Status
Not open for further replies.

Rachel

Stuff and nonsense.
Registered
Reaction score
:D

Truth.

Okay, reppers! It is Fringe time for me.

Happy New Zealanding in 2 months, 2 weeks, 4 days, Fenika! :D

Hettie

Once and future Queen......
Registered
Reaction score
I am usually in Key West at Christmas... I love the no snow! Last year we did not get to go... I sent snowmen pics...my sister sent me pics of the sandman they made on the beach...she is not a nice sister!!!!

slcboston

Pasture-ized
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I'm sorry, I'm a purist.

By which I mean I embrace the Victorian concept of what a proper Christmas ought to be. (Which, other than consulting detectives, is about the only thing I embrace from the Victorians.) I read "A Christmas Carol", listen to carols, decorate the tree, have a candy cane, etc...

And there'd better be snow. :D

Come to think of it, I might be kind of obnoxious in my embrace of the Christmas spirit.

Hettie

Registered
Reaction score
We do the candycanes, baking cookies, stockings, santa, rotisserie a turkey on the grill, we even get a big tree... but we are in swimming suits by noon instead of sledding!! SO much better!

slcboston

Pasture-ized
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I maintain the need for snow. Makes me feel cozy when we have a fire and sweaters and blankets and all. :D

Hettie

Registered
Reaction score
I will try thinking that this year... as we are unable to go again this year... I will think happy thoughts in front of the fire... I will not be sad and longing for the sound of the ocean, or the feel of sand between my toes, or the smell of the saltwater wafting through the screened in porch... no not sad at all...

slcboston

Pasture-ized
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
think of it this way... you can spend christmas in the snow... then hop a plane and spend New Year's someplace tropical.

THAT I have no objections to. :D

Neurotic

Militant apathist
Registered
Reaction score
I'm sorry, I'm a purist.

By which I mean I embrace the Victorian concept of what a proper Christmas ought to be. (Which, other than consulting detectives, is about the only thing I embrace from the Victorians.) I read "A Christmas Carol", listen to carols, decorate the tree, have a candy cane, etc...

And there'd better be snow. :D

Come to think of it, I might be kind of obnoxious in my embrace of the Christmas spirit.

In-con-CEIVABLE!

:D

I've only had one thing even resembling a white Christmas. I like summer Christmas better. Because when the family gets obnoxious (usually after they've spent too much time embracing the Christmas spirits) I can go down to the river for a swim or something. And if any of them follows me down there, I can go back to the house, and leave their fat, ham-gorged arses at the bottom of the hill.

writeronfire

Like my boots?
Registered
Reaction score
Good morning! The sun is shining and I'm going out there to feel the sun on my face.

Rachel

Stuff and nonsense.
Registered
Reaction score
Sun? Who has sun? It is FALL people. The leaves are dying. There is no time for sun, just death.

slcboston

Pasture-ized
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
rain this morning. Cold, heavy....

Sun's out now. bright, shiny....

Weather's gone schizo here. :D

Last edited:

DeleyanLee

Writing Anarchist
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
We had some wonderful lighting across the horizon as I was driving into work (headed west) this morning. I'd almost gotten to my park & ride before the lightning stopped and the rain started.

It rained until I got to work and now it's bright and sunshiney, though a bit muggy. Forecast calls for occasional t-boomers (I love t-boomers) today and heavy rain tomorrow.

Good sleeping weather here. Too bad I can spend more time sleeping. ;)

slcboston

Pasture-ized
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Hey, crazy sells. :D

(and besides, I used to be an editor. Not one of the important ones, by any means, but I can tell you from top to bottom the whole publishing industry is just nuts.)

Status
Not open for further replies.