PDA

View Full Version : Not that I've been checking my e-mail every 5 minutes or anything...

Jacquelyn Hyde
09-02-2009, 07:04 AM
I've been submitting my work for a little less than a year. I've amassed a modest collection of rejections. To date, I've only received one form rejection, and the responses were all timely... until now. The max time listed for a query is 2 months. It's been about a week since the two month mark passed.

I had checked Duotrope/Submitting to the Blackhole/ect, and some reports list responses as late as 4 or 5 months. I'm torn. Should I go ahead and query? What should I say? Should I play it coy? Pretend I haven't been refreshing my mail obsessively?

Mumut
09-02-2009, 07:24 AM
Just an aside. Have you submitted your query or any of your work to SYW? You seem to have been getting a lot of nothing. Could there be something wrong with your approach? Just wondered.

Jacquelyn Hyde
09-02-2009, 05:56 PM
A whole lot of nothing? I have several stories I've sent out into the world. When they came back with a personal rejection, I retooled them a bit/sat them in a folder for a rewrite. I have several sources of critique outside of this forum, and this particular story hasn't snagged its first rejection yet... so I'm not too worried about the whole "Oh, it's not you, it's me." just yet.

NicoleMD
09-02-2009, 06:25 PM
I think it would be okay to query after a couple more weeks have passed, just to give them a little grace period.

Nicole