sthrnwriter

Snoopy Dance!
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.freewebs.com
This was the recent rejection I got:

Dear Andrea Allison

Thank you for your cat submission and your patience. We are sorry to inform you that our Board of Directors has decided against publishing the book due to the lack of acceptable pieces submitted.

We believe your work has merit and we wish you good luck in your pursuit to find another publisher

Sincerely,

Genevieve Frederick, Publisher
[email protected]

At least it was a nice rejection letter.

South

smallthunder

Ruled by Dachshunds
Registered
Reaction score
Look at it this way?

I really feel for you -- but try not to look at it as a 'rejection' letter, but as more of a 'we-would-love-to-publish-your-work-but-we-could-not-find-more-wonderful-writers-on-this-topic-like-you' letter.

Of course, this way of looking at things can certainly be helped along with a couple of shots of hard alcohol ...

My 'virtual' bar is fully stocked -- whaddya like?

sthrnwriter

Snoopy Dance!
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.freewebs.com
Thanks for the offer but I don't really drink. I've always felt that chocolate or ice cream tends to help with the "Rejection Blues". Though alcohol and sweets are really healthy ways to deal with rejection letters but it doesn't hurt to have a little every now and then.

I'm looking for other places to submit my nonfiction short story. Hopefully, I'll find a market for it.

South

Cathy C

Ooo! Shiny new cover!
Kind Benefactor
Absolute Sage
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.cathyclamp.com
Actually, it's not really a rejection of your story, so put away the ice cream. :) It's a rejection of the entire book idea, which is a whole different thing. If I were in your position, I'd write a nice letter back thanking them for informing you so promptly, and then asking them if they would keep you in their file in case they decide to try the book at a later time. At the very least, you'll get a second contact with the editor, and sometimes that will get you remembered! (But that's just me -- I'm somewhat bold... :guns: )

arrowqueen

RIP, our sarky besom
Requiescat In Pace
Registered
Reaction score
Bad luck, south. Unfortunately these things happen - and as everyone has pointed out, you weren't really rejected.

Have a hug anyway.

:Hug2:

sthrnwriter

Snoopy Dance!
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.freewebs.com
I'd write a nice letter back thanking them for informing you so promptly, and then asking them if they would keep you in their file in case they decide to try the book at a later time.

The editor was nice but she didn't technically inform me promptly. Well she did after I sent her a follow-up email about my submission about four months after I sent it. But I did think about sending her an email thanking her for the kind words.

Caty

Registered
Reaction score
Definately keep in touch with her. It's not a real rejection, it's just that only your work was of an acceptable satandard.
Thump out a few more articles and get enough done to make the book your own?

Greenwolf103

I'm a grrrl dog, yo
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
dmcwriter.tripod.com
Well, she did say find "ANOTHER" publisher.

Strange they'd reject it over that, though....

Keep at it, South. Good lucK!

Status
Not open for further replies.