Just about to...

Folofop

Sockpuppet
Banned
Reaction score
...watch Drag me to Hell. Looks quite good. Hopefully will be a Horror, that actually gives me the frights.

Will report my opinions once I've watched it.

Folofop

Sockpuppet
Banned
Reaction score
Well I watched it.

More comedy than horror I would say.

First and last scenes are the best.

Kurtz

Fix up, look sharp.
Registered
Reaction score
I thought Drag Me To Hell was the best (American) horror film in years

Folofop

Sockpuppet
Banned
Reaction score
I thought Drag Me To Hell was the best (American) horror film in years

Yeah, it's good, don't get me wrong and if you're a fan of Raimi, then you will probably love it.

Was just expecting a bit more, not sure what but it sort of felt incomplete.

I'm certainly no movie reviewer though.

Kurtz

Fix up, look sharp.
Registered
Reaction score
Yeah, it's good, don't get me wrong and if you're a fan of Raimi, then you will probably love it.

Was just expecting a bit more, not sure what but it sort of felt incomplete.

I'm certainly no movie reviewer though.

Did you miss the talking goat demon? That alone makes up for the price of a movie ticket. I also liked the funky bass line in the car fight.

Folofop

Sockpuppet
Banned
Reaction score
Yep, I seen it all.

The goat demon was cool, in fact that whole scene was pretty cool too.

When the indian guy and the old gypsy woman, kind of winked and nodded to each other, it seemed like they were in cahoots in conning Christine.

But they weren't.

The old lady at the start, really grossed me out.

Kurtz

Fix up, look sharp.
Registered
Reaction score
The amount of gross body fluids thrown about in that film are impressive.

jodiodi

Reflections of Reality
Registered
Reaction score
*spoilers for people who care*

I loathed the movie and my hatred can be summed up in four words:

Kitty cat & Goat

It had potential, but wasn't scarey; just gross and disgusting and repulsive--which do not equal scarey. And once the Cat scene was inevitable (like when the poor thing first appeared onscreen), I immediately lost interest and knew I was going to hate it.

Zoombie

Dragon of the Multiverse
Registered
Reaction score
Its a Sam Ramie film. If you don't like gross out humor, bizarre slapstick, and jump scares, combined hammy acting and deliberately overdone shtick then you're going to hate it.

Its like going to a Quentin Taranteno film. If you hate long scenes of endlessly talky dialoug that go nowhere, you're going to have a bad time.

Jcomp

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Its a Sam Ramie film. If you don't like gross out humor, bizarre slapstick, and jump scares, combined hammy acting and deliberately overdone shtick then you're going to hate it.

Its like going to a Quentin Taranteno film. If you hate long scenes of endlessly talky dialoug that go nowhere, you're going to have a bad time.

Not necessarily. Raimi' shown he can restrain himself if he wants to, in both A Simple Plan and The Gift.

That said, a movie titled Drag Me to Hell kind of gives away its B-movie ambition. Interestingly I had a dream about this movie last night where I sort of intervened on the proceedings thanks to my exceptional genre savvy.

VeggieChick

Registered
Reaction score
*spoilers for people who care*

I loathed the movie and my hatred can be summed up in four words:

Kitty cat & Goat

It had potential, but wasn't scarey; just gross and disgusting and repulsive--which do not equal scarey. And once the Cat scene was inevitable (like when the poor thing first appeared onscreen), I immediately lost interest and knew I was going to hate it.

I stopped watching when that happened. I HATE that in movies. It just seems like the obvious thing to do and so everybody does it. Can we have a horror movie without it, please? Just because I like to see dead people doesn't mean I want to see dead animals.

GeorgeK

ever seeking
Registered
Reaction score

Where's your movie review blog?

I think Raimi is Hilarious, The Evil Dead is one of the few trilogies I purchased and will sometimes plan a wide array of snacks around.
Tarantino is stick a fork in my head it's so boring alternating with gratuitous violence to wake up all of those without a fork in our heads. Pulp Fiction was a statistical anomaly.

Last edited: