• Read this stickie before posting.

• In order to reduce the number of new members requesting a Beta reader before they're really ready for one, we've instituted a 50 post requirement before you can start a thread seeking a Beta reader.
    • You can still volunteer to Beta for someone else; just please don't request someone to Beta for you until you're more familiar with the community and our members.

First 3 chapters of fantasy. (16,181)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Caramia

Alliteration Afflicted
Registered
Reaction score
The story is done except for the final chapter. It's currently at 89k(ish) but I stopped to go back and do the edits and remind myself what I need to tie up. This seems a good time to get some feedback on the content.

Not asking for a full read. The first three chapters come to 16,181 words. My main goal is to get general feedback on the story, characters, flow and any habitual violations I may be guilty of, that I'm unaware of. While I want to be tough skinned, I won't profess to be prepared for the hard nails approach. Already tossed a story this year because it got slaughtered in SYW. This is supposed to be the one to salvage the bruised esteem :)

To get the general idea, here's a link to the query. It still needs work but gives the gist :)

http://absolutewrite.com/forums/showthread.php?t=151627

*passes out the muffins and milk*

Caramia

Alliteration Afflicted
Registered
Reaction score
Okay. It's at 93,477 and can be read as a full if anyone is interested in that prospect as opposed to my initial request of a few chapters.

kathyhermy123

Registered
Reaction score
Hey-

I'd love to beta-read your fantasy novel! I have betaread about 50 stories, including several fantasy ones.

Can't wait to hear from you,

Kat

Last edited:

Caramia

Alliteration Afflicted
Registered
Reaction score
Sent! Thankyou bunches! :)

Caramia

Alliteration Afflicted
Registered
Reaction score
Bumping! Had a few bites but it's a busy time for most folks and so I'd like to widen the pool a bit to maybe get a full read from someone.

Would really, truly appreciate it. Currently trying to polish/burn/shred/rewrite/rinse&repeat the query and not touching the manuscript right now cause I wanna wait for beta feedback.

Thank you :)

ThePaperGypsy

Won't be on much till December. :(
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Hey! :) I'd be interested in taking a couple nibbles at your story (maybe even a full read, but I can't promise that because of school and soccer) if you're still looking for readers/critics.

--Noey :)

Caramia

Alliteration Afflicted
Registered
Reaction score
*bounce* Thank you! Sent you a rep with email exchange infos :)

Status
Not open for further replies.