vBulletin Upgrade

Status
Not open for further replies.

AW Admin

Administrator
Registered
Reaction score
We're still tweaking stuff; it's probably going to be a couple of days before we're fully settled.

But.

Let me know if you see stuff missing or that just looks odd. PM AW Admin or Medievalist or post it here.

Thanks and welcome home.

Haggis, not on the carpet!

Sophia

Staff member
Super Moderator
Registered
Reaction score
Sorry - I started another thread before seeing this.

I noticed the link from the Quick Links menu to my profile isn't there any more.

AW Admin

Administrator
Registered
Reaction score
Still working on smilies, profile pics, avatars (I have to rebuild some) and signature images.

AW Admin

Administrator
Registered
Reaction score
Click Edit options rather than Edit Profile. The profiles are much bigger now.

MacAllister

'Twas but a dream of thee
Staff member
Boss Mare
Administrator
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
VPX
Registered
Reaction score
Website
macallisterstone.com
You'll note, folks, that a LOT of stuff is going to be different. This was a several-versions upgrade.

If you notice stuff that's actually broken, that's different.

Stew21

Registered
Reaction score
There really is a lot of different stuff. I feel like I'm back to training wheels. :)

jst5150

Vorpal Comics. Weekly Podcast. Twitch Artist. Vet
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
jasontudor.com
Many THANKS to those who labored over the holiday weekend to make the upgrade. Heroes, all.

Reaction score
Big hugs to all. Even Haggis. Well, maybe not.

GOD I MISSED YOU GUYS!!!!!1111one!!!1

Williebee

Capeless, wingless, & yet I fly.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.ifoundaknife.com
Many THANKS to those who labored over the holiday weekend to make the upgrade. Heroes, all.

What he said! Heroic is a pretty good word for it. Massive work are a couple more.

That it is so smooth, so soon, is extraordinary in forum worlds. Way to go.

Medi- The "Reload this page" icon is showing as a broken image. (yeah, you probably already know that.)

Reaction score
There's a timelag when I click on User CP. It takes a lot longer than usual to show my subscribed threads and rep point comments...is this just because I have so many reps they keep crashing the server? :D

Srsly, that's the only 'problem' I've noticed thus far and it's not even a problem really.

I'm off exploring. :TheWave:

AW Admin

Administrator
Registered
Reaction score
Medi- The "Reload this page" icon is showing as a broken image. (yeah, you probably already know that.)

I'm pretty seriously visually disabled. Could someone tell me where it's broken?

Maybe even a screen shot?

Thanks

All the image stuff will probably be a bit wonky for a while.

AW Admin

Administrator
Registered
Reaction score
OK; thanks--I'll go poke it.

ETA: I've made a temporary fix; this is a template issue. I'll ask Mac how she wants to handle it.

Last edited:

Fenika

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
So what are the perks of the friends feature, other than collecting AWers like pokemon cards? :D

And can we now search for three letter words? (Please please plz!). Can we search for tags??? (I've been playing with those...)

AW Admin

Administrator
Registered
Reaction score
Would people try rating threads for me?

I particularly need someone using IE on Windows, and someone using Chrome.

Thanks

AW Admin

Administrator
Registered
Reaction score
So what are the perks of the friends feature, other than collecting AWers like pokemon cards? :D

That's about it; it's just the "Buddies" feature renamed, I think.

And can we now search for three letter words? (Please please plz!). Can we search for tags??? (I've been playing with those...)

No on three letter words--it means that the index of posts would be HUGE. You can use Google to search just AW.

You will be able to search for tags soon; right now the results are gonna be odd--things need to be tagged first.

Secondly, I need to rebuild some more indexes--which will have to wait probably until Monday night.

On tagging--in order for the Tags to really really work, taggers need to Not Use Idiosyncratic Tags.

The Tags could be really really useful but they very much need to be commonsensical. And not mean.

katiemac

Five by Five
Registered
Reaction score
Lisa, I'm in IE at the moment. I rated this thread using the "upgrade" function next to the thread title while at the Bulletin Board forum. However, the board didn't give me any notification of what I did. Once in the actual thread, vBulletin Upgrade, I do not see the "Rate this Thread" option like I do in Firefox.

ETA: Perhaps you flipped a switch, perhaps not, but I see the "Rate this thread" option now using IE.

Last edited:

Fenika

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Why didn't I think to use google? I've done that for other sites.

Awesome to the rest. Can we have fun tagging spam before it goes kablooie?

Deleted member 42

Lisa, I'm in IE at the moment. I rated this thread using the "upgrade" function next to the thread title while at the Bulletin Board forum. However, the board didn't give me any notification of what I did. Once in the actual thread, vBulletin Upgrade, I do not see the "Rate this Thread" option like I do in Firefox.

ETA: Perhaps you flipped a switch, perhaps not, but I see the "Rate this thread" option now using IE.

Thanks--I didn't do anything, but the screen likely has to be forced to refresh.

Synonym

Registered
Reaction score
I noticed the little tags for instant messaging with Yahoo, AIM, Messenger at (Not)WIS. Will this be available? When you have time, of course.

Deleted member 42

Another question--

I'm sort of punch drunk right now, I'm so tired, and I cna't seem to remember how to get the window that lists all the smilies.

There's a URL for a pop-up. I've answered this question a million times--and can't even remember it now myself.

I'm think I'm llikely just too tired to see it--

SO.

Would some kind soul give me a link?

Thanks

Deleted member 42

I noticed the little tags for instant messaging with Yahoo, AIM, Messenger at (Not)WIS. Will this be available? When you have time, of course.

It's available now--users have to choose to provide the IM contact in their profile.

Reaction score
Another question--

I'm sort of punch drunk right now, I'm so tired, and I cna't seem to remember how to get the window that lists all the smilies.

There's a URL for a pop-up. I've answered this question a million times--and can't even remember it now myself.

SO.

Thanks
This?

alleycat

Still around
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Another question--

SO.

Thanks
Someone needs a nap . . .

Maybe a hug too.

Status
Not open for further replies.