I thought I heard a burgler

Cassiopeia

Otherwise Occupied
Registered
Reaction score
Star to the right and straight on till morning.
So, I'm laying in bed, goofing around on my laptop because I got tired of trying to sleep and I hear this noise. I also heard it earlier when I was trying to sleep. Reminded me of a cell phone on vibrate so I checked mine to see if I'd gotten a text message but no. So I keep hearing this sound, I got up and checked, my son is sound asleep and there's no one else here.

I finally listened long enough to figure out what it was.

Ready for this?

My stomach was growling. I didn't FEEL any hunger but man my stomach was going to town on the rumblies in the tumblies. How bizarre is that? After an hour I finally FELT hungry.

I know, yet another arbitrary thread. :tongue

Wayne K

Banned
Reaction score
hamburglar21.jpg

Susie

Thanks, special friend for my avi!
Registered
Reaction score
LOL, Cassi. Glad it was only your tummy grumblin'. Hope you fed it. :D

Too funny, Wayne!

dpaterso

Also in our Discord and IRC chat channels
Staff member
Super Moderator
Registered
Reaction score
Website
derekpaterson.net
I thought this was going to end with toxic chick had followed you home after class to boil your bunny.

-Derek

Captain Scarf

Smart-casual Ninja
Registered
Reaction score
When I first read the title of this topic I began wondering why you were posting about it rather than calling the police or getting a very large baseball bat. I know this forum can be a great help but I don't think it runs an anti-crime section! :)

Cassiopeia

Otherwise Occupied
Registered
Reaction score
Star to the right and straight on till morning.
I thought this was going to end with toxic chick had followed you home after class to boil your bunny.

-Derek
:D Derek you slay me. LOL

When I first read the title of this topic I began wondering why you were posting about it rather than calling the police or getting a very large baseball bat. I know this forum can be a great help but I don't think it runs an anti-crime section! :)
I just had to make fun of myself. What an imagination I have. :)

Smish

Reads more than she writes.
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score

Ha! I thought someone was breaking into my apartment once, and the only weapon I could find to grab was one of those miniature baseball bats they give you when you tour the Louisville Slugger museum.

It's solid wood, so I think it could still do some damage, but I felt so silly. I knew the criminal would look at me -- a 5'3'' blonde in her pajamas wielding a miniature baseball bat -- and laugh. Still, I figured he may be less likely to rape and murder me if I could make him laugh...

That was the first night I spent in that apartment. I later discovered that the noise I heard was the sound of the gate to the dumspter area scraping against the pavement. So, I can sympathize with you, Cassi, about the overactive imagination!

:)Smish

Xelebes

Delerium ex Ennui
Registered
Reaction score
And in other news a person tried breaking into my neighbours house two nights ago. The parents were not home but the kids were. The person was scared away by my neighbour's dog who instantly came to the door.