kitty
02-27-2010, 10:06 AM
both of you are scary... you know this right? :tongue

Tin more so 'cause of the way he speaks... dude... so Woodstock :D

Sneaky Devil
02-27-2010, 10:09 AM
I would like to apologize to everyone in the thread. I know my behavior is out of hand most of the time, and if I've said or done something to offend or upset anybody, I am truly sorry. I don't want anything to happen to the thread because of the way I act so, yes, I am done. I know I've said that before and some of you are not going to believe me, but all I ask is that you give me a chance to prove to you that I can keep from acting the way I have been lately.

Again, I'm sorry.

slcboston
02-27-2010, 10:14 AM
It's all right Sneaks, really. The thread would be far too quiet without you.

Just... dial it back a little.

Do a little Zen breathing or something.

hmmm.... we don't have a Zen smiley....

slcboston
02-27-2010, 10:17 AM
both of you are scary... you know this right? :tongue

Um, no. Why?

Tin more so 'cause of the way he speaks... dude... so Woodstock :D

the dude abides?